Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Breeding - Public Forums > Breeding Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Adelaide MM 2019

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Adelaide MM 2019
    Posted: 13 Mar 2019 at 4:47pm
Apart from a minority of lots an absolute disaster for most vendors.

Some mob called Myola Holdings (couldn't find them in a company search) has so far bought 21 yearlings at prices between $3k and $7k.  You do winder who'd be bottom feeding the market like this.  Maybe they're buying on behalf of the Alice Springs Racing Club or Chinese interests but it does raise the eyebrows.  
Glencoe View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glencoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2019 at 9:26pm
A lot of the yearlings were disasters. So anything reasonable attracted good bidding competition
I identified 9 lots for a work syndicate looking at the $50k range. All of them went for absolute overs (and I left out the obvious top sellers) . They were quite despondent last night as all 9 bought $80k plus ( generally double expectations)
 Eventually got a Real Impact colt today for $50k. The had to outlast Paul Preusker for it (lot 436)

My wife & I found for 35+ years that if you turned up with a good type in Adelaide you got overs. Pedigree was secondary
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2019 at 9:01am
Make that Kyola Holdings who ended up buying a total of 39 lots between $3 and $8k.

An I Am Invincible went for $65k (thought it looked camped under) and a Brazen Beau went for just $10k (the other brought $190k for Grenville in Tassie who had a great sale).

The pass-in rate was up 6% and the aggregate, average and median were all down considerably despite increased Asian interest. 

Thank goodness for Akeed Mofeed.
 Post Reply Post Reply