Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Labor's Dud Banking Royal Commission

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2019 at 5:38pm
Mortgage Choice Limited
ASX: MOC
0.78 AUD 0.00 (0.00%)
6 Feb, 4:10 pm AEDT · Disclaimer
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2019 at 5:41pm
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

Originally posted by Dr E Dr E wrote:

LABOR's Banking Royal Commission has been a financial windfall for the Big 4 Banks!!!Pig

The recommendations have seen their share values increase $22 Billion!Censored

That'll teach 'em for upsetting Bill Shorten!!!LOL

... but, but, but ... BANKS ARE BAD!Embarrassed

Big four banks’ shares climb despite Hayne royal commission report

ANZ, Commonwealth Bank, Westpac and NAB shares rise as investors seem relieved measures were not harsher

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2019/feb/05/big-four-banks-shares-climb-despite-hayne-royal-commission-report

What is your point? Do you think Labor's reason for wanting a banking royal commission was to get bank shares to fall in price?Wacko

That would be stupid, but if they were so culpable, and guilty of the heinous crimes that Labor insisted, they certainly shouldn't be rewarded, should they?Confused

Maybe Labor was just wrong to try to politicise THEIR Royal Commission, since there wasn't actually that much to see after the Media over hyped it?

It has all blown up in their face, given them zero political capital, and in fact handed Joshy a free kick, as he will now and forever be known as the "Bank Fixer" ... Embarrassed

In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
rusty nails View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2019 at 5:54pm
You surely understand the terms of reference were cynically set out by the government to minimise any damage to their banking mates?

But still, even with restrictive terms of reference, they were still able to nail those parasitic mortgage brokers
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2019 at 5:57pm
Originally posted by Whale Whale wrote:

Mortgage Choice Limited
ASX: MOC
0.78 AUD 0.00 (0.00%)
6 Feb, 4:10 pm AEDT · Disclaimer

Mortgage Choice is essentially a franchise operation.  The stock market collapse began way before Haynes' report was handed down, and followed multiple claims by franchisees that they were being price gouged by the franchiser.

Needless to say MC shares have gone further South over the last week.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2019 at 6:04pm
Originally posted by rusty nails rusty nails wrote:

You surely understand the terms of reference were cynically set out by the government to minimise any damage to their banking mates?

But still, even with restrictive terms of reference, they were still able to nail those parasitic mortgage brokers

And needless to say the $22bill figure quoted above appears entirely a figment of someone's imagination.  

Unless of course the figure can be authoritatively proven, including earlier short selling.  Tick...tick...

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2019 at 6:17pm
ps at the risk of appearing enigmatic, earlier ss should form part of any (very unlikely believable) response.  Wink
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2019 at 6:51pm
Sorry but silly me, Happy Hour in that Western Suburbs RSL doesn't end for 15 minutes, so allowing for a cab home followed by the usual flakeit's unreasonable to expect a response for some time.

But expect some purple prosed patheticism around midnight or thereabouts.  Even if no-one whatsoever, including those who might otherwise do so, appear to agree with him on this issue.  Wink  

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2019 at 7:21pm
I’m tipping he’s the sports club type.
Despite being a Condell Park high boy, I’m tipping he gets intimidated by the trotting club types
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2019 at 7:55pm
I think you guys scared him away Disapprove
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2019 at 10:24pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

And needless to say the $22bill figure quoted above appears entirely a figment of someone's imagination.  

Unless of course the figure can be authoritatively proven, including earlier short selling.  Tick...tick...

I'm going to have to invoice you! ... do your own googling you lazy fool, and see if you can prove me wrong and dazzle me with your knowledge.Big smile 

Don't worry about the tick, tick, ... by Christmas would be an achievement for you!Embarrassed
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2019 at 10:32pm

I’m tipping he’s the sports club type.
Despite being a Condell Park high boy, I’m tipping he gets intimidated by the trotting club types

That's spooky rusty!Shocked 

... I did in fact cut something of a dashing figure under the mirror ball at the Bankstown Sports Club Disco in the day! ... do I know you? ... did I cut your grass one night?Wink ... can't get in there these days, my Passport has lapsed!!!Ouch
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2019 at 11:01pm
haha, I’ve been listening to mortgage brokers ring up talk back all day, posing as satisfied customers.

Amusingly, all these “satisfied customers “ who feel strongly enough to call in to voice their support of the mortgage brokerage industry, all categorically state they would never pay a fee.....

If, even your supporters wouldn’t pay you a fee for your service, it’s probably time to get a real job
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2019 at 12:17am
hmmm, I must have cut your grass, sorry about that, The Bee Gees have a lot to answer for!! Embarrassed

So you actually listen to talkback radio? ... I would have thought Head Teller would hold more responsibility! ... personally, my transistor radio is stuck on 2KY ... but I must agree with you that anyone who says something that is at odds with your feeble grasp on reality would "obviously" be lying or just wrong ...Wacko

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2019 at 10:11am
Haha, you're back to bragging about being the ladies man again.
That really is sad.

It makes sense now, that you have a need to denigrate people to boost your ego.

A successful businessman?
Nah,just some nobody who knew so little, he felt the need to buy a franchise rather than back himself, who works from the back of his house in his undies with his Mrs.
Employees?........
Hahaha

#sad
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2019 at 10:16am

Haha, you're back to bragging about being the ladies man again.
That really is sad.

It makes sense now, that you have a need to denigrate people to boost your ego.

A successful businessman?
Nah,just some nobody who knew so little, he felt the need to buy a franchise rather than back himself, who works from the back of his house in his undies with his Mrs.
Employees?........
Hahaha

#sad

Did he buy a franchise, what sort ?

A bit confusing, he calls himself an entrepreneur, he must have a different definition of the word Confused
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2019 at 10:18am
Dunkin' Donuts?
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2019 at 11:00am
Dunkin' Donuts. Dunkin' Donuts minimum initial cash required is $250,000 with anet worth at least $500,000. Dunkin' Donuts offers qualified Veterans who purchase a Store Development Agreement for five or fewer stores a 20% discount on the Initial Franchise Fee
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2019 at 12:13pm
Bankstown's best

Related image
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2019 at 1:15pm
Might explain why doc doesn't like some of his fellow locals, they go to a different kebab place.
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2019 at 1:22pm
I don't like lamb, seems fatty with an unpleasant taste, does Doc make chicken kebabs ?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2019 at 1:34pm
Chicka, lemb or biiff.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2019 at 7:20pm
Originally posted by Dr E Dr E wrote:

LABOR's Banking Royal Commission has been a financial windfall for the Big 4 Banks!!!Pig

The recommendations have seen their share values increase $22 Billion!Censored

That'll teach 'em for upsetting Bill Shorten!!!LOL

... but, but, but ... BANKS ARE BAD!Embarrassed

<h1 ="__line " itemprop="line" style="margin-right: 0px; margin-left: 0px; font-size: 2.125rem; line-height: 2.375rem; font-family: "Guardian Egyptian Web", Georgia, serif; font-weight: 400; padding: 0.1875rem 0px 2.25rem; color: rgb18, 18, 18; font-variant-ligatures: common-ligatures;">Big four banks’ shares climb despite Hayne royal commission report</h1>
<span style="color: rgb18, 18, 18; font-family: "Guardian Text Egyptian Web", Georgia, serif; font-size: 18.0625px; font-variant-ligatures: common-ligatures; font-weight: 700;">ANZ, Commonwealth Bank, Westpac and NAB shares rise as investors seem relieved measures were not harsher</span>
<span style="color: rgb18, 18, 18; font-family: "Guardian Text Egyptian Web", Georgia, serif; font-size: 18.0625px; font-variant-ligatures: common-ligatures; font-weight: 700;">
</span>
[COLOR=#121212" face="Guardian Text Egyptian Web, Georgia, serif]<span style="font-size: 18.0625px; font-variant-ligatures: common-ligatures;]https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2019/feb/05/big-four-banks-shares-climb-despite-hayne-royal-commission-report</span>[/COLOR]

Hmm
No comment on the NAB chair & CEO?

Don’t think that’s a culture changer?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2019 at 7:29pm
Quite apart from the fact that the $22 billion quoted by the Dunkin' Donuts felafel franchisee is absolute and unsubstantiated rubbish.  As is indeed usual.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2019 at 7:38pm
Jeez, I thought we’ve already established beyond doubt, that he just doesn’t understand numbers.

Looks like someone’s taken his crayons for the day
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2019 at 10:45pm

Jeez, I thought we’ve already established beyond doubt, that he just doesn’t understand numbers.

Been busy signing another deal to sell $200 worth of subs.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2019 at 11:50pm
nah, if he had, he would have been on here bragging about it......
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2019 at 6:14am
Maybe a bigger Thursday night than usual at the sports club? Unusual he didn't paint the place pink last night, even when suspended he was visiting daily.
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2019 at 9:45am

permanently I would say Smile
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2019 at 11:03am
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Chicka, lemb or biiff.

Combination kebab with lettuce & tomato only. BBQ sauce. Can’t beat it!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2019 at 11:32am
I am a falafel, humus and hot chili guy. Heart
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>