Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

AFL 2019/20/21

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 28>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2019 at 12:18pm
Originally posted by Jamal Jamal wrote:

I actually didn't realise this non-racing forum existed.

I'm a Richmond supporter...I have supporters the Tigers through the tough years and watched them grow into a Premiership side...2017 was a great year.

My cousin also played for Richmond and finished his career off at Collingwood. My cousin is Andrew Krakouer.

I'd like to say hello to all Richmond and Collingwood supporters.

Cheers,
Jamal.

cheers, Jamal...I'm a died in the wool Pies supporter since 1967...that just revealed how old I am...

come over and let's have some rational comments for a change.

by the way, some friends of mine run the Western Australian Magpie club...why don't you split your loyalties and join. It's good fun.
Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2019 at 12:22pm
Originally posted by Redemption Redemption wrote:

Tell you what, I just had a look at the Brisbane Lions fixture.
Its very possible they could go all the way to round 15, without a loss.
I put them down as a loss to GWS in Sydney, round 16

But seriously, have a look at their fixture.
Its not at all a far fetched possibility.

They are going to make the finals, maybe even top 4.
Going by their fixture, they may even make top 2.

Go thru their fixture.

is this the worst post of the year?

next you'll tell us that Carlton will not finish wooden spooners...

lovely win by my boys last night...they play rugby really well...LOLLOLLOL

Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2019 at 12:27pm
[
[/QUOTE]

is this the worst post of the year?

next you'll tell us that Carlton will not finish wooden spooners...

lovely win by my boys last night...they play rugby really well...LOLLOLLOL

[/QUOTE]

Quite possibly, there are other contenders, mainly by her > What a ridiculous prediction, when was the last time a team went 15 rounds undefeated, and that team was certainly in a class above Brisbane.  T make such a statement based upon 1 or 2 games is clueless
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2019 at 12:42pm
St Kilda was the last team. Won the first 19 in a row in 2009.
Magnolian Khan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2019 at 12:44pm
Oi lay off the Blues.
We have to come good eventually
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2019 at 1:00pm
Originally posted by Magnolian Khan Magnolian Khan wrote:

Oi lay off the Blues.
We have to come good eventually

I seriously wish they would...I feel for them...on paper, the team doesn't look bad, it just doesn't translate to the paddock.

Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2019 at 2:48pm
Originally posted by jujuno jujuno wrote:

I'm a Richmond supporter...I have supporters the Tigers through the tough years and watched them grow into a Premiership side...2017 was a great year.

My cousin also played for Richmond and finished his career off at Collingwood. My cousin is Andrew Krakouer.

Cheers,
Jamal.

cheers, Jamal...I'm a died in the wool Pies supporter since 1967...that just revealed how old I am...

by the way, some friends of mine run the Western Australian Magpie club...why don't you split your loyalties and join. It's good fun.

I'm yet to go to the WA Richmond supporters group functions for the games...there bass is at the Odin pub. I need to go there for a game. I will also go to the WA Magpies function too for a Collingwood game.

I'm a Richmond member but not a Collingwood member.
Australian racing is only good up to 1400m in terms of world standards when it comes to depth/quality in numbers
Magnolian Khan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2019 at 3:20pm
The problem with the blues is between the ears
JudgeHolden View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2019 at 9:22pm
Eddie Betts, lol. There’s a couple of blokes (maybe) in the history game who kick that goal and you don’t consider it a fluke. One step, wrong side ( in every sense), against the boundary line and it was never going to miss.

VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2019 at 2:28am
The Blues needed that!

When you have a largely young group of guys, and they are playing well but not winning, they can get dejected, but that win was good, they did not just fall in they crushed the Bulldogs.

In a very tight comp, they can improve on last years number of wins!
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2019 at 6:13am
Eddie Betts pocket
EAD
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2019 at 8:37pm
Class prevails as Collingwood (ie the Mighty Magpies) wins the traditional Anzac day game at the G. Thumbs Up

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2019 at 8:40pm
Couple of real dodgy calls by the umps today
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2019 at 8:49pm
Anyone would have thought they were NRL refs.  Shocked
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2019 at 12:06am
Originally posted by jujuno jujuno wrote:

Cheers,
Jamal.

My cousin played:

AFL: Richmond - 102 games (2001 - 2007)

VFL: Coburg Tigers - 40 games (2001 - 2007)

WAFL: Swan Districts - 32 games (2008 & 2010)

AFL: Collingwood - 35 games (2011 - 2013)

VFL: Collingwood VFL - 13 games (2012 - 2013)

WAFL: West Perth - 4 games (2014)

Total: 227 League games.
Australian racing is only good up to 1400m in terms of world standards when it comes to depth/quality in numbers
Redemption View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2019 at 9:33pm
My upset of the week is Port to beat Pies in Melbourne friday night.

Pies are a better team, however I just feel Port has more to play for.
Its "just another game" for Collingwood.
But Port were so impressive in perth against west coast, and this is a real "statement" game for Port.
They will come over full of belief and pumped up.
Just think they will have the mental edge, simply because they will want this win much more.

I like the line being offered, +23.5, Port, $1.90
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2019 at 10:12pm
Is this Laddys promo almost as safe as Winx at $2?

AFL PLAYER PICK

Jordan De Goey to kick a goal in the first quarter - $3.00

Jordan De Goey has kicked 16 goals in 6 games this season and on Friday against the Power we are offering $3 for De Goey to kick a goal in the first quarter! Max Bet $20.

Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2019 at 10:44pm
FWIW he failed & I reckon the odds were shocking considering he's kicked 16 from 6 matches or 2.6 per match Confused
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2019 at 12:30pm
Anyone seen the footage of that Melbourne supporter punching that disabled bloke? What an absolute cvnt. Ban him for life and charge him with assault.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2019 at 8:01pm
We are on a unity ticket there TJ - should bring jail time.
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2019 at 9:27am
Someone should have stepped in and knocked that CNT out
EAD
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2019 at 12:54am
Close game at the SCG.

Essendon have not beaten Sydney at the SCG since round 15, 2009. They have now lost their past 8 games at the venue. That losing streak continues with a close loss tonight.

#stats #historyrepeats
Redemption View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2019 at 11:27am
Essendon should be awarded the game. Over rule the result.
Where the heck was the 3rd umpire on this.
Longmire would gain even more respect if he said we broke the rules, overturn the result.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2019 at 6:51pm
Carlton lead by two goals half way through the last quarter only to get done by three.

They can certainly snatch defeat out of the jaws of victory.  Embarrassed
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2019 at 5:17pm

I hope all of you tipped Richmond to beat Fremantle in Perth on Sunday. The last time Fremantle beat Richmond in Perth was 2013. Going into this match Richmond had won the past three Perth games against Fremantle, well now make that four in a row. What a good win interstate, plus two players down on the interchange bench for the last two quarters, plus still missing Riewoldt, Rance, Grigg, Vlaustin, Graham, Short, Cotchin and Rioli. Go Tigers.

#yellowandblack #historyrepeats

Fremantle vs Richmond: Record in Perth

Round 16, 1995: Richmond: 10,14 (74) defeated Fremantle: 9.13 (67) – Subiaco

Round 9, 1996: Fremantle 17.18 (120) defeated Richmond: 10.6 (66) – Subiaco

Round 19, 1997: Fremantle: 12.13 (85) defeated Richmond: 5.12 (42) – WACA

Round 13, 1999: Richmond: 19.13 (127) defeated Fremantle: 19.12 (126) – Subiaco

Round 19, 2000: Richmond: 15.15 (106) defeated Fremantle: 12.7 (79) – WACA

Round 10, 2001: Richmond 12.12 (84) defeated Fremantle: 6.10 (46) – Subiaco

Round 4, 2002: Fremantle: 21.12 (138) defeated Richmond: 11.6 (72) – Subiaco

Round 18, 2003: Fremantle 15.14 (104) defeated Richmond: 11.15 (81) – Subiaco

Round 19, 2005: Fremantle: 13.15 (93) defeated Richmond: 9.12 (66) - Subiaco

Round 10, 2006: Fremantle: 15.10 (100) defeated Richmond: 13.11 (89) - Subiaco

Round 11, 2007: Fremantle: 18.15 (123) defeated Richmond: 15.12 (102) - Subiaco

Round 4, 2008: Richmond: 20.17 (137) defeated Fremantle: 10.13 (73) – Subiaco

Round 10, 2009: Richmond: 17.13 (115) defeated Fremantle: 17.10 (112) - Subiaco

Round 5, 2010: Fremantle: 15.22 (112) defeated Richmond: 11.7 (73) – Subiaco

Round 21, 2012: Fremantle: 13.16 (94) defeated Richmond: 11.6 (72) – Paterson’s Stadium

Round 5, 2013: Fremantle: 12.9 (81) defeated Richmond: 12.8 (80) – Paterson’s Stadium

Round 10, 2015: Richmond: 15.7 (97) defeated Fremantle: 10.10 (70) – Domain Stadium

Round 9, 2016: Richmond: 11.17 (83) defeated Fremantle: 6.9 (45) – Domain Stadium

Round 22, 2017: Richmond: 25.5 (155) defeated Fremantle: 7.9 (51) – Domain Stadium

Round 8, 2019: Richmond: 17.9 (111) defeated Fremantle: 12.14 (86) – Optus Stadium

Richmond: 10

Fremantle: 10

VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2019 at 6:13pm
Probably the Tigers best full match of the season.

What do we think of Gary Ablett's actions. Does he need to change his blocking style?
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2019 at 6:06am
Originally posted by Redemption Redemption wrote:

My upset of the week is Port to beat Pies in Melbourne friday night.

Pies are a better team, however I just feel Port has more to play for.
Its "just another game" for Collingwood.
But Port were so impressive in perth against west coast, and this is a real "statement" game for Port.
They will come over full of belief and pumped up.
Just think they will have the mental edge, simply because they will want this win much more.

I like the line being offered, +23.5, Port, $1.90

keep them coming...I love a funny joke...

LOLLOL
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2019 at 11:21pm
Originally posted by VOYAGER VOYAGER wrote:

What do we think of Gary Ablett's actions. Does he need to change his blocking style?

Fyfe and Ablett lucky to escape suspension...in my opinion
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2019 at 3:31am

Originally posted by VOYAGER VOYAGER wrote:

Fyfe and Ablett lucky to escape suspension...in my opinion

it certainly helps to have a name...lesser mortals were suspended for less...
TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2019 at 11:22am
Flyin Ryan

Mark of the year

He can sure leap
EAD
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 28>