Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

GOOD TV SHOWS & VIEWING

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waggamick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: GOOD TV SHOWS & VIEWING
    Posted: 03 Feb 2019 at 6:19pm
Though I'd start  a thread looking at good series and movies on Netflix, SBS On Demand and ABC Iview (I don't have STAN........yet!)

Currently watching excellent Netflix doco...INSIDE THE MOSSAD.

Let us know about any good (and bad) shows you've watched or are watching.
I'll list a few I've seen recently a little later on.

Edited by Gay3 - 08 Jan 2023 at 10:56am
The Dude Abides
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2019 at 6:22pm
If you have seen Breaking Bad then watch Better Call Saul
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2019 at 6:24pm
The Americans
Baguette View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baguette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2019 at 6:30pm
Root Cause on Netflix. About problems with Root Canal procedures.
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2019 at 6:33pm
Originally posted by Baguette Baguette wrote:

Root Cause on Netflix. About problems with Root Canal procedures.

sounds boring LOL
JudgeHolden View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2019 at 6:48pm
The Good Place- unique concept, well executed. You need to stick with it a bit. Ted Danson is terrific.
Baguette View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baguette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2019 at 6:48pm
Haha! I agree and I don’t really know why I put it on but gee the statistics they quote are pretty mind blowing. 97% of women diagnosed with breast cancer have had root canal surgery on the same side as the cancer? I’d never heard of any problems at all!
waggamick View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waggamick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2019 at 8:05pm
Watched 3 episodes of INSIDE THE MOSSAD so far and it's fascinating.
I'm a fan of espionage shows and a lot of the stuff they talk about you pick up from books and movies BUT the people this guy is interviewing are former heads of Mossad, Recruiters, Field Agents, etc..and some of their stories are harrowing.
As one former head said as he stood up from the chair.."I've told you way more than I intended!"
The Dude Abides
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2019 at 9:00am
Originally posted by waggamick waggamick wrote:

I'm a fan of espionage shows and a lot of the stuff they talk about you pick up from books and movies BUT the people this guy is interviewing are former heads of Mossad, Recruiters, Field Agents, etc..and some of their stories are harrowing.
As one former head said as he stood up from the chair.."I've told you way more than I intended!"

There is a fictional BBC series based on a le Carré novel- The Little Drummer Girl- on a similar theme. I've watched 3 episodes of the 6 part series. Not really grabbing me but it's been well-reviewed.

An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

waggamick View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waggamick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2019 at 9:35am
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

[QUOTE=waggamick]Watched 3 episodes of INSIDE THE MOSSAD so far and it's fascinating.

There is a fictional BBC series based on a le Carré novel- The Little Drummer Girl- on a similar theme. I've watched 3 episodes of the 6 part series. Not really grabbing me but it's been well-reviewed.

/QUOTE]

yeah..watched the first episode...i'm a keen reader and love spy stories but le Carre is one author I've never really liked..not sure why...style?
An outstanding TV  series is the french spy show THE BUREAU on SBS on Demand...4 series...all as good as each other...best to watch from series 1 but you could pick up any series and get the plot.
The Dude Abides
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2019 at 6:09pm
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

Originally posted by waggamick waggamick wrote:

<h1 ="with-subtitle">
</h1><h2 ="panel-ing">
</h2>

Haven't seen le Carre done well on film since Alec Guiness did Smiley. One of the great writers of the 20th C IMO, but a bit hit and miss because he's a bit of an obsessive, broody type. Sorry off topic.
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2019 at 6:20pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

The Americans

That was a good watch. Who is the hero?

One that's been on for a while now is Jack Ryan. No name actors but a good show.  
Series 2 sometime this year, maybe.
I started with nothing and still have most of it left
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2019 at 6:26pm
Originally posted by scamanda scamanda wrote:

Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

The Americans

That was a good watch. Who is the hero?

One that's been on for a while now is Jack Ryan. No name actors but a good show.  
Series 2 sometime this year, maybe.

Peter Strzok was the hero, he shut down the program in 2010.

Jack Ryan is on my list There have been a series 2 locked in this year Another 8 episodes.
Fiddlesticks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2023 at 9:06pm
Honestly I looked everywhere in this forum and could not find dedicated thread that discussed shows, movies, series, anything you have watched and can recommend to others, so I have started this one, if Gay finds another old thread they can merge I suspect, anyways I want to recommend.. 

Madoff "the monster of wall street " on Netflix, it really is very interesting to me, stories like this fascinate me, its well produced as are most Netflix docu-series, you get a feeling of what it was like in those offices on the two floors, how it was done etc.. 

I have many others to recommend but this one for now deffo have a watch if you love real life crime drama. 

Thumbs Up
Panspermia.
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2023 at 9:18pm
There's one called "What are we watching tonight", fiddles. Maybe in the General section. (Where there's also one called "Cooking" )
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2023 at 9:48pm
ahh general section, damn sorry I never go there, just here is enough. 
Panspermia.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2023 at 9:54am
wow just finished that Madoff doco last night, what a tragic ending, good grief that was incredible to watch, seriously don't miss this its mind blowing what they were doing, the amount of money and who he was getting it from was unfathomable, the suicides that followed were particularly disturbing. $68 billion in Ponzi scheme, that was valued, but around 20 billion in actual cash, still that is unfkn believable.
Panspermia.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2023 at 10:14am
Did they interview the bloke who took 5 minutes to figure out it was a scam and spent years showing the proof it was a scam to everybody who should have stopped it?

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2023 at 10:34am
He is all through the series, he narrates a lot of it, fascinating what he was doing..when he let loose in congress it was hilarious.
Panspermia.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2023 at 11:04am
Thanks mods Thumbs Up
Panspermia.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2023 at 3:21pm
When I first came into this thread I thought Whale had been let off the leash.

Obviously mistaken 

Edited by Gay3 - 08 Jan 2023 at 3:43pm
Refer ALP Election Promises
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2023 at 8:20am
My Massive Cock

On Stan. It's funny. Glad I don't have one.Shocked

Simon Cameron

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2023 at 12:15pm
 it's on youtube.

Surprised Greg Norman isn't one of the leads...

Evil Smile
Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2023 at 1:59pm
If you haven't seen "The Wire" do yourself a favour.

More current times "Succession" is incredible.

Both on Binge.
Time is a flat circle
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2023 at 2:36pm
Succession is good. 
Panspermia.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2023 at 9:07pm
reductio ad absurdum
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2023 at 1:31am
No wonder your brain is mush Djebel, if you are watching garbage like that..
Panspermia.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2023 at 10:05am
 I agree.

I'm watching the seven part miniseries, John Adams, at present. It's really good. It's made me delve more deeply into early American politics and the formation of their party system.

The joke is...for a long while, the Republicans were good guys. WTF went wrong?

Geek

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2023 at 10:06am
 Djebel's eyes never look higher than chest level while watching those shows...

Ermm

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2023 at 11:44am
Originally posted by jujuno jujuno wrote:

I agree.

I'm watching the seven part miniseries, John Adams, at present. It's really good. It's made me delve more deeply into early American politics and the formation of their party system.

The joke is...for a long while, the Republicans were good guys. WTF went wrong?

Geek 

There are multiple descendants of John Adams, still going strong, some of who are part of the J P Morgan family. 

fascinating reading all this history...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>