Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Folau - Higgins/Lehrmann P193

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3031323334 361>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2019 at 11:09am
Bit rich. Before Folau goes ahead with possible Supreme Court action she wants him to consider what damage he has already done to the game. Hope she applies the same standards to herself

Refer ALP Election Promises
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2019 at 11:18am
"Upholding my religious beliefs should not prevent my ability to work or play for my club or country"

I dont think you need to be religous, left wing or right wing to understand that point. He just wanted to play Rugby without having being gagged.
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2019 at 11:21am
Rugby Australia - the boss- can't put a clause in an employee's contract - the worker - unless the workers union agrees to it. Bob Hawke would be proud. Big smile

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong

Chorus
Solidarity forever, solidarity forever
Solidarity forever

Is there aught we hold in common with the greedy parasite 
Who would lash us into serfdom and would crush us with his might?  
Is there anything left to us but to organize and fight?  
For the union makes us strong

It is we who ploughed the prairies, built the cities where they trade
Dug the mines and built the workshops, endless miles of railroad laid
Now we stand outcast and starving 'mid the wonders we have made
But the union makes us strong 

All the world  that's owned by idle drones is ours and ours alone 
We have laid the wide foundations, built it skyward stone by stone 
It is ours, not to slave in, but to master and to own  
While the union makes us strong

They have taken untold millions that they never toiled to earn
But without our brain and muscle not a single wheel can turn
We can break their haughty power gain our freedom when we learn
That the Union makes us strong

In our hands is placed a power greater than their hoarded gold
Greater than the might of armies magnified a thousandfold
We can bring to birth a new world from the ashes of the old

An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2019 at 11:28am
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

"Upholding my religious beliefs should not prevent my ability to work or play for my club or country"

I dont think you need to be religous, left wing or right wing to understand that point. He just wanted to play Rugby without having being gagged.

Good on him embracing his religion, if that is your thing. Now if he just had the same respect for those who feed him and his family, and make him well off(is there something in his bible about a rich man?) none of this would be happening.

Silly meathead.
mc41 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mc41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2019 at 12:25pm
I believe if a person is damaging my business I can fire them
And im not right/left
As a former business owner. You only fire people that are bad for your business,never fired anybody that was good for it.
Softy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Softy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2019 at 12:35pm

And he’s free to play rugby without getting gagged. He just won’t get 4 million.
If he loves the game that much he can organise matches between churches and say whatever he likes.
But if he wants to get paid he’ll probably have to agree to the terms of a contract.
Funny how it works really.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2019 at 7:30pm
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2019 at 7:58pm

Not even I agree with Mundines racist claim Confused

Mundine talks a lot of crap but off course he is an Aborigine who speaks up so it goes without saying you disagree with ANYTHING  he says Wink
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 10:09am
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 10:26am
He joins the chorus of supporters including Alan Jones and Anthony Mundine who have come to Folau’s defence since Friday.

The A-Team, The Parrot, Mundine and Dwyer.  Deary me oneone...LOL
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 10:38am
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

He joins the chorus of supporters including Alan Jones and Anthony Mundine who have come to Folau’s defence since Friday.

The A-Team, The Parrot, Mundine and Dwyer.  Deary me oneone...LOL

That reminds me- did Warren Mundine win?

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 10:44am
No he didn't
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 10:57am
Brother Folau is assured of a long life if he stays on the path of righteousness. I wonder how long? Enoch lived to 365 but rumour has it he was a bit of a drunk. Seth was 912. Jared was 962. And of course Methusalah was 969.

Simon Cameron

rusty nails View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 12:02pm

Former ARU coach Bob Dwyer supports Folau - saying RA handled it disgracefully ;

Bob Dwyer is a goose.
His suggestion of how they should have handled it,is EXACTLY what they did first time around.
He also conveniently ignores how they should handle the pressure from their major sponsors.

It’s a really good demonstration that commenting from afar is much easier than actually doing the job.
His efforts in the “rejuvenation “ of Narbonne pretty much proving the point.
Can’t even run a club.......
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 1:31pm
People have the right to believe what they wish.     To openly express those beliefs, there is an expectation of evidence to support same.

I recall the brain wash of the Catholic School I attended at a very young age.      While I have very much rejected it all over the many years since ,   
The foundation and parrot like teachings , stay with you forever.

It is therefore very pleasing to see the majority , kick Shorten and his Green Bile =     out of action.

When I see these young victims of child abuse, demonstrating about Climate Change I feel angry that I can't be a party to lynching the perpetrators.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 1:37pm
You mean those young victims of abuse in the Catholic system maxie?

Didn't Abbott and Howard give Pell character references?
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 3:33pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

You mean those young victims of abuse in the Catholic system maxie?

Didn't Abbott and Howard give Pell character references?

Blinded by the Brain Wash no doubt . It has no boundaries.

I had friends trying to convince me only weeks ago that no Country should have boundaries.   The World an open space , free travel , residence, to anyone who chooses same.     School Teacher, which tells a story aye.

I wonder how many innocent victims of the School predators , tried to tell unbelieving parents of their plight ..   Frightening thought.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 7:07pm
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 7:16pm
No surprise there.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 7:25pm
Would be interesting to know who is financial backers are - will cost a pretty penny !
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 7:28pm

You do get the impression he has a lot of urgers around him. Hope they stick when the going gets tough - as it undoubtedly will 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 7:32pm
The tax office is monitoring his financial backing it was reported.
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 7:47pm
Am confused.  Why would the ATO be doing thus?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 7:48pm

Would be interesting to know who is financial backers are - will cost a pretty penny !

It's not his church, that's for sure.

Simon Cameron

oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 7:49pm
I was thinking the same thing. Why would they come out of their bunker to say it ?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 7:49pm
Monitoring whether people would try to funnel funds for his legal defense through his church to get tax deductions.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 8:02pm
Yes - but it does seem odd the ATO would tell that to someone. Is it normal practice to leak that sort of info ?
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 8:07pm

Yes - but it does seem odd the ATO would tell that to someone. Is it normal practice to leak that sort of info ?

Why not? Every year they announce which industries/jobs they are targeting for scrutiny on tax returns. It’s just telling people not to try anything dodgy that’s all.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 8:14pm
Yes - normally by group though. Like the taxi industry, or dry cleaners , ect. This seems to be aimed specifically at Folau & his church. Just seems a touch contrived to me.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 8:19pm

Yes - normally by group though. Like the taxi industry, or dry cleaners , ect. This seems to be aimed specifically at Folau & his church. Just seems a touch contrived to me.

Targeting the group of meatheads who own their own church.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3031323334 361>