Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Folau - Higgins/Lehrmann P193

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5253545556 362>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2019 at 8:48pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

<span style="font-family: "Times ic Display"; font-size: 18px; : rgb251, 251, 253;">Jones has repeatedly accused Rugby Australia of “kneeling down for corporate dollars”</span>
<span style="font-family: "Times ic Display"; font-size: 18px; : rgb251, 251, 253;">
</span>
<span style="font-family: "Times ic Display"; font-size: 18px; : rgb251, 251, 253;">Errrm, who pays Jones huge salary?</span>

He must have a memory like a goldfish. Has forgotten all about cash for comments.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2019 at 8:48pm
Exactly djebel. Only a case of contract law after all (apparently)
Refer ALP Election Promises
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2019 at 8:50pm
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

Rugby Australia has kissed this right up. This has become far bigger than it should have been. It should have lasted no longer than a weeks news cycle. 

will last 10 years here with oneone's obsession Ouch
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2019 at 8:59pm
Whale will you stop following me around please. Suggest you direct your energy towards relationship management with your partner/s.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2019 at 3:01am

Jones has repeatedly accused Rugby Australia of “kneeling down for corporate dollars

Errrm, who pays Jones huge salary?

Errrm - doesn't mean it's untrue, does it?

Not when it is clearly what has happened.
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2019 at 3:12am
I missed the full details, but I see that the divisive QAINTASS CEO was prancing around announcing new Frequent Flyer rewards today.

Not sure how true it is, but I heard that you earn double rewards if you agree to take an economy class seat between these two ...

Image result for two fat gay guys

No, sorry, I can't confirm which one might be Whale, and I dispute that it is either ... as I understand it, Whale is a loyal Tiger Air parton.Thumbs Up

Not sure if this was right - is it true that they also announced that anyone carrying a Holy Bible will be charged excess baggage fees?Confused
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
rusty nails View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2019 at 3:32am
That’s a bit cheeky Doc.

We both know the dude on the right is a dead ringer for an airbrushed version of you......
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2019 at 4:36am
LOL... you score triple rewards if you sit between me and Whale!Thumbs Up
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2019 at 4:47am
FYI rusty, I've always been ahead of my time - knew it, nailed it.Wink

You might have to get down the pub on a more serious basis - summer is just around the corner you know!LOL

‘Men with dad bods are more attractive to women’ than guys with rock-hard abs, says new survey

Men with a slight paunch and a distinct lack of cheese grater abs are officially “more attractive” than they were in the past.

Dad bods have been a “thing” since around 2016 and according to Planet Fitness, the modern body type’s popularity is on the up, made famous by the likes of Hollywood superstar Chris Pratt, The Sun reports.

Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2019 at 10:18am
Originally posted by Dr E Dr E wrote:

Jones has repeatedly accused Rugby Australia of “kneeling down for corporate dollars

Errrm, who pays Jones huge salary?

Errrm - doesn't mean it's untrue, does it?

Not when it is clearly what has happened.

Why did one of the biggest names in world television/radio, Bill O'Reilly lose his job and why is Hannity and Laura Ingraham teetering on the brink of losing their 8 figure salaries? 

Sponsor pressure. 

I thought a knuckle-head neo-con like you would appreciate how markets work....or is it only when it suits?Embarrassed
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2019 at 10:18am
Go and help the poor battler out OneOne. I’m sure Alan Jones’s contribution will be listed somewhere there.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/Israel-folau-legal-action-fund
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2019 at 10:23am
$3m? Shocked The fight for right to be vile, intolerant and abusive is pretty costly. 
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2019 at 10:24am
Off topic E&E. We have moved on from Izzy, Castle & RA - yesterdays news - thought you would have noticed.  Its all about that little Irish twat now. Keep up please !
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2019 at 10:31am
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

Off topic E&E. We have moved on from Izzy, Castle & RA - yesterdays news - thought you would have noticed.  Its all about that little Irish twat now. Keep up please !

So you’re not going to be donating to help him out? I’m sure you’ll get the money back since it’s a slam dunk and RA will be forced to pay his costs. Right??
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2019 at 10:41am
Originally posted by ExceedAndExcel ExceedAndExcel wrote:

So you’re not going to be donating to help him out? I’m sure you’ll get the money back since it’s a slam dunk and RA will be forced to pay his costs. Right??

It is free to post here, 20 times a day, you don't think he would contribute ever $1 for this "just cause " 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2019 at 11:15am
Originally posted by Whale Whale wrote:

Originally posted by ExceedAndExcel ExceedAndExcel wrote:

It is free to post here, 20 times a day, you don't think he would contribute ever $1 for this "just cause " 

Well to be honest Whale I thought he might. After 50+ pages with 80%+ posts being his I thought he might be passionate enough about it to contribute. I guess like Alan Jones who also will not contribute anything significant actions don’t speak louder than words.
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2019 at 11:49am
So have I read that right? there’s a go fund me site from a bloke who wants to take a Falou on?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2019 at 11:53am
There is a Go Fun Me page trying to raise $3 million for Folau's defense fund. 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2019 at 11:54am
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2019 at 12:16pm
what a disgusting, selfish act, a multi millionaire asking for others to fund his case, because there are not a thousand actual worthy causes out there Confused

strange how his principles dissipate when it comes to putting his hand in his own pocket 
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2019 at 12:33pm
Me and Whale are in agreement here .  ( scarey I know but we do agree sometimes ).  Thats pretty darn rude asking people to fund him when he has earned millions playing a game, and could have kept earning millions if he kept his big mouth shut.
If he wins, is he going to refund to everyone who donates, or will he just take his money and stick it in the plate at the church?  The church his father set up .  Doesnt his wife earn reasonable money at her game ?  What has he done with what he already earned ? 
So many worthy and genuine needy causes to donate to and he has the gall to ask for money Sick
animals before people.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2019 at 12:43pm
Listening to the IZZY interview this morning ( I presume he is truthful )

Stating there is nothing in any contract regarding a clause about the matter.
He stated he did verbally discuss the subject with the RA.

IF that is the case this is a "no contest" .     IZZY wins big time.
Baguette View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baguette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2019 at 1:15pm
I was just going to ask about that ! I’d heard from other people that there’s no clause in his contract that specifically bans him from talking about his religion on social media. If AU haven’t gotten this right then you’re probably right . A bit of a mess really!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2019 at 1:29pm
Originally posted by Baguette Baguette wrote:

I was just going to ask about that ! I’d heard from other people that there’s no clause in his contract that specifically bans him from talking about his religion on social media. If AU haven’t gotten this right then you’re probably right . A bit of a mess really!

I posted here last week  the basic RA code of conduct clauses he was charged under and found guilty of a high breach by the independent panel. 
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2019 at 2:33pm
Would not donate a dime to Falou even though I believe he to be in the right. Not his views just his right to express them. 

How the kiss does it cost that much to fight what is right or wrong ?
reductio ad absurdum
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2019 at 2:41pm
Bit of a slow grind for his fund. $242 k at an average donation around $99 at the moment. Should have no trouble making 1 million - probably not much more. I urge everyone to dig deep - a very good cause
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2019 at 2:50pm
Can everyone contact friends , families - even enemies - via all means possible - word of mouth , telephone , social media - or shout it from the rooftops. Australia needs to get behind this issue. Thankyou
rusty nails View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2019 at 2:51pm
A good cause?

A multi millionaire has rejected a multi million dollar settlement, and wants joe average to fund his roll of the dice so he can get more at no risk to himself.......
Fuvk off!
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2019 at 2:53pm
Now , now Rusty - your a better man than that
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2019 at 2:57pm
Some very interesting contributors as well. “Former Qantas Customer” donated $25 - & “Rugby Australia” $100. Interesting
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5253545556 362>