Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Community - Public Forums > General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

NZ Mosque Shooting

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2019 at 5:36pm
And this is at least a step in the "right" direction:

Victorian Premier Daniel Andrews has flagged opening Parliament with a multi-faith ceremony instead of the Lord's Prayer.

Key points:

·         The Lord's Prayer and an acknowledgement of country are read at the beginning of each sitting day

·         Some MPs question the prayer's use in the secular parliament, saying church and state should be separate

·         The Premier is open to the idea of removing the prayer if it has widespread support

Religions observed by state MPs include Christianity, Judaism, Islam and Hinduism.
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2019 at 7:25pm
Rupie will have a field day with this...
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2019 at 7:32pm
Almost not to mention the Western suburbs Felafel franchisee.  Wink
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2019 at 9:59pm
I have just read 6 pages on this issue and I think a major point has been missed here.

When she went to the Unitd Nations with her baby and the first husband, I rolled my eyes at Miss Ardern.

However I have come to the realisation that the NZ Prime Minister, is one of the best world leaders we have right now.

The best wrap I can give her is that she is the only world leader I have seen, who, if I was a part of their protection, I would take a bullet for.

She has been strong, forthright, straight forward, transparent, answered all the families of the murdered questions face to face and come up with a huge decision to ban semi and automatic weapons, which is huge in New Zealand.

She makes our squabbling, child-like leaders, if that is what yo want to call them, look inept, incompetent and irrelevant.

A thumbs up     
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
Tontonan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tontonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2019 at 6:27pm
I couldn't agree more Voyager.  Well said.
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2019 at 7:33pm
Originally posted by VOYAGER VOYAGER wrote:

I have just read 6 pages on this issue and I think a major point has been missed here.

When she went to the Unitd Nations with her baby and the first husband, I rolled my eyes at Miss Ardern.

However I have come to the realisation that the NZ Prime Minister, is one of the best world leaders we have right now.

The best wrap I can give her is that she is the only world leader I have seen, who, if I was a part of their protection, I would take a bullet for.

She has been strong, forthright, straight forward, transparent, answered all the families of the murdered questions face to face and come up with a huge decision to ban semi and automatic weapons, which is huge in New Zealand.

She makes our squabbling, child-like leaders, if that is what yo want to call them, look inept, incompetent and irrelevant.

A thumbs up     

She's right up there with John Howard.Wink
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2019 at 7:36pm
You would wonder why NZ didn't do it 20+ years ago after Port Arthur. Were they waiting for their own massacre?

Simon Cameron

Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2019 at 7:45pm
Rather interestingly, didn’t she want to slash immigration in the lead up to her being elected?
JudgeHolden View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2019 at 7:49pm
Originally posted by Shrunk in the Wash Shrunk in the Wash wrote:

Rather interestingly, didn’t she want to slash immigration in the lead up to her being elected?

By "slashing immigration", you mean keep Aussies out? Maybe she should've.
Tontonan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tontonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2019 at 8:27pm

But her reasoning for lower immigration growth was not based on racial or xenophobic issues was it ? Wasn't it concerned with infrastructure issues and planning for population growth ?

(NZ is only 3% the size of Australia and its population density is more than 6 times higher)

Didn't she also advocate increasing NZ's intake of refugees ?
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2019 at 9:05pm
I reckon the egg kid is awesome. Or a dick.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 11:33pm
Originally posted by Tontonan Tontonan wrote:

But her reasoning for lower immigration growth was not based on racial or xenophobic issues was it ? Wasn't it concerned with infrastructure issues and planning for population growth ?

(NZ is only 3% the size of Australia and its population density is more than 6 times higher)

Didn't she also advocate increasing NZ's intake of refugees ?

Which is exactly the same reason every reasonable Australian with Conservative views wishes to lower or control immigration numbers - everyone understands that, although comparing Australia's size with NZ is a little bit of desperate deception - how much of NZ is uninhabitable desert?

It's actually the ALP who wants to import more "ALP voters" and dump them in "safe welfare dependent" suburban seats without any thought for infrastructure needs.

The only people who are suggesting anything else are the unhinged, lying, divisive, hateful, UnAustralian Dr Di Natale and his zealot partners and supporters within the Labor/Greens Collusion. We saw where they are going politically with the Greens enjoying a 20% drop in their NSW vote. This was a direct result of that prick sticking his head out from the safety of the ABC/SBS shadows last week, and blurting out his "hate speech" and saying what they really think without the nodding head journalism - that anyone who is NOT of the deranged left, is clearly responsible for ALL terrorism ...  disgusting, divisive, bigoted, dangerous fcuked up people, these Greens, and anyone who would collude with them. Give them more air time in the media I say - the more they speak, the less relevant they become.Dead

As for New Zealand. it's about bloody time that they became modern World Citizens - their Gun Laws were archaic ... it was only a matter of time before they had an incident of this magnitude ... should Arden really be congratulated for shutting the gate after the horse has bolted?

... and their "Virtue Signalling" about asylum seekers needs to be backed up with action too - their record is pathetic!Ouch
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
JudgeHolden View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2019 at 7:58am
Conservative governments have contributed to, and benefitted from, high immigration levels as much as anyone. Take off the blinkers.

https://www.afr.com/news/economy/the-liberals-immigration-plan-is-working-all-too-well-20180416-h0ytp6
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2019 at 8:36am
Both major parties in Australia are on a unity ticket on their big immigration rapid population growth policies.

Morrison's so-called cut in immigration numbers is bullsh1t. The numbers are not going down.

Simon Cameron

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456