Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Jumbo Ozaki

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Jumbo Ozaki
    Posted: 05 Feb 2022 at 5:17pm
I wish them the best mate .
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2022 at 5:15pm
Not the same horse but will keep an eye on him anyway Wink
Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2022 at 5:12pm
I'm sure he has joint problems Shawy , needs a bit of give in the ground to produce but imo reached his limit .
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2022 at 5:07pm
Changed stables again now with the Yargi’s.
Just kicked off his campaign at Caulfield. Was OK
Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2020 at 8:47am
Kicks off for Danny O’Brien in Race 8 at Sandown today

skippy123 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skippy123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2019 at 10:12am
Ps where did Smerdon come into it? (Insert eye roll emoji)
The horse had zero to do with Smerdon
skippy123 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skippy123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2019 at 1:57am
I can’t find the article but after his first race it said he was a home bred horse by the Hopes and the ownership group owned the dam- hence none were interested in selling for any price... the stable changes to Weir (at VCAT it was found they supplemented income pretraining for Weir (as did a lot of country trainers at that time)... and he was there for a few weeks (eye roll)- if they’d not being outed on vitamin b12 positives he’d still be with Hopes- I believe Carol Shinn fought at VCAT to retain her share in him?? Yet Smerdons missus can still own Nature Strip... lucky for some...
Sam Kavanagh is quoted in that article- not Danny or Mark....and if you believe in verbal anecdote over scientific evidence, good luck to you
Mr Grieves View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Grieves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2019 at 11:27pm
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Grieves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2019 at 11:26pm
And Smerdon.....quite an honour roll.
I believe Stokes was the one that Danny O tried to throw under the bus, (without specifically naming him) mentioning how some SA trainers were having a big success in the melb spring, when the cobalt charges first arose? Will try and find the quote.
Venus View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Venus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2019 at 8:46pm
Smerdon, Hopes, Weir, Stokes and now Danny O’Brien I believe.
skippy123 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skippy123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2019 at 6:20pm
Originally posted by Mr Grieves Mr Grieves wrote:

The Hopes then Weir.....poor horse

And what was wrong with the Hopes pray tell?? The bull**** cobalt charges? If I could roll my eyes here I would
skippy123 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skippy123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2019 at 6:18pm
Originally posted by TJMitchell TJMitchell wrote:

Maybe he told them to knock back the honkers money and they got annoyed he wasn't winning

Ummmm no
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2019 at 6:11pm
Weir only had him two weeks
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Grieves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2019 at 6:03pm
The Hopes then Weir.....poor horse
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2019 at 5:35pm
LOL
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2019 at 5:32pm
That's a real possibility TJ.

And as we all know owners are entitled to place their horses wherever they like.  Even if they appear on face value to be thankless w@nkers.Wink
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2019 at 5:27pm
Maybe he told them to knock back the honkers money and they got annoyed he wasn't winning
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2019 at 5:07pm
Fourth trainer now.  What did Stokes do wrong?
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2019 at 4:34pm
Melbourne's in-form trainer Danny O'Brien has strengthened his stable with talented sprinter-miler Jumbo Ozaki now in his care.

The sizable son of Unencumbered registered two wins and four placings from six starts for Phillip Stokes, ridden by John Allen on each occasion.

Jumbo Ozaki was originally stabled with Lee and Shannon Hope and then Darren Weir but didn't race for either trainer.

He burst onto the scene midway through his three-year-old season for Stokes, winning by seven lengths on debut over 1200 metres at Pakenham on February 21. A loyal following was secured after his second win at Bendigo over 1300m a fortnight later.

Jumbo Ozaki was a beaten favourite at his next four starts, three times at odds on, most memorably at Flemington on March 16 when a luckless third behind Outrageous over 1400m

The gelding hasn't raced since finishing third at Mornington on AFL Grand Final Day (September 28) in a Benchmark 70 handicap (1500m). He settled midfield and peeled wide over the final 500m but didn't appear to handle the tight-turning Mornington track when beaten by half a length by Strategic Phil.

Jumbo Ozaki is listed as being stabled at O'Brien's Barwon Heads facility on the Bellarine Peninsula, near Geelong.
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2019 at 2:04pm
Stokes said pre race, off for a spell win or lose today
Karl and Susan Kennedy are my heroes
Straight arrow View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Straight arrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2019 at 2:00pm
Should of taken the money! But they have a nice horse. Prob still good offers around
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2019 at 1:39pm
Looked pretty then got ugly lol, reminded me of the old song " don't fence me in", hindsights a wonderful thing if he lets him stride at the leaders girth he wins, that's racing.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2019 at 1:36pm
Easy after the event but he should've stuck to the winners butt.
reductio ad absurdum
Red Rancher View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Rancher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2019 at 1:31pm
Yep a certainty beaten. I feel sorry for those that unloaded on him.
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2019 at 1:23pm
Should’ve won
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 12:19pm
Originally posted by Xavier Xavier wrote:

Goes around again tomorrow.
Race 2 at Flemington

They ain't gunna die wondering Xavier, big test but he's exiting imo, great actioned horse with a beautiful breeding page ( especially on dam side) looking forward.
p.s. thanks Gay3 for lopping those words off.
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 10:55am
Goes around again tomorrow.
Race 2 at Flemington
Straight arrow View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Straight arrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2019 at 7:54pm
Yes. Jump in the line!!
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2019 at 7:02pm
7 figures at least you’d think
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2019 at 7:00pm
Originally posted by Straight arrow Straight arrow wrote:

Has to win to be sold to hk

I'll take him thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>