Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

AFL 2019/20/21

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 28>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2019 at 7:01pm
Originally posted by JudgeHolden JudgeHolden wrote:

What the hell is going on with the Bombers? 20 goals straight kicked against them. For a team that was a contender a few weeks ago. Very, very strange.

I have a theory about this, and I dont consider it a conspiracy.
Management of clubs very much study everything, every advantage to give the club the best chance.

So this is the theory.
Pre-game against Dogs, Essendon strangely rested players. 6 players in total.
Then watch the footage closely, the Bombers players werent even running.

Did they bet on themselves to lose??
NO.

But they threw the game deliberately, and this is why:

They want Dogs to finish 8th.
They dont want to play Port, Crows, or GWS, potentially even interstate, in elimination final.
They would rather play Dogs at home, so they want Dogs in the finals mix, so they have given Dogs that big chance now.

Essendon want to give themselves the best possibility of winning the elimination final.
Can you blame them after all the crap they went through?

This was 100% strategic.

Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2019 at 7:15pm
A 20 goal defeat.  That's about as strategic as you can get.  Big smile
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2019 at 7:31pm
Essendon could miss out because they blew a large amount of percentage
JudgeHolden View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2019 at 7:31pm
A week after getting pummeled by Port at home and two weeks after falling in against the hapless Suns. That’s wheels falling off.
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2019 at 7:36pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

A 20 goal defeat.  That's about as strategic as you can get.  Big smile

But the Essendon boys never gave up, even after 21 goals in a row against them.
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2019 at 7:39pm
The wheels are strategically falling off if Redemption has her finger on the pulse.  That's if there's actually a pulse left at Windy Hill.  Question

Mind you Judge, the wheels aren't rotating too smoothly around you neck of the woods either.  Embarrassed
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2019 at 7:50pm
We are so lucky to have Redemption explaining what is really going on,in sport, politics, social issues etc.

Her insight is quite amazing and her dissection of the motives and thought processes really opens our eyes Clap
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2019 at 7:59pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

The wheels are strategically falling off if Redemption has her finger on the pulse.  That's if there's actually a pulse left at Windy Hill.  Question

Mind you Judge, the wheels aren't rotating too smoothly around you neck of the woods either.  Embarrassed

If you’re referring to the Crows I’m not, nor ever have been on that rattling bandwagon. Hawks poised, SC. We Just need it to snow for the next 6 weeks.
Redemption View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2019 at 2:45pm
Originally posted by SkyDancer SkyDancer wrote:

Essendon could miss out because they blew a large amount of percentage

No.

Essendon threw the game against Dogs. I am 100% certain of this.
Essendon rested players, then didnt try, for these reasons (and I regard this to be coaching genius by Worsfold).

1: Had Essendon finished too high, it greatly increased their chances of playing a strong side in elimination final, interstate.

2: By dropping game against Dogs, they have now given the Dogs a chance to finish 8th.

With that said,,,, here is the prediction from here.

Essendon will absolutely pump Freo in Perth.
Essendon to go to 48 points, secure finals berth. Done deal.

Essendon will then rest 6 players again, against Collingwood, and Essendon will LOSE. 
They will throw that game too.

Elimination final, Essendon will bring back its full list, fresh players, back from the rest, and absolutely pump whoever they play.

If you dont think sides rest players, with no strategy behind it, you are kidding yourself.
Essendon has studied and made a very very clever plan of attack at the finals.

Watch the footage against Dogs. Apart from dropping 6 players to "rest", players like Tippy were not even running. They didnt care, nor did the coach.
It was 100% deliberate loss.
They rested the entire team, not just 6 players.
They are preparing for a finals onslaught.

SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2019 at 3:14pm
I think you need an assessment pronto.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2019 at 9:23pm
Well you know the old saying Sky, 
"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society".

Essendon is foxing.
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2019 at 9:48pm
Originally posted by ExceedAndExcel ExceedAndExcel wrote:

Originally posted by Redemption Redemption wrote:

Forum

Great bet today.
Indoors, docklands stadium

It will be a shootout today. a high scoring game.

Over 176.5  $2.15
Over 181.5  $2.50
Over 186.5  $2.90
Over 191.5  $3.50
Over 196.5  $4.25
Over 201.5  $5.50
Over 206.5  $7.00

These are all great value.
I think they will break 200 points today. so even the Over 201.5 at $5.50 is great value.

Im going $200 on Over 201.5 to win $1,100
Plus $200 on over 176.5 to win $430   as the saviour.
Spend $400.

What was the result of these bets?

It must have won right?
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 10:29pm
Check out the career stats and achievements below for Graham Polly Farmer as a player and coach, it's very very impressive. R.I.P legend. A great career

**Player**
East Perth: 176 games (157 goals)
Geelong: 101 games (65 goals)
West Perth: 79 games (55 goals)
Western Australia: 31 games (19 goals)
Victoria: 6 games (6 goals)

**Coach**
West Perth: 91 games: 60 W, 29 L, 2 D's
Geelong: 66 games: 24 W, 42 L
East Perth: 45 games: 30 W, 15 L
Western Australia: 6 games: 2 W, 4 L

**Player**
East Perth Best and Fairest 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1959, 1960, 1961.
Geelong Best and Fairest 1963, 1964.
West Perth Best and Fairest 1969.
Sandover Medal 1956, 1957, 1960.
Simpson Medal 1959.
East Perth premiership 1956, 1958, 1959.
Geelong premiership 1963.
West Perth premiership 1969, 1971 (both as playing coach).
All Australian 1956, 1958, 1961.
AFL Team of the Century (First Ruck).
Indigenous Team of the Century (First Ruck)
Captain - Indigenous Team of the Century
Geelong Team of the Century (First Ruck).
West Perth Team of the Century (First Ruck).
East Perth Post War Team of the Century (First Ruck).

**Coach**
West Perth coach 1968-71 for premierships in 1969 and 1971.
Geelong coach 1973-75.
East Perth coach 1976-77.
Australian racing is only good up to 1400m in terms of world standards when it comes to depth/quality in numbers
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2019 at 10:03pm

Well you know the old saying Sky, 
"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society".

Essendon is foxing.

Now for the moment of truth Big smile
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2019 at 10:40pm
Looking gooooood!! Very Gooood Big smile Pity they weren't decent odds when I checked Cry
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2019 at 12:21pm
Worsfold is a genius.
This is why they pay coaches like him the big bucks.
Team management.

The big question now is, will he do the next part of my prediction, rest 6 players against Collingwood and lose the game deliberately?

Essendon have one game in mind. The Elimination final.
They knew they couldnt make top 4, mathematically, so what do you do?
Make a genius plan of attack at the elimination final.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2019 at 8:32pm
Ok I’ll bite. What possible advantage do Essendon have by finishing lower on the table? And costing themselves a home final?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2019 at 6:46pm
Originally posted by JudgeHolden JudgeHolden wrote:

Ok I’ll bite. What possible advantage do Essendon have by finishing lower on the table? And costing themselves a home final?

Essendon will most likely play an injured Collingwood at the MCG, in Elimination final.

When Essendon realised they couldnt make top 4, all that then mattered, was making a very strategic attack at the Elimination final.
They needed Dogs to make the 8. 

Worsfold rested 6 players against Dogs and nobody questioned it.
Why????
They got thumped.
They didnt want to win that game.  Tick.
They backed themselves to pump Freo (not gamble $$), but as a club. Done job. Tick.

I now expect to see Worsfold rest 6 to 8 players against Collingwood this week. (i expect collingwood to win this game).

Then they get the bye.
So its a 2 week freshen up.

Then they hit the MCG again in 2 weeks, fresh team, fresh legs.
They will smash Collingwood in the Elimination final.

Essendon dropped one third of the side against the Dogs, it was a masterclass strategic move by Worsfold, and nobody questioned why.

Essendon will be going deep into the finals this year.
Baghdad Bob View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2019 at 9:19pm
According to this morning's press, depending on multiple results, Essendon could finish ( 6th = home final ) 7th  or 8th ( Interstate side = away final interstate OR a Victorian side at the MCG = virtual home final )
Redemption, to assume Worsfold has accounted for all those permutations is beyond belief.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2019 at 9:37pm
The whole thing seems to rest on the bizarre idea that Essendon needed the Dogs to make the eight. Given there’s no chance of them playing each other in the finals if Worsfold takes a dive against the Pies, and very little chance even if they win, and the Dogs are the form team outside the four, one can only imagine why.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2019 at 10:08pm
If Essendon lose to Collingwood, they most likely finish 8th and if Footscray beat Adelaide they will finish 7th. They will not meet as 8th plays 5th And 6th play 7th in Elimination finals, unless they both go unbeaten they could then only meet in the Grand Final. 1000/1 about that.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2019 at 6:29pm
Redemption, Ross Lyon has today been sacked by Fremantle. Worsfold's family has returned to Perth, any chance Worsfold departs Essendon and goes back to Perth and take up coaching job with Fremantle ?
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2019 at 6:31pm
Ross Lyon contracted for 2020
and unless he gets a Senior Coaching Role in 2020 elsewhere - Freo have gotta pay him $1 million
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2019 at 6:34pm
Originally posted by SkyDancer SkyDancer wrote:

Ross Lyon contracted for 2020
and unless he gets a Senior Coaching Role in 2020 elsewhere - Freo have gotta pay him $1 million

Could Lyon do a switch with Worsfold, both clubs will save payouts of contracts ?
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2019 at 6:48pm
National news tonight: Essendon resting their Captain & "a few injured players" Big smile
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2019 at 6:56pm
Potentially yes they could ‘swap jobs’
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2019 at 7:01pm
I'd give punters $101 about that possibility.  Wink
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2019 at 7:40pm
More chance of Ross returning to St Kilda and I would say that’s 100/1
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2019 at 8:31pm

I now expect to see Worsfold rest 6 to 8 players against Collingwood this week. (i expect collingwood to win this game).

IN: C.Hooker, J.Begley, T.Jok, J.Laverde, T.Bellchambers, D.Clarke

OUT: B.Zerk-Thatcher (Omitted), D.Zaharakis (Injured), D.Heppell (Injured), J.Stringer (Injured), Z.Clarke (Injured), O.Fantasia (Injured)

Thumbs Up

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2019 at 8:57pm
Of those 6 "rested" only Heppell. Stringer & Fantasia would be back for the finals. Zaharakis is out for the year, Zerk-Thatcher & Zac Clarke ( now that Bellchambers is back ) would not get a game even if they were fit.
Regardless if they lose against Collingwood , which I suspect, they will finish 8th ( providing Footscray beat Adelaide ) and probably play GWS in Sydney in an Elimination Final.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 28>