Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Folau - Higgins/Lehrmann P193

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 362>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
mc41 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mc41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Folau - Higgins/Lehrmann P193
    Posted: Yesterday at 1:21pm
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

Have you got arthritis in your fingers today MC 41 ?

Your comments lack coherency !
Just you’re motto 
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 12:23pm
People in glass houses...
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 12:13pm
Have you got arthritis in your fingers today MC 41 ?

Your comments lack coherency !
Refer ALP Election Promises
mc41 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mc41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 11:45am

Maybe - but please be honest - you have NEVER had a good word to say about her 

Retreat deflect 
rusty nails View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2024 at 9:33pm
Originally posted by Baghdad Bob Baghdad Bob wrote:

Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

Bob I'll offer you a wager.  My assessment is that even if the Court finds for the ever litigious Senator, any damages will fall well short of $2m plus you mention.  Perhaps in the $200k range.

And why?  because:

a. she alleges her demotion from the Ministry was a specific consequence of imputations from Sharaz, which is extremely arguable at very best.  No-one loses a portfolio on the basis of innuendo; and
b. the imputations were for the most part predominantly aired by Channel 10, though Sharaz has a case to answer though arguably less than does Channel 10; and
c. it's appears something of a stretch to claim that lovely Linda was the subject of vilification and trolling on social media as a direct result of anything the defendants might have said.

So here we go, each based on a $10 wager:

You get $11 about a $2m-plus result, $7 about $1m-plus, $3 about $0.5m plus outcome.

Or you instead offer me a quote for a less than $0.5m result.  

ps I'm backing an undisclosed settlement.

Ever litigious senator? Do you have evidence of prior other cases she has launched?  You know she was hospitalized following the innuendos to which she was subjected.
BTW Higgins got $220,000 payout (payoff?) for her medical expenses a good starting point for Reynolds in her defamation claims.
she sued ACT government and Drumgold.
Also threatened to sue Plibersek a year ago.
So,she’s not a virgin
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2024 at 9:13pm
 Anyone who gets upset by social media, should not run for office.

You need an elephant hide to be in politics. 
Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2024 at 9:06pm
Well I certainly acknowledge she's made her way in life and congratulate her for doing so. It's hard yards for any woman in parliament.

Even given she ultimately proved an embarrassing failure in the Defence portfolio and was sacked from her other Ministerial appointment.  

ps her withdrawal from parliamentary duties was at the time announced as being due to a "pre-existing" medical issue rather than any response to the Higgins imbroglio, which arguably further weakens her case against Sharaz.

oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2024 at 8:45pm
Maybe - but please be honest - you have NEVER had a good word to say about her 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2024 at 8:45pm
ps the offered wagers still stand.  Boys it's time to put your money....
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2024 at 8:43pm
If you have f-all to offer oneonesit, other than a gee-up for someone with whom you agree, please don't insult others by offering it.

ps  Linda has launched at least five actions in very recent times.  Do a google and you'll be obliged to agree.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2024 at 8:31pm
That’s for Second Chance - not you Bob

You are fair & balanced on the matter as usual Thumbs Up
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2024 at 8:26pm
You lack credibility re Reynolds

You have been death riding her as long as I can remember
Baghdad Bob View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2024 at 8:26pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

Bob I'll offer you a wager.  My assessment is that even if the Court finds for the ever litigious Senator, any damages will fall well short of $2m plus you mention.  Perhaps in the $200k range.

And why?  because:

a. she alleges her demotion from the Ministry was a specific consequence of imputations from Sharaz, which is extremely arguable at very best.  No-one loses a portfolio on the basis of innuendo; and
b. the imputations were for the most part predominantly aired by Channel 10, though Sharaz has a case to answer though arguably less than does Channel 10; and
c. it's appears something of a stretch to claim that lovely Linda was the subject of vilification and trolling on social media as a direct result of anything the defendants might have said.

You get $11 about a $2m-plus result, $7 about $1m-plus, $3 about $0.5m plus outcome.

Ever litigious senator? Do you have evidence of prior other cases she has launched?  You know she was hospitalized following the innuendos to which she was subjected.
BTW Higgins got $220,000 payout (payoff?) for her medical expenses a good starting point for Reynolds in her defamation claims.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2024 at 7:41pm

And why?  because:

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2024 at 7:07pm

Linda Reynolds has spoken out for the first time since the Federal Court comprehensively debunked suggestions she and her office had engaged in a cover-up of Brittany Higgins’ rape.

The WA Liberal senator, who was the defence minister at the time her staffer Ms Higgins was raped by colleague Bruce Lehrmann in the minister’s parliamentary office, said the findings handed down by Justice Michael Lee during his verdict in Mr Lehrmann’s defamation had finally “set the record straight”.

“For three years I have endured intense public scrutiny, vilification, vile trolling and have been demonised as the villain in a story of a political cover-up I have always known to be untrue. Fiona Brown and I have lost our careers, had our reputations destroyed and have had our health seriously and irreparably compromised,” Senator Reynolds said.

“The decision of his Honour Justice Lee has finally set the record straight with respect to the conduct of Ms Brown and myself and the demonstrably false narrative that has dominated headlines and ruined lives and careers. To say I am pleased with the findings in relation to Ms Brown and myself and the cover-up that never was, would be an understatement.”

Beyond Justice Lee’s key finding that, on the balance of probabilities, Mr Lehrmann had in fact raped Ms Higgins, the judgment was notable for demolishing the notion that Senator Reynolds and her chief of staff at the time, Ms Brown,  had tried to cover up the incident.

The so-called “cover-up narrative” was at the centre of the Network Ten reports that prompted Mr Lehrmann’s unsuccessful defamation action. Senator Reynolds was subsequently demoted from the defence portfolio, and she recently announced that she would retire from politics at the next election.

Senator Reynolds is currently suing Ms Higgins and her fiance, David Sharaz, for defamation in the Western Australian Supreme Court. That matter is scheduled to go to trial later this year with the senator vowing to push on with the claim.

As Reynolds is pushing on with her claim I reckon Higgins and her beau, Sharma, might need every bit of that $2.45 million she was paid out by the ALP government.

oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2024 at 3:49pm
Here's the problem for you Rusty ;

I accept the Civil outcome

I accept the Criminal outcome

And the bloke is still walking around 

So how am I wrong & you somehow correct ?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2024 at 2:34pm
Jeez, if we are talking about form on this subject, and you had any self awareness, you’d be catatonic with embarrassment by now.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2024 at 2:29pm
Originally posted by rusty nails rusty nails wrote:

The burden of proof is higher in a criminal case

I don't think a "balance of probabilities" would be sufficient to lock someone up for 20 years

Not unlike the OJ case in the US
Tell us again how the Briginshaw standard was certain to win it for himLOLLOLLOL
Don't worry - we will walk you through it following the Appeal Thumbs Up
Appeal???

WTF is wrong with you?

I know you didn’t understand the topic at all.
But this is ridiculous,even for you.

Brucey sued for defamation for damage to his reputation, and then trashed his own reputation in the court process.

Justice Lee said he was a serial liar, a cad, a cheat, who’s evidence was risible,and judged his reputation as being so low as to be worth only $20k IF he had won.
But the truth defence was successful, so he lost.

Now, who’s got another $5M+ to appeal this verdict, so he can be awarded $20k IF the appeal was successful?
Who knows what Stokes will do - he doesn't seen to worry too much re money. He might not be too pleased Channel 10 getting one over on him. 

Don't forget your form in this area is not too good - you said the BRS would not Appeal either & he did (& lost I know)

We will see
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2024 at 2:28pm
Originally posted by Bonjour Bonjour wrote:

Originally posted by jujuno jujuno wrote:

Doesn't look like Bruce is going to be given the opportunity to prove his innocence in Court. Will always carry with him the smear of being guilty.

Brittney struggling with mental health issues apparently - to be detailed at 10am

Lot of people have a lot to answer over this case. 

I would think you'd be throwing a party for the arse...

this is precisely why women don't always report rape...

Angry
Are you Judge.....or Jury?.........now Bruce can sue for defamation, his life has been destroyed by this woman, and her ideologue friends.........whatever happened to justice, and innocent until found guilty, God you lot have a lot to answer for.......the Juror that bought the material [docs] into courts was reading about false rape claims?....they happen you know, they bloody do and men go to jail for it because of women with mental health issues........and that's a lose lose for both parties.

LOLLOLLOL
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2024 at 2:22pm
Originally posted by Bonjour Bonjour wrote:

Ladbrokes are betting evens Bruce goes the defamation suite.......I'd take 4-6 on...and so he should, his professional life is buggered, did she make it up? we'll never know now will we, the stigma sits more on Bruce's shoulders than the woman involved, lets see shall we.

Poor old Bonjour KC clueless again. Has his legal opinion ever been right? LOLLOL
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2024 at 2:05pm

I don't think a "balance of probabilities" would be sufficient to lock someone up for 20 years

Tell us again how the Briginshaw standard was certain to win it for himLOLLOLLOL
Appeal???

WTF is wrong with you?

I know you didn’t understand the topic at all.
But this is ridiculous,even for you.

Brucey sued for defamation for damage to his reputation, and then trashed his own reputation in the court process.

Justice Lee said he was a serial liar, a cad, a cheat, who’s evidence was risible,and judged his reputation as being so low as to be worth only $20k IF he had won.
But the truth defence was successful, so he lost.

Now, who’s got another $5M+ to appeal this verdict, so he can be awarded $20k IF the appeal was successful?
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2024 at 1:30pm
Nice Bob

Was that the same David who had a good relationship with Katy ?

What a coincidence !

Almost convenient
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2024 at 1:20pm

The judge has been curious about David Sharaz all the way through the trial. At one point he likened Sharaz to the prophet Elijah, quipping there was a seat for him at the Passover table, but he never shows up.

Justice Lee asked both sides why they weren’t calling him to give evidence — and he had a lot to say about him in the judgment.

David Sharaz was the one who went to Lisa Wilkinson with a story he called a ‘Liberal Party Me Too Project Pitch”. In his messages and conversations with The Project team, he made it clear this was a story of a political cover-up and he wanted it to come out very soon, before Scott Morrison had a chance to call an election.

That’s because he wanted the Labor Party to ask questions about it in Question Time, during parliament — and if Morrison called the election, Parliament would rise and Labor wouldn’t get the opportunity to hammer the issue.

The judge said his motivations were clear — he wanted to cause political damage to the government — and he criticised Lisa Wilkinson and the producer Angus Llewellyn for not being more sceptical about the whole story for that reason.

oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2024 at 6:11pm
What an odd question. 

I'm feeling quite chipper - but thanks for asking LOL

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2024 at 6:06pm

How do you feel?

https://x.com/hughriminton/status/1780114764628390323
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2024 at 2:10pm
LOLLOL
Furt View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Furt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2024 at 2:09pm
Originally posted by jujuno jujuno wrote:

Like Al Capone and OJ Simpson, 'Brucey' might eventually get convicted for a lesser crime.

Like perjury....

Given up on the Toowoomba case?
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2024 at 2:08pm

oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2024 at 2:06pm
I doubt it

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2024 at 1:59pm
 Like Al Capone and OJ Simpson, 'Brucey' might eventually get convicted for a lesser crime.

Like perjury....

Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 362>