Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Breeding - Public Forums > Breeding Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Harness Racing Breeders

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Harness Racing Breeders
    Posted: 03 Feb 2019 at 8:10pm
Anyone here a Harness Racing Breeder? I’ve Been looking at the APG sales. They certainly have a different style of catalogue. Very hard to read.
rusty nails View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2019 at 8:43pm
Originally posted by Shrunk in the Wash Shrunk in the Wash wrote:

Anyone here a Harness Racing Breeder? I’ve Been looking at the APG sales. They certainly have a different style of catalogue. Very hard to read.

In what way are they difficult ?
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2019 at 8:55am
Rusty,
I suspect it’s probably my age, dodgy eyesight and dyslexic tendencies. A touch of ignorance thrown in as well

In saying that I find it very cluttered with detail re times at various ages and the over use of bold type does my head in
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2019 at 12:13pm
That’s an interesting perspective.

I grew up in the game, so the pedigree page is second nature to me,and and appears to my eye, identical to thoroughbred pedigrees.

But know that you raise it, I can see where you’re coming from
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2019 at 8:09am
Rusty
What are your thoughts on the importance of times that proliferate the pedigree pages. Do you put much stock in it given the variety of and the newer design of tracks like Menangle?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2019 at 9:57am
Good point.

I'm no longer involved, but if I was, you are correct,times don't have the meaning they once did
IMHO
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2019 at 8:52am
Rusty, can I get your thoughts on this lot that sold in Melbourne. Looks like a lovely mover and I was a big fan of Guaranteed

http://www.apgold.com.au/yearling-sales/2019-online-guides/melbourne-online-guide/
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2019 at 10:31am
Which lot no?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2019 at 1:04pm
Sorry mate, thought the link would put in the lot #

Art Major out of Mint Julep. Lot 69 sold for 42k. I might approach them for a 10 or 20% share
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2019 at 1:34pm
Looks like good buying to me.
Good luck with it!
 Post Reply Post Reply