Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Land of Plenty

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Land of Plenty
    Posted: 15 Feb 2019 at 7:00pm
Land Of Plenty has moved stables yet again with him being taken off the Maher Eustace team and joining Peter and Paul Snowden. The horse is now onto his 5th trainer.
Karl and Susan Kennedy are my heroes
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2019 at 7:05pm
6th trainer apparently.

As many trainers as wins.

LAND OF PLENTY (AUS)Bay or brown colt 2013 
Stratum
Bay 2002
Redoute's Choice
Bay 1996
Danehill
Bay 1986
Danzig
Bay 1977
Northern Dancer
Pas de Nom
2-d
7-a
Razyana
Bay 1981
His Majesty
Spring Adieu
4-d
2-d
Shantha's Choice
Bay 1992
Canny Lad
Brown 1987
Bletchingly
Jesmond Lass
7-a
14>
Dancing Show
Bay 1983
Nijinsky
Show Lady
8-f
8-f
Bourgeois
Chestnut 1991
Luskin Star
Chestnut 1974
Kaoru Star
Chestnut 1965
Star Kingdom
Kaoru
1-g
31>
Promising
Chestnut 1968
Idomeneo
Modern Touch
2-i
2-e
Brave New World
Chestnut 1980
Vain
Chestnut 1966
Wilkes
Elated
13-c
A10
Undaunted
Bay or brown 1972
Le Cordonnier
Broadlea
2-n
4-n
Dancing
Chestnut 1999
Spectrum
Bay 1992
Rainbow Quest
Bay 1981
Blushing Groom
Chestnut 1974
Red God
Runaway Bride
8-c
22-d
I Will Follow
Bay 1975
Herbager
Where You Lead
16-c
14-f
River Dancer
Bay 1983
Irish River
Chestnut 1976
Riverman
Irish Star
10-a
1-w
Dancing Shadow
Bay 1977
Dancer's Image
Sunny Valley
4-r
1-l
Torrid Tango
Bay 1986
Green Dancer
Bay 1972
Nijinsky
Bay 1967
Northern Dancer
Flaming Page
2-d
8-f
Green Valley
Bay or brown 1967
Val de Loir
Sly Pola
5-h
16-c
Guinevere's Folly
Bay 1976
Round Table
Bay 1954
Princequillo
Knight's Daughter
1-b
2-f
Lodge
Bay or brown 1969
Bold Lad
Little Hut
5-f
4-r
 Ancestor duplications:Northern Dancer5m x 5m Nijinsky5f x 4m
reductio ad absurdum
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2019 at 7:07pm
Some owners don't deserve a decent horse.
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2019 at 7:07pm
Owners are very hard to please it seems, same owners since Day 1

From racing.com

Group 1 star Land Of Plenty has had as many trainers as he's had race wins after being transferred to the stables of Peter and Paul Snowden.

Remarkably, the Snowdens' stable is the sixth to take on the five-year-old, who has only had the 27 starts for six wins and earnings of just over $1 million.

The Toorak Handicap galloper was one of hundreds of horses forced to leave the Darren Weir stables after he was disqualified, but he had just the one start - when runner-up in last Saturday's Group 1 C.F. Orr Stakes - for trainers Ciaron Maher and Dave Eustace.

The son of Stratum began his career with Shane Nichols at Mornington, who prepared him for one trial start before he wound up at Caulfield with Mick Price.

He had five starts for Price before returning south this time to Grahame Begg's Mr Eliza stable, where he had a further 10 starts.

He was then sent to Weir to prepare in late 2017. In 10 starts for the now banned trainer, he won five races before he went to Maher's Caulfield yard, where he stayed just a short time before moving onto the Snowdens.
JudgeHolden View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2019 at 7:15pm
The only run for the new stable was an absolute cracker. What on Earth???Confused
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2019 at 7:25pm
Originally posted by JudgeHolden JudgeHolden wrote:

The only run for the new stable was an absolute cracker. What on Earth???Confused

I would imagine that was purely transitional. Very little time to think and they followed the crowd.

Be interesting to know if Begg has picked any up.

reductio ad absurdum
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2019 at 7:30pm
Apparently owners didn’t see eye to eye with Maher and horse was picked up this arvo.

Racing.com had a list up the other day.
He got 2 from Weir
Vanuatu and Romancer

See the list here

https://cdn.racing.com/-/media/racing/files/weir-horses
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2019 at 7:32pm
Very little time to think is when a ball on a good length moves off the seam or keeps a fraction low.

I'd imagine there's a lot of "courting" going on for these good Weir horses. A certain large trainer is renowned for it- and he got a few of the best.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2019 at 7:33pm
F*ckwit owners. Just imo.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2019 at 7:36pm

Very little time to think is when a ball on a good length moves off the seam or keeps a fraction low.

I'd imagine there's a lot of "courting" going on for these good Weir horses. A certain large trainer is renowned for it- and he got a few of the best.

Am surprised the biggest pincher in recent history hasn't cracked a mention.  Must have enough (500 odd) horses on the books.

Youerower da boat I'll catcha da fish.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2019 at 7:40pm
I reckon some of these trainers must must have a decent line of bullsh!t they sell to owners. Can only imagine what Waller's spinning to the owner of Nature Strip right now...
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2019 at 7:42pm
Free training fees perhaps?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2019 at 7:45pm
Exactly.

Though there's usually a sting in the trainer percentage column.
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2019 at 7:45pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

F*ckwit owners. Just imo.

What’s the problem with a change of mind re Maher? Doesn’t seem a big deal
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2019 at 7:48pm
Shrunk it's more a question of six different trainers, only one move of which was obligatory.
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2019 at 7:52pm
Fair enough, I don’t know why the moves from Nicholls to Price to Begg occurred but it certainly appears to be too many given the next jump to Weir
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2019 at 7:56pm
I have a feeling that the owners have changed their mind, due to Maher taking over the stables where the animal cruelty was taking place.

Any person who thinks it was just Dazza and Jigger Jarod doing something to the horses, is way off base.

It was okay when Maher had his own stables, but the owners do not trust the workers who were either complicate in the events taking place, or turned a blind eye and said nothing.

I will not be surprised to see other horses that Maher received, now be trabsferred right away from Ballarat and his stables.
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2019 at 7:58pm
Originally posted by VOYAGER VOYAGER wrote:

I have a feeling that the owners have changed their mind, due to Maher taking over the stables where the animal cruelty was taking place.

Any person who thinks it was just Dazza and Jigger Jarod doing something to the horses, is way off base.

It was okay when Maher had his own stables, but the owners do not trust the workers who were either complicate in the events taking place, or turned a blind eye and said nothing.

I will not be surprised to see other horses that Maher received, now be trabsferred right away from Ballarat and his stables.

That’s rubbish. This horse has been at Caulfield and Merricks since leaving weir’s. None of Weirs staff work there...
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2019 at 8:01pm
Which was my understanding also Xavier.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2019 at 8:02pm
Training fees? Horse has won over a mill, right at his peak poised to make a lot more. What could the difference be, a few grand?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2019 at 8:09pm
The practice of offering free training has generally more to do with poaching up and comers from battlers rather than from established talent or Weir defections Judge.
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2019 at 8:13pm
What I am saying is that there is a chance the horse can be transferred to the ballarat complex.

If it is bulls$#t then why are the police investigating the trackwork riders and stable staff to see who actually placed the devices on the horses.

I know that if I owned a horse and there was a chance that it would be transferred to a stable where there may be some unethical activities going on, then I would be out of there as well.

But that is just me, not sure about what anyone else would do!
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2019 at 8:23pm
That was a reply to Xavier, SC. Impossible for me to think it was training fees.
brave_ponies View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brave_ponies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2019 at 8:26pm
*gasp* Sacrilege for anyone to suggest Snowden is a poacher! Not his style. He just doesn't need to.
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2019 at 8:40pm

That was a reply to Xavier, SC. Impossible for me to think it was training fees.

I don’t think that would be the case here, but it does happen
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2019 at 8:47pm
Originally posted by brave_ponies brave_ponies wrote:

*gasp* Sacrilege for anyone to suggest Snowden is a poacher! Not his style. He just doesn't need to.

Well, he didn't need to. Back in the old Godolphin days. But he hasn't exactly been setting the world on fire lately. And besides Redzel, how many top class open age gallopers have these guys had...like ever? And how many at a mile or beyond? Serous questions- I'm struggling to come up with them.

I have no idea if they "poached" LoP. But it wouldn't surprise me.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brave_ponies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2019 at 8:48pm
Question:
Does this help LOP's chances of getting a wild card in the All Star? He was out of Top 10 last time I looked.
I'm yet to vote ...
rusty nails View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2019 at 8:55pm
Originally posted by VOYAGER VOYAGER wrote:

Given the jiggers were found in a safe in his bedroom.

I’d suggest,it wasn’t quite the “open season” that you depict.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brave_ponies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2019 at 8:55pm
Judge, I don't know for sure but my guess is Snowdens' stable is permanently full (regardless of current success or lack of) and they'd be pretty choosy. You wouldn't say no to this horse though!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2019 at 8:58pm
Originally posted by brave_ponies brave_ponies wrote:

Judge, I don't know for sure but my guess is Snowdens' stable is permanently full (regardless of current success or lack of) and they'd be pretty choosy. You wouldn't say no to this horse though!

Well, he's better than any horse in their stable, possibly bar one, so...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>