Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Stable raids happening now!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3738394041 44>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Einstein Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2019 at 3:25pm
How is McLean still allowed to train. Within a day of being given the notice he can train, with one of the causes being none of his horses were to go near Weirs place, what does he do? Tries to put 7 of his horses in Weirs stable :/
Stainvita View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Stainvita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2019 at 4:19pm
Originally posted by kiwi88 kiwi88 wrote:

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/weir-ban-raises-more-questions-than-it-answers-20190206-p50w4f.html

Fitzsimons raised one interesting point imo... in terms of saying the investigation so far hasn't exactly appeared thorough in finding out who exactly was involved. 

Fitzsimons is one of the biggest tools on two legs,he doesn't quite get horse racing yet he freeloads at breakfast with the stars functions.
If your hands aren't shaking you haven't put enough on.
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2019 at 4:36pm
Are you sure? The idea of Peter Fitzsimon attending Breakfast With the Stars, unless he's been sent there on a media assignment, seems as improbable to me as him going to a Royal wedding.

Edited by Gay3 - 07 Feb 2019 at 5:08pm
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2019 at 4:42pm
He’s a witty bastard, well I’m half right.

Edited by Gay3 - 07 Feb 2019 at 5:08pm
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2019 at 5:16pm
Had his ears rubbed too much in scrums and a knucklehead imo, the first line in his story sums it up, better of writing about our fallen as that seems his forte.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2019 at 5:24pm
A lot of ad hominem going on with old Fitzy, and we all know what that means, eh, Pete,

Simon Cameron

djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2019 at 5:37pm
Originally posted by Einstein Einstein wrote:

How is McLean still allowed to train. Within a day of being given the notice he can train, with one of the causes being none of his horses were to go near Weirs place, what does he do? Tries to put 7 of his horses in Weirs stable :/

What is this about ?
reductio ad absurdum
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2019 at 5:40pm
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

Originally posted by Einstein Einstein wrote:

What is this about ?

He had 7 of his horses stabled on course at Warrnambool, however that stable was under Weir’S name not his.
Karl and Susan Kennedy are my heroes
rusty nails View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2019 at 5:41pm
In the show cause hearing,they allowed Jarrad to continue training, but explicitly told him he was not permitted to move any horses from his stables to Weirs.

Next day,he was caught moving 7 horses from his stables to Weirs
Discohips23 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Discohips23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2019 at 5:44pm
Originally posted by Nocturnal Nocturnal wrote:

Originally posted by Discohips23 Discohips23 wrote:

The replay of Cougar Express winning the 4200m Grand National Hurdle back in August 2018 makes for interesting viewing. J.Allen (Weirs) at the 1200m looking over his right shoulder for S.Jackson (McLeans), even though he is sitting outside the leader and wasn’t taking any other horses running. The Stewards must have a laugh when they see this stuff

I had the vision of Trap for Fools replay of the McKinnon win sent to me last night . Have a look at it . Between the 400 and 300 he gets a couple of love taps to the neck region . Possibly to remind him of what happens if he doesn’t try.... Pavlov’s dog theory at work ?
If you really want to treat yourself, forget the ride of J Allen in the McKinnon and replay B Rawiller’s last two rides in him. JAM IT JAM IT AND JAM IT AGAIN!!!
Lordy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2019 at 5:50pm
Originally posted by Stainvita Stainvita wrote:

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/weir-ban-raises-more-questions-than-it-answers-20190206-p50w4f.html

Fitzsimons raised one interesting point imo... in terms of saying the investigation so far hasn't exactly appeared thorough in finding out who exactly was involved. 

Fitzsimons is one of the biggest tools on two legs,he doesn't quite get horse racing yet he freeloads at breakfast with the stars functions.

I got about half way through the article, but couldn't work out what he was gibbering on about so gave up.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2019 at 6:03pm
Originally posted by Lordy Lordy wrote:

I got about half way through the article, but couldn't work out what he was gibbering on about so gave up.

It is written in very clear language and the questions he asks are the right questions.

Simon Cameron

Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2019 at 6:21pm
He asks why nobody else is being investigated and why it is being left there.

There are others being investigated and it is far from being settled with publicly reported police parallel investigations, with RV stewards stating they will engage again after the police findings.

A bit of research Mr Fitz. 
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2019 at 6:26pm

Originally posted by Nocturnal Nocturnal wrote:

The replay of Cougar Express winning the 4200m Grand National Hurdle back in August 2018 makes for interesting viewing. J.Allen (Weirs) at the 1200m looking over his right shoulder for S.Jackson (McLeans), even though he is sitting outside the leader and wasn’t taking any other horses running. The Stewards must have a laugh when they see this stuff

I had the vision of Trap for Fools replay of the McKinnon win sent to me last night . Have a look at it . Between the 400 and 300 he gets a couple of love taps to the neck region . Possibly to remind him of what happens if he doesn’t try.... Pavlov’s dog theory at work ?
If you really want to treat yourself, forget the ride of J Allen in the McKinnon and replay B Rawiller’s last two rides in him. JAM IT JAM IT AND JAM IT AGAIN!!!

B Rawille
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2019 at 7:44pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

He asks why nobody else is being investigated and why it is being left there.

There are others being investigated and it is far from being settled with publicly reported police parallel investigations, with RV stewards stating they will engage again after the police findings.

A bit of research Mr Fitz. 

Thank you Passing Through, nothing like getting your teeth into a subject to give your readers a balanced view imo, this ain't over till it's over , not by a long shot.
Sister Dot View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sister Dot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2019 at 5:51am
Originally posted by Xavier Xavier wrote:

Originally posted by Red Hare Red Hare wrote:

Where the disqualification terms stipulate that he can’t attend any ‘licensed premises’, does that just mean any racing/training property, or are they saying he can’t have a beer in a pub with TAB facilities?

Bloke might neck himself if the latter.

He is banned from betting and attending any licensed premises with betting.

That seems a bit rough. He can’t go to the pub for a beer? He can’t go to the Club for tea? 😳 Basic Human Rights 🤔
“Where in this wide world can man find nobility without pride, friendship without envy, or beauty without vanity? Here where grace is laced with muscle and strength by gentleness confined”
Redemption View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2019 at 6:14am
I think stablehands should go on Strike.
Im talking about the thousands of staff that have entered the industry because they totally adore horses.
They are the true backbone of the industry.

They need to create a united front, and demand new code of conduct.

Trainers and owners have too much power. Too much discretion.

1: Jockeys should be paid more. Its more dangerous than Formula One racing.
2: Leading trainers should have a max of 500 horses.
3: Leading trainers need to meet twice a year to collectively discuss new Etiquette. New Values. New Code of Conduct. Eliminate "over competitiveness"
4: Stablehands need to Strike and put their bosses on notice. Sack one decent stablehand for dobbing in a dirty boss, the whole lot of them go on strike nationally.
5: Leading trainers to help hobby trainers where possible.

The racing industry is an absolute farce at the moment.
It lacks leadership and nobility.
Its total garbage that something cant be "decent" just because money is involved.

Baguette View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Baguette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2019 at 6:22am
I’ve been trying to work out if this has ever happened before in racing. Any trainer, let alone the top trainer, having his stables raided , being arrested and is out of the sport for 4 years, all happening in a week? The speed of it all has got me worried that what they have on him is huge and what is to come out is going to be very very bad. Hope I’m wrong!
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2019 at 6:25am
Originally posted by Baguette Baguette wrote:

I’ve been trying to work out if this has ever happened before in racing. Any trainer, let alone the top trainer, having his stables raided , being arrested and is out of the sport for 4 years, all happening in a week? The speed of it all has got me worried that what they have on him is huge and what is to come out is going to be very very bad. Hope I’m wrong!

It all happened in a week because Weir didn't contest the narrow charges, presumably because him commenting on anything would compromise him in his greater risk, the police investigation. Just shows how serious the yet to be disclosed accusations against him are that he will throw his hands up and walk away from millions.
Baguette View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baguette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2019 at 6:32am
That’s what I’m worried about PT.

Edited by Gay3 - 08 Feb 2019 at 9:15am
Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2019 at 8:41am
BTW.....the other bloke from the Rat, Smerdon I think his name is, so long ago I'm struggling to remember, when is he next scheduled to appear? anyone, anyone have a clue? oh, and Vasil who reckons they were getting at his horses without his knowledge, may as well keep digging the manure as we are so far in already.
Lordy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2019 at 11:56am
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

Originally posted by Lordy Lordy wrote:

It is written in very clear language and the questions he asks are the right questions.

Language was clear. The point was not....at least half way through when I got bored and switched off.
Red Hare View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Hare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2019 at 10:43am
As a punter, it'd be good to hear from these new trainers whether there are any signs of mistreatment.
rusty nails View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2019 at 11:16am
As a punter,I’d prefer to know which ones came with tubing gear....
Batman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Batman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2019 at 2:41pm
Originally posted by Red Hare Red Hare wrote:

As a punter, it'd be good to hear from these new trainers whether there are any signs of mistreatment.

Like ??? Shaking when walking near the treadmill !! Burn marks on the hair !! The punters don't care about anything but what is going to win.   
Gambling has brought our family closer together. We had to move to a smaller house.
Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2019 at 3:16pm
Well blow me over with a feather, there's a bloke with 3 positives in one day training a double in SYD at the Farm, and he's a Chemist to boot.......oh well, who'd a thought it.
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2019 at 3:22pm
Why is McLean still training Trap for Fools?
I swear it was published that the horse had moved to Hickmott
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Discohips23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2019 at 3:38pm
Originally posted by Xavier Xavier wrote:

Why is McLean still training Trap for Fools?
I swear it was published that the horse had moved to Hickmott

The Stewards let him off at the Show Cause Hearing. His jigger was found at his farm that isn’t a registered training facility. He has cows on the farm and he reckons he needs it for them. The Stewards know he’s full of crap and couldn’t be wasting their time and resources fighting it. They know what the coppers have on him and Weir will see the both of them banned for life. Did anyone see the weak human at Caulfield today?
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2019 at 3:43pm
Aware of that. I just thought that he’d lost the horse to Hickmott, was surprised to see it still with him.

Edited by Gay3 - 10 Feb 2019 at 6:16am
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Discohips23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2019 at 3:54pm
I’d say the owner would be hoping McLean will go out with a bang (or a jig). Its not like he has ever taken on instruction from the Stewards before!. He is one very slow (about to get life) learner.

Edited by Gay3 - 10 Feb 2019 at 6:16am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3738394041 44>