Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

AFLW is terrible.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2019 at 1:11pm
Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

Originally posted by saintly96 saintly96 wrote:

Lacaze's best 3000m steeplechase time is 9 mins 37 seconds.

Mark Blicavs from Geelong has a best of 9mins and 3 seconds.

Am I correct in estimating that 34 seconds, equates to at least 300 Metres.

In Blicays favour.

no , just less than 200 metres
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2019 at 2:22pm
Oneone, I & others are becoming heartily sick of your incessant attacks on members, not only the preceding example.
You seem hellbent on trashing perfectly good threads for no other reason than because you can Disapprove
Whale: Very good times but that solely does not qualify them to play AFL, they have many other elite physical attributes, unlike what some believe

Oneone: & you would be the best to know - seeing as you would have none of them. Post another photo of yourself why don't you. I need a good laugh.

You clearly started this offensive which is neither funny nor clever.
Please modify your behaviour to more acceptable levels Stern Smile
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
saintly96 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saintly96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2019 at 2:54pm
Originally posted by Whale Whale wrote:

Originally posted by saintly96 saintly96 wrote:

Lacaze's best 3000m steeplechase time is 9 mins 37 seconds.

Mark Blicavs from Geelong has a best of 9mins and 3 seconds.

Very good times but that solely does not qualify them to play AFL, they have many other elite physical attributes, unlike what some believe

This was in Response to a post from Redemption stating Lecaze was faster than any male AFL player which was clearly as far fetched as her thinking women will be better than men at AFL.
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2019 at 3:24pm
Did she, I missed that ? way off the mark again

Edited by Gay3 - 03 Feb 2019 at 3:43pm
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2019 at 3:42pm
N.B Whale, maccamax & oneonesit

Will not reply either directly or indirectly to each others posts. You are fully aware of the consequence Stern Smile
You want to be treated like kindergarten kids, I can oblige Disapprove
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2019 at 3:47pm
Females should be able to play any sport they like, paternalistic "protection " has ZERO say in the matter.

Reminiscent of the time when women were not allowed to race beyond 200 metres because it would make them old before their time and prevent them from having babies, 32 years to the Rome Olympics Confused

Now the women's world record time for the marathon are faster than men's winning times till the 1960 Olympic Games Clap
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2019 at 3:49pm
Originally posted by Gay3 Gay3 wrote:

N.B Whale, maccamax & oneonesit

Will not reply either directly or indirectly to each others posts. You are fully aware of the consequence Stern Smile
You want to be treated like kindergarten kids, I can oblige Disapprove

Image result for spanking childs  bottom
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2019 at 3:52pm

Females should be able to play any sport they like, paternalistic "protection " has ZERO say in the matter.

Reminiscent of the time when women were not allowed to race beyond 200 metres because it would make them old before their time and prevent them from having babies, 32 years to the Rome Olympics Confused

Now the women's world record time for the marathon are faster than men's winning times till the 1960 Olympic Games Clap

But in tennis it's still 1902 and that's the way the ladies like it.
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Redemption View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2019 at 4:20pm

great post Whale

The reason it can be very possible for women to play a higher standard AFLW, than the men, is because there are too many teams for the men.
The women shouldnt be making their comp bigger.

If its condensed, they can have elite athletes.
The skills will come. You dont have to be born into the sport. collingwood recruited that tall american guy.
I stand by my statement. Women can become better than the men, at Australian Rules.

If they recruit globally, elite athletes, with strength, and the skills of tennis players, etc, anything is possible.
Basically, the women can have the skill of soccer players, netball players, middle distance runners, combined, to make AFLW, a far cry from what it is today.
Its going to take time, but it will certainly evolve to brilliant viewing.
The AFLW, may also very well be the reason that international interest in the sport can grow. 
International women entering it to play.

waggamick View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waggamick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2019 at 6:12pm
The thing is that we've all seen a lot of men's AFL, Rugby, Soccer, Basketball, Tennis,etc.
So when we see a slower, often less skilled version you can't help but compare the quality.
I'm all for everyone playing any sport they like. The more the better.
And women's sport per se is excellent when comparing apples to apples but we can't unsee the men's versions of the game.
Irking is the media's and parent sports hyping the quality of the game....the word 'thriller' has already copped as thrashing in the AFLW and its only Round 1.
Have it on Tv..watch it if you want to..I won't...but don't load up newscasts and sports talk back shows with feminist propaganda telling me that it's just as good as the bloke's version.

PS: None of the above applies to Women's Golf.

The Dude Abides
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2019 at 6:23pm
Originally posted by waggamick waggamick wrote:

The thing is that we've all seen a lot of men's AFL, Rugby, Soccer, Basketball, Tennis,etc.
So when we see a slower, often less skilled version you can't help but compare the quality.
I'm all for everyone playing any sport they like. The more the better.
And women's sport per se is excellent when comparing apples to apples but we can't unsee the men's versions of the game.
Irking is the media's and parent sports hyping the quality of the game....the word 'thriller' has already copped as thrashing in the AFLW and its only Round 1.
Have it on Tv..watch it if you want to..I won't...but don't load up newscasts and sports talk back shows with feminist propaganda telling me that it's just as good as the bloke's version.

PS: None of the above applies to Women's Golf.

I agree, just ignore the hype, it is a far inferior game
JudgeHolden View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2019 at 6:52pm
Anyone putting athletic criteria on Aussie Rules football I don’t think really understands the game. What would have been the vertical leap or 3km time trial results for Sam Mitchell or Greg Williams?
waggamick View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waggamick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2019 at 7:14pm
Had someone tell me that the scarcity of goals in AFLW is because they play shorter quarters...did a bit of research...my response...
Take out Gold Coast and Carlton and the average goals scored per game in the 2018 AFL season ranged from 10 to 15 with the median around the 13 goals per game mark...AFLW 4 x 15 + 2 time on per quarter = 80 minute 's play (according to AFLW website)...AFL quarter typically averages 30 minutes including time on=120 minutes...given those figures AFLW games go for 66% of the men's games so if you are correct about less goals for a shorter game then we should be seeing 7 to 10 goals per team per game with a rough average around 8 to 9 goals per team=16 to 18 goals a game...that just aint happenin'...and never will..I'm all for everyone playing as much sport as possible but I don't like the media and vested interests trying to deceive me with hyperbolic claims for what is a very mediocre spectacle.

The Dude Abides
Heavy10 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2019 at 7:39pm
I agree with the fewer players smaller field suggestion..game seems so slow.

Women's netball skills are insane, but can't see AFL getting to this standard. In saying that the women's BBL has seemed to get better...
waggamick View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waggamick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2019 at 9:51pm
just looking at a recent COMPARATIVE STUDY ON STRENGTH BETWEEN AMERICAN COLLEGE MALE AND FEMALE STUDENTS IN ASIAN AND CAUCASIAN POPULATIONS..I'll stick to the caucasian results: 
Arm Strength
Biceps....females 37% of male strength
Triceps....            53%
Upper Back and Chest Strength
Pectorals.....         41%
Rhomboids...        50%
Shoulder Strength
Upper.......            49%
Lower.......            53%
Leg Strength
Hamstrings.....       59%
Quadriceps.....       60%
Calf......                 57%
Abdominal
Abdominal.....         58%

As far as speed is concerned......The Israeli physicist Ira Hammerman spoke at the 2010 Wingate Congress of Exercise & Sports Sciences, and he found that this little-known ratio held across all sports. Women's speed world records are all about 90 percent of their men's speed world records, in both short, middle and long distances.

AFL use a Size 5 Sherrin Ball  36cm long 28 cm wide
AFLW use a Size 4                        34.5             26.5

So with female players being 40% weaker in the legs and at least 10% slower than their male counterparts playing with a ball that is only 30 or 40 grams lighter no wonder there aren't many goals when they play on a full sized field.

The Dude Abides
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2019 at 8:48am
I think I have stumbled on to the reason they still play best of 3 sets in women's tennis even though women have been running Hawaii Ironmans for 40 years. You see, rain forced them to abandon the women's final at 4-6, 13-11 and replay the match the following day. Muriel Robb won the replay 7-5, 6-1, but the terrible exertion of playing 4 gruelling sets in 2 days exhausted her. In fact she never recovered from that exhaustion and died from it at the age of 28 in 1907.Shocked

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2019 at 8:48am
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

I think I have stumbled on to the reason they still play best of 3 sets in women's tennis even though women have been running Hawaii Ironmans for 40 years. You see, rain forced them to abandon the 1902 women's final at 4-6, 13-11 and replay the match the following day. Muriel Robb won the replay 7-5, 6-1, but the terrible exertion of playing 4 gruelling sets in 2 days exhausted her. In fact she never recovered from that exhaustion and died from it at the age of 28 in 1907.Shocked

Simon Cameron

waggamick View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waggamick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2019 at 9:39am

I think I have stumbled on to the reason they still play best of 3 sets in women's tennis even though women have been running Hawaii Ironmans for 40 years. You see, rain forced them to abandon the 1902 women's final at 4-6, 13-11 and replay the match the following day. Muriel Robb won the replay 7-5, 6-1, but the terrible exertion of playing 4 gruelling sets in 2 days exhausted her. In fact she never recovered from that exhaustion and died from it at the age of 28 in 1907.Shocked

So that's it! Well found!

Three sets is plenty...even for the blokes.
I go to the two male Canberra Challenger tournaments every year and they are all 3 set games...seems plenty to get a fair result.
The Dude Abides
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2019 at 9:45am
The majors are the only 5 set matches in mens tennis aren't they?
waggamick View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waggamick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2019 at 10:42am
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

The majors are the only 5 set matches in mens tennis aren't they?

Pretty sure that's the case.
Might evolve to 3 sets up to the semis then 5 setters.
The Dude Abides
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2019 at 2:27pm
reductio ad absurdum
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2019 at 3:29pm
At least they don't let the trannies play!
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Heavy10 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2019 at 3:30pm
Silly finals system...team with 5-2 record missed out??
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2019 at 4:54pm
Very flexible but how far did it go?

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2019 at 9:45am
Why did 7AFL delete that photo?

Simon Cameron

Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2019 at 9:48am

Why did 7AFL delete that photo?

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2019 at 10:12am
I don't do social media.

Simon Cameron

Redemption View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2019 at 10:30am
Tayla Harris seeking police action against those that have abused her and defamed her.

Good on her.
Absolute DISGRACE.

To put it into perspective, if the same messages were put in writing, on paper, and put into your letterbox at home, would you go to the police??
You bet you would.

I hope she sues the crap out of them all.
TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2019 at 10:34am
It's a nice action and follow through
EAD
Tontonan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tontonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2019 at 11:49am

Very flexible but how far did it go?

The kick resulted in a goal from 40m out.

7 took the photo down because of reprehensible comments from the typical trolls among the other posts who recognized it as a great sporting photograph and kick.  As a result the baby got thrown out with the bathwater, and people have been reposting the now iconic photo and 7 have put it back up.

As a male who is appalled by the 'toxic masculinity' of these morons it is hard to know what to do.

If you confront them for their revolting disrespect for women they bleat free speech and go sooking to the moderator.  Age and stupidity are not excuses.  If they cannot conduct themselves in a civil manner with regard to other people's gender or race then kick them out for good and always.  They don't deserve the privilege of the platform. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>