Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

NRL 2019 Season

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 30>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 10:13pm
Originally posted by Carioca Carioca wrote:

I'm flicking between the game and movie on sbs, but I thought it was deemed a knock on by cordener .

You are correct Carioca, but what I am saying is Burgess raked it out and a roosters player picked it up so is that a knock on, as it is in general play?
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
Heavy10 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 10:25pm
Originally posted by VOYAGER VOYAGER wrote:

Not long to wait for the first video ref blunder of the season.

I am 100%, hands down guaranteeing you, that there is now ay the Sharks try was a penalty try.

Katoa was running straight and the ball skidded on and took a huge right turn into the path of Dugan.

Karma fixed the error few mins later
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 11:23pm
The other thing, to Heavy, is I thought all professional fouls were sin bin offences. What was Lee doing on the field to take the intercept?
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
Heavy10 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2019 at 8:26am

The other thing, to Heavy, is I thought all professional fouls were sin bin offences. What was Lee doing on the field to take the intercept?

Apparently if it was a no try he would of been  binned..
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2019 at 8:47am

Originally posted by Carioca Carioca wrote:

I'm flicking between the game and movie on sbs, but I thought it was deemed a knock on by cordener .

You are correct Carioca, but what I am saying is Burgess raked it out and a roosters player picked it up so is that a knock on, as it is in general play?

I think you need to watch the replay again mate. Cordner lost control of the ball before the try line.
Not to mention the pass from Keary to Cordner was forward as well.
No try was the correct ruling
TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2019 at 8:53am
Rorters were woeful but they always start slow
EAD
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2019 at 10:37am
I'm happy for Wayno , I reckon he told GI to do as least as pos. and if you feel comfortable get involved but Don't over do it , he will cuddle him as long as he can until somebody steps up to the plate ,
TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2019 at 10:43am
GI has put on a good 15kgs but if it makes him happy, go for it
EAD
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2019 at 11:17am
It's all that driving he does Tiger.
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2019 at 11:36am
Who does Easts have to fill the role of Big Papi? I know they've got Morris for Ferguson and that is a definite downgrade.
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2019 at 11:40am
While I thought the Cordner thing was no try I have seen worse so called ''torso tries'' awarded before.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2019 at 11:44am
Did the ref call it a no-try or was it overturned by the video ref?

Simon Cameron

TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2019 at 12:40pm
Terrible conditions for round 1, will be a slog fest at Penrith today
EAD
Heavy10 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2019 at 8:10pm
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

Who does Easts have to fill the role of Big Papi? I know they've got Morris for Ferguson and that is a definite downgrade.

Hall will be better replacement for fergo once he's fit... Big body.

Never rated Napa
TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2019 at 8:21pm
Crazy round 1 I must say

Weather conditions didn't help
EAD
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2019 at 9:26am
These footy players get so used to groupie chicks that it must be difficult to respect normal women- they ain't that smart.

Simon Cameron

ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2019 at 9:42am
Originally posted by ExceedAndExcel ExceedAndExcel wrote:

PointsBet NRL promo for rounds 1-6 is up by 4+ at half time you win. Thursday & Friday games first $250 bet.
Suspect this can be easily beaten. Will advise when I finalise my strategy.

And now I notice SportsBet have a promo up by 6+ at half time and you win.

I think we all know how this one is going down!

Currently compiling the stats on this play and it’s fair to say it’s going to be goooood!

Up to the end of rd12 last year (96 matches) a team has led by 6 or more at HT and gone on to lose on 12 occasions. Lead by 4+ and lose was 14 occasions.

Full season stats for 2018:

201 games
Lead by 4+ @HT & lose = 32 times (15.9% of games)
Lead by 6+ @HT & lose = 24 times (11.9% of games)

While both PointsBet & SportsBet are running these promos suggest backing one team with one book and the other with another book to return the same amount. You’ll be risking around $10 per game. When it hits you will make anywhere from around 18-1 to 25-1 on your money.

You’re welcome.

Going to focus mainly on playing the higher scoring games with this one. We also have the same promo with BetEasy now (lead by 6+) so adds some additional flexibility.

Kicking this off tonight:

Storm $127@1.73 with PointsBet
Broncos $100@2.2 with BetEasy

No good last night. Looked a possibility briefly in the 2nd half but not to be.
Will play both matches tonight as well. Haven’t got in yet but same sort of numbers.

No success rd1. Ended up playing all games for various stakes between $100 & $200. Thurs/Fri games we backing both teams with the same promo with different books while the rest I wasn’t able to do that so backed one side with a lead by 6+ at HT promo and the other teams with bet 365s lead by 14 at any time promo.

A few close calls where a result was possible but in the end -$76.32 for the round. Will continue next week.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2019 at 11:21am

PointsBet NRL promo for rounds 1-6 is up by 4+ at half time you win. Thursday & Friday games first $250 bet.

Currently compiling the stats on this play and it’s fair to say it’s going to be goooood!

Up to the end of rd12 last year (96 matches) a team has led by 6 or more at HT and gone on to lose on 12 occasions. Lead by 4+ and lose was 14 occasions.

201 games

While both PointsBet & SportsBet are running these promos suggest backing one team with one book and the other with another book to return the same amount. You’ll be risking around $10 per game. When it hits you will make anywhere from around 18-1 to 25-1 on your money.

You’re welcome.

Going to focus mainly on playing the higher scoring games with this one. We also have the same promo with BetEasy now (lead by 6+) so adds some additional flexibility.

Will play both matches tonight as well. Haven’t got in yet but same sort of numbers.

No success rd1. Ended up playing all games for various stakes between $100 & $200. Thurs/Fri games we backing both teams with the same promo with different books while the rest I wasn’t able to do that so backed one side with a lead by 6+ at HT promo and the other teams with bet 365s lead by 14 at any time promo.

A few close calls where a result was possible but in the end -$76.32 for the round. Will continue next week.

Most likely will stick to the Thurs & Fri games this week as those are the ones I am able to back both teams in the same promo currently. Currently only working with 1 Sportsbet account so harder to do for the other games.

All three games look capable of producing a result so hopefully we have some luck. Again risking around $9-$11 per $100 bet on the dog. Will return between 21 & 23 times the money at risk.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2019 at 6:41pm
Can't tip the bunnies as they are odds on, however their form at this ground suggest they could be a lay, against that the dragons pack has been depleted with the loss of friz. and de belin, I'll watch hoping GI pulls up safe and a win for Wayno .
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2019 at 9:43pm

201 games

You’re welcome.

Most likely will stick to the Thurs & Fri games this week as those are the ones I am able to back both teams in the same promo currently. Currently only working with 1 Sportsbet account so harder to do for the other games.

All three games look capable of producing a result so hopefully we have some luck. Again risking around $9-$11 per $100 bet on the dog. Will return between 21 & 23 times the money at risk.

First result of the season courtesy of a Rabbits 2nd half carve up of the Dragons. +234 on this game.
TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2019 at 10:46pm
Souths woeful first half, Clint Eastwood would have got a rocket up them at half time
EAD
Heavy10 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2019 at 10:53pm
Has McGregor got any clue? Move Widdop...Dufty more time...Zac Lomax in... They got too many play makers. Hunt 1.2 mill a season 😂
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2019 at 5:52pm
Will be tough for my two picks tonite but I am going to "will" them to win lol, Storm and the Cowboys.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2019 at 2:36am
Great to see the Football back this week - two great games already - Geelong look like the real deal with the injection of pace!

In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Heavy10 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2019 at 9:48am
Cowboys were poor last night.. That form around Dragons is terrible, cowboys flattered week one.

Hope nobody took the $1.30 Roosters, Cronk and Friend both out...
TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2019 at 11:09am
St George take on Brisbane next week, good luck with that 1
EAD
Heavy10 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2019 at 12:50pm
Originally posted by TIGER TIGER wrote:

St George take on Brisbane next week, good luck with that 1

You would think broncos are morals... Like they were in semi final against Dragons 😂
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2019 at 4:24pm
Dragons went better than the scoreboard showed
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2019 at 9:25am

201 games

You’re welcome.

First result of the season courtesy of a Rabbits 2nd half carve up of the Dragons. +234 on this game.

Played a few other games as well with no result. Total for the round was +163. Overall sitting at +88.
TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 7:40am
Hope the weather clears so we have a good round of footy
EAD
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 30>