Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Breeding - Public Forums > Stallions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Stallions to Stud 2019

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2019 at 7:48pm
82 years between Djebel and Santos. 

Lady Upstage is of course the mother of the wonderful Shaftesbury Avenue.

reductio ad absurdum
Speediskey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speediskey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2019 at 11:25pm
So Pierata to Aquis. Will stand for 38.5-44 is my guess based on the sale price.
robbo View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2019 at 10:54am
So Eureka announced overnight that, in collaboration with Darley, they are going to stand Encryption at the end of the Winter carnival.

No knock on the horse - he is a talented sprinter with a lovely pedigree - but wouldn't he be the perfect candidate to train on at four and tryand nail a group one? The ranks are looking pretty thin next year and I don't think the current juveniles are the strongest crop. He would start single figures in a Golden Eagle and then could make his way to the Hunter. Or, as has been pointed out to me in the past re Impending, are Darley reluctant to have too many Lonhro sons at stud, especially in the year they're introducing Kementari?

robbo View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote robbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2019 at 10:55am
Also, Siege of Quebec and Lean Mean Machine to headline an Aquis foray into Victoria. $13,200 and $17,600 respectively.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2019 at 9:04pm
reductio ad absurdum
rem286 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rem286 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2019 at 9:09am
So Trapeze Artist fee adjusted to $88k for single mares and $75 for multiples.

Pierata not retiring this year and targeted towards the Everest
robbo View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2019 at 10:21am
Such good news about Pierata - and as mentioned above he should see a relatively moderate Everest field and have every chance.

Kudos to Vieira both for listening to the market with Trapeze and especially for donating the nomination to Tye Angland that sold last night for $105K.
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2019 at 10:31am
Great for SC if he can win another two or three G1's.  Go boy.

It is great to see an owner give to a jockey who was great for them and has lost so much.  But the racing industry is full of characters who are generous to the extreme.  Horses can bring out the best in so many people.  Hope the stallion can go on with the job and give Angland a good salary for years to come.
Sister Dot View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sister Dot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2019 at 12:24pm
U don’t have to be poor, to be extremely frugal with your dough. Hats off to Bert Vieira for his generous and maybe life changing gift. A wonderful gesture at a time when he and his family are also hurting.
“Where in this wide world can man find nobility without pride, friendship without envy, or beauty without vanity? Here where grace is laced with muscle and strength by gentleness confined”
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2019 at 12:49pm
Originally posted by robbo robbo wrote:

Such good news about Pierata - and as mentioned above he should see a relatively moderate Everest field and have every chance.

Kudos to Vieira both for listening to the market with Trapeze and especially for donating the nomination to Tye Angland that sold last night for $105K.

Thanks for that info Robbo.  I was just going to ask what the nom sold for. Who bought do you know ?
animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2019 at 12:51pm
And yes, hats off to Bert for thinking of Angland at such a bad time for him.
animals before people.
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sister Dot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2019 at 1:20pm

Also, Siege of Quebec and Lean Mean Machine to headline an Aquis foray into Victoria. $13,200 and $17,600 respectively.

$17,600 Found this horse intriguing, blackbooked him and and kept waiting for him to really get up and do something? $475K prize money, but then some of the best stallions weren’t absolute topliners on the track? Be interesting to follow his story
bank of atm america near me
“Where in this wide world can man find nobility without pride, friendship without envy, or beauty without vanity? Here where grace is laced with muscle and strength by gentleness confined”
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sister Dot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2019 at 1:30pm
Don’t get me wrong, I’m not demeaning him. Just had the feeling all along he was going to race longer, jump out of the box and become a real standout.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2019 at 2:02pm
Failed to come up to their exspectations it seems so pulled the pin before it got worse imo.
Ticino View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ticino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2019 at 10:00am
Hello,
when I went back the damlöine of Santos(by  I am Invincible) i got a real surprise. His damline is represented ion Germany , too. Th foundatioon mare in my home Country was "Golden Hind" (by Banstar) an later transfered to the former GDR, where the damline luckily 'survived'. It has procuded Goldtaucher, Goldtresse, Goldkatze etc. and last season the promising filly "Gold (by Sea the Moon) see my thread "2 year old races in Germany".

The common ancestor of 'Santos' (6th dam) and Gold (9th dam) is "Experience"  and further back "Helene", a FS of Adam/Ajax (Teddy).

regards, Ticino
P.S.: 'Gold'will race on Sunday 5.5.19 at Mulheim in a small race (3rd Race, scheduled 4.25 MET) for
3 year old fillies.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2019 at 1:13pm
Anyone know when Coolmore are parading this year ?   Sat or Sun ??
animals before people.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2019 at 2:08pm
Google can be your friend Wink

ATC Members enjoy an exclusive one day tour to Scone to attend the Stallion Parade at Coolmore and Arrowfield Studs on Sunday, 25 August 2019.
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2019 at 3:47pm
No, I dont want to go on a tour.    But maybe they are only doing Sunday parade this year.  They used to do bith days awhile back.  I was hoping for Sat !
animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2019 at 3:48pm
thats both Ermm
animals before people.
slowdown View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slowdown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2022 at 7:40am

Originally posted by rem286 rem286 wrote:

Harry Angel >>> Darley Kelvinside $22k

Looks well priced at first glance.

sh'bourne spirit confirmed in foal to Harry Angel a couple of weeks ago.  pretty wrapped 
Rebel - racing. Lionel - in work. Glory - spelling. Ray - spelling. A Wee Nip - in work.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2022 at 9:48am
Super news slowdown, he's certainly kicking goals already which I'd doubted being by Dark Angel Clap & knowing you, it'll be a good match Tongue
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
slowdown View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote slowdown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2022 at 11:13am
Cheers Gay, absolutely wrapped and Sh'Bourne Star took first time to Astern so things are looking up. 
Rebel - racing. Lionel - in work. Glory - spelling. Ray - spelling. A Wee Nip - in work.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2022 at 12:53pm
Astern had a decent winner yesterday.
animals before people.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2022 at 12:54pm
Good luck with both slowdown , looking forward with interest . 👍
slowdown View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slowdown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2022 at 3:08pm
yes two nice winners yesterday A.A. Thanks Carioca. we are too. 
Petiterhapsody View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Petiterhapsody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2022 at 5:11pm
Smart move Slowdown. I've got a Harry Angel due in August next out of a SYT mare so looks like there will be at least 2 Harry foals in Tassie next season.👏
slowdown View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slowdown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2022 at 5:53pm
nice one Petite. One racing Friday for Adam too
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234