Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

AFLW is terrible.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AFLW is terrible.
    Posted: 01 Apr 2019 at 5:00pm
TOLL ROAD ...   Probably watches Parliament question time to get a look at Tim Wilson.    & his mates.   We are over run with them .

I like the mob who had near 60000 fans, flock to Adelaide.

Terrific visual stimuli.

A bit like watching chocolates that you can't eat but, Free to hair.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2019 at 3:29pm
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

I came in here hoping to see another photo. I appreciate a good kicking style
& not those 2 bloody photos above on this page either....sheesh....think I'm queer or something !
Refer ALP Election Promises
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2019 at 3:27pm
I came in here hoping to see another photo. I appreciate a good kicking style
Refer ALP Election Promises
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2019 at 2:18pm

AFLW grand final breaks a new record with more than 53,000 attending Adelaide Oval

A new attendance record for women’s sport in Australia was broken on Sunday.

53, 034 spectators descended on Adelaide oval to watch the Adelaide Crows defeat Carlton at the AFLW grand final. The crowd numbers significantly eclipsed the previous AFLW attendance record of 41, 975 at the 2018 final.

It was the Crow’s second premiership in the short three years of AFLW, cementing their position as the competition’s powerhouse team.more....

http://womensagenda.com.au/latest/aflw-grand-final-breaks-a-new-record-with-more-than-53000-attending-adelaide-oval/

Tontonan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tontonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2019 at 6:28pm
Originally posted by Red Hare Red Hare wrote:

You've highlighted the problem in bold. Why can't we call it for what it is? Why put a label on it? Is it for your own posterity? Is it the password at the woke spa?

The 'toxic masculinity' label was coined to distract from the real issue, knowing full well that the argument would go round and round in circles before any real action was made. It's as valueless in the discussion as 'affable predator'. It's a deadset trap & I would've thought a scholar would know better.

Sermons from the mount, in front of the sponsor's message, aren't worth a pinch of you know what. We're well past the two-and-three-quarters count from mum. 

Doxxing is a legitimate punishment. Get in and find them.

Red Hare,   I think you might be over estimating me.  

I didn't understand a lot your post.

I don't know what a woke spa is, even after googling it. Why do they have passwords ?

I don't understand what 'for your own posterity' means.  I don't have children.

I even had to look up doxxing and now I know what it is I agree it would be a good means of countering men behaving badly on the internet... for want of a better term.

I am just not very hip.

I don't understand what the problem is with the term 'toxic masculinity' ....  but it is probably why I keep putting it in quotes. 

I was using it as shorthand for  "the constellation of socially regressive male traits that serve to foster domination, the devaluation of women, homophobia and wanton violence" (Terry Kupers).

Is that wrong ?  

Toll Road View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toll Road Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2019 at 3:50pm
Originally posted by Redemption Redemption wrote:

When you look at 1930's and 1940's mens footy, I would say its the standard of the womens game today.
So maybe 70 to 80 years behind.
But evolution is evolution.

If you were in 1930, watching the women of today, you would say its unbelievably good.

Its simply going to take time.
It is terrible to watch and I really can't stand watching the girls play. I'd rather go and watch the local men play in my area. But in saying that if the girls want to play a men's sport let them Thumbs Up. Just don't shove it down our throats like the AFL has and don't ever compare the girl as champions like Gary Ablett and players of that ilk. The media use champion as a throw away line as much as a youngster at the Spring Carnival puts away another can. 

Toll Road View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toll Road Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2019 at 3:48pm
It is terrible to watch and I really can't stand watching the girls play. I'd rather go and watch the local men play in my area. But in saying that if the girls want to play a men's sport let them Thumbs Up. Just don't shove it down our throats like the AFL has and don't ever compare the girl as champions like Gary Ablett and players of that ilk. The media use champion as a throw away line as much as a youngster at the Spring Carnival puts away another can. 
Red Hare View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Hare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2019 at 3:47pm
Originally posted by Tontonan Tontonan wrote:

Pay ?  How on earth are you paying ?  How have you been disadvantaged ?

There is no problem with the footballers kit.   

There is a problem with those good old boys who can't look at a photograph of a female athlete without posting rapey anonymous messages on the social media.   They are the problem.

I think it is the responsibility of all decent men to speak up and out about this.

Sexual assault of women - of anyone - is not OK.  
Domestic violence is not OK.  
Rapey trolls on the internet are not OK either.  
One thing feeds on the other.

We need to call them out.  It is the manly thing to do.  It is the decent thing to do.

Maybe I am just old fashioned but to me it is a question of civility, decency, respect and responsibility.  Gentlemenly values. 

These are the very things that so called 'toxic masculinity' undermines.
You've highlighted the problem in bold. Why can't we call it for what it is? Why put a label on it? Is it for your own posterity? Is it the password at the woke spa?

The 'toxic masculinity' label was coined to distract from the real issue, knowing full well that the argument would go round and round in circles before any real action was made. It's as valueless in the discussion as 'affable predator'. It's a deadset trap & I would've thought a scholar would know better.

Sermons from the mount, in front of the sponsor's message, aren't worth a pinch of you know what. We're well past the two-and-three-quarters count from mum. 

Doxxing is a legitimate punishment. Get in and find them.
Redemption View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2019 at 3:22pm
When you look at 1930's and 1940's mens footy, I would say its the standard of the womens game today.
So maybe 70 to 80 years behind.
But evolution is evolution.

If you were in 1930, watching the women of today, you would say its unbelievably good.

Its simply going to take time.
Toll Road View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toll Road Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2019 at 2:02pm
Originally posted by Redemption Redemption wrote:

I went to a training session around 2 months ago, and watched Tayla just mucking around near boundary line on her own. She kicked from just inside the 50 arc, about 48 metres out, on the boundary, and she slotted 5 out of 7. One hit the goal post, the other didnt make the distance.

Many players cant even kick goals from 30 metres right in front. Different in a game of course, but still,,,,,.
No one is doubting her ability. It's a pity that more than half in the league aren't up to her standard. 

The AFL should have started this project from grass roots and built it up. Instead they took the shortcut and took players from other elite sports codes. Footy is more than just kicking the ball. That's why the chick with the d*ck would have killed someone. He'd played footy before and had footy smarts. The other girls just run around more worried about bumping and crashing into each other rather than going the ball.

The other issue I have with the girls game is they should have taken the game on in their terms rather than  try and play the boys game of defence. Where do you see any other womens sport being played so defensively? 90% of women's sport is played slick and fast. If the women's AFLW had done that and played on smaller grounds for example like Carlton's ground it would have made for a faster game and a scoring frenzy. 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2019 at 1:06pm
I went to a training session around 2 months ago, and watched Tayla just mucking around near boundary line on her own. She kicked from just inside the 50 arc, about 48 metres out, on the boundary, and she slotted 5 out of 7. One hit the goal post, the other didnt make the distance.

Many players cant even kick goals from 30 metres right in front. Different in a game of course, but still,,,,,.
Tontonan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tontonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2019 at 12:48pm
The speed with which the Jonco Shorts ad was referenced is a little disturbing.

I have hit the nail on the head before but this one was with the big hammer.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2019 at 12:33pm
I think his legs are much more pretty than the one from the Box Office.

Wear long trousers if the heat is too hot in the kitchen.

Tayla is famous now , No one would have ever known her had she not advertised.
Toll Road View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toll Road Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2019 at 12:32pm
Teddy has on the old jonco footy shorts

Tontonan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tontonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2019 at 12:27pm
For macca

Coor... how would you like a bit of Teddy eh ?  Doggy style (snicker) ...eh ? eh ?  nudge, nudge, wink, wink  ... with a leg extension like that I bet he could ... (pant, pant, fiddle, fiddle)...say no more...  I reckon he'd go off like a firecracker. ... He's a hot dog
... as the cardinal said to the choir boy... I mean he is just asking for it, isn't he ? ... parading around in those little shorts ... I wonder if he is wearing a jock strap... eh...eh....cor blimey, pass the tissues will you...
Toll Road View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toll Road Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2019 at 12:01pm
Originally posted by JudgeHolden JudgeHolden wrote:

“How about let's just play football?”

I think that’s what they like to do mate. That’s the point
My point is if think if you listened to the interview she gave yesterday she said it didn't really bother her BUT she had to make a statement. Just like the AFL have to force their views and opinions down everyone's throat. 

You don't hear the soccer women making statement every 5 minutes, like the AFLW women. They just go about their business and play soccer. Their going quite well. 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2019 at 9:07am

[/QUOTE]We're all paying for the mindless few because of all the political correctness and BS baggage 
Rapey Trolls are not ok either? How can you stop and if you really want to open it up then most sites would be shut down. You can find rapey troll on all sites it's just how you interpret them. People of people here go at each other and say offensive things. (other than a few trolls none of the above have happened to this player or any others)

[/QUOTE]

Regulations, recognised Laws, of which have Categories.

Eg, Highly offensive, clearly abusive material, designed to degrade. Sexually aggressive views.

It would have Levels of what is considered anti-social.  Level 1 to 5 etc. 5 being the worse.  1 being a Caution.   3 being banned.  5 being Arrested.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2019 at 8:51am

<span style="line-height: 16.8px;">Pay ?  How on earth are you paying ?  How have you been disadvantaged ?</span><div style="line-height: 16.8px;">
<div style="line-height: 16.8px;">There is no problem with the footballers kit.   <div style="line-height: 16.8px;">
<div style="line-height: 16.8px;">There is a problem with those good old boys who can't look at a photograph of a female athlete without posting rapey anonymous messages on the social media.   They are the problem.<div style="line-height: 16.8px;">
<div style="line-height: 16.8px;">
I think it is the responsibility of all decent men to speak up and out about this.

We need to call them out.  It is the manly thing to do.  It is the decent thing to do.

Maybe I am just old fashioned but to me it is a question of civility, decency, respect and responsibility.  Gentlemenly values. 

Is George Pell guilty or Not Guilty.

You spent a lot of time on that Jury.

Tayla is certainly Guilty , she should wear overalls.

Stirring our Paternal instincts , makes it all too hard for us.
JudgeHolden View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2019 at 8:50am
And btw. How exactly are you yourself “paying for it”?
JudgeHolden View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2019 at 8:39am
“How about let's just play football?”

I think that’s what they like to do mate. That’s the point
Toll Road View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toll Road Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2019 at 8:35am
Forgot to mention that maybe the AFLW & female cricket players should take a good look at how the female soccer teams are going. There on fire and just play soccer no bitching or grand standing 
Toll Road View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toll Road Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2019 at 8:34am

There is a problem with those good old boys who can't look at a photograph of a female athlete without posting rapey anonymous messages on the social media.   They are the problem.

We're all paying for the mindless few because of all the political correctness and BS baggage with all the Leftie/ Greenie views. Minorities are dictating terms to the majority in aspects of life now days.

No Sexual assault of woman or anyone for that matter is not ok. 
Domestic violence in not ok either but people have choice both offender and the victim. Had a very bad case of DV across the road had to call the police all the time. She refused to leave. So how can you help that? You got to want to help yourself before others can help you?
Rapey Trolls are not ok either? How can you stop and if you really want to open it up then most sites would be shut down. You can find rapey troll on all sites it's just how you interpret them. People of people here go at each other and say offensive things. (other than a few trolls none of the above have happened to this player or any others)

Every year these female footballs have something to carry on about. How about let's just play football?
First it was we need to be paid the same as the men
Then it was we're taking the AFL to court because our season is shorter and our suspensions are to long and don't need to be like the mens
Then a chick with a d*ck was going to take the AFL to  court because he wasn't allowed to play. 
3 years in and they're still sooking and bitching. JUST PLAY FOOTBALL and stop with all the BS statements. Thumbs Up

TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2019 at 8:00am
The AFLW are milking this one all the way, any publicity is good publicity

The picture in question is a beauty, great action and follow through

The comments made by trolls about the picture are Nooooooo different to anything else that's posted on social media, always will have them
EAD
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2019 at 7:50am
Originally posted by Afros Afros wrote:

Personally I think any normal, healthy male should be able to look at this picture as a female athlete in action and not get all excited about what they can almost see between her legs, just the same as any normal female can look at a similar photo of a male athlete and not get all excited at what is almost popping out the bottom of his shorts.

FWIW I think it's a great photo and if that were my sister/wife/daughter it would be a candidate for a large, framed print hanging in the house.

Clap
Clap
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2019 at 6:18am

A similar photo of Brent Harvey, for comparisons sake, found that on google in 15 seconds.

Here is a link if the photo doesn't show
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2019 at 6:15am
Personally I think any normal, healthy male should be able to look at this picture as a female athlete in action and not get all excited about what they can almost see between her legs, just the same as any normal female can look at a similar photo of a male athlete and not get all excited at what is almost popping out the bottom of his shorts.

FWIW I think it's a great photo and if that were my sister/wife/daughter it would be a candidate for a large, framed print hanging in the house.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2019 at 10:30pm

Clap
Clap
Tontonan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tontonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2019 at 10:08pm

Toll Road View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toll Road Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2019 at 9:00pm

It is not so much about celebrating women as creepy anonymous internet posters peering up the leg of their shorts for cheap rapey giggles.  

Stop it.
Don't agree with the comments of a few and the majority shouldn't have to pay for mindless few. 

Maybe if she or other female footballers have a problem with the male footy shorts put on some skins or maybe put some pressure on the AFLW to get a more feminine uniform. 
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2019 at 8:31pm
Her day job

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>