Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

CATCH ME - Event Date: 27 Jan 2019

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: CATCH ME
    Posted: 27 Jan 2019 at 12:41pm
HOW GOOD IS THIS ONE.
    CATCH ME resumed 26/9/19 to win 1000m at Caulfield . Won the Gimcrack at Randwick last time in.
Yesterdays run was outstanding , Given she carried 57K = inc 2 K Penalty.
Raced 3 / 4 wide all the way from 14 alley and motored home strongly to win. Ran slightly faster than the Colts division , who carried 55K, so that is a 4K difference come classic time .
    Snowden --- McEvoy   add to the plus side .

Put her in your Black-Book.
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2019 at 1:23pm
She's looking like the best filly of her age macca.
Up to 1200m in the final will suit her even more than the 1000m yesterday.

Don't take any notice of the wide run though. Caulfield 1000m (up to 1200m) is a straight run to the home turn, and a good horse doesn't need to follow the rail or get a sit there. That has been proven so many times in the Blue Diamond.

Earthquake did it from barrier 15.

I started with nothing and still have most of it left
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2019 at 3:35pm
Hopefully she goes straight into the big one.

#EightCarat
reductio ad absurdum
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2019 at 4:54pm
Looks like the fillies still have the edge.

Would not give up on the runner up either.
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
ready2run View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ready2run Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2019 at 8:25pm
Scamanda I agree with your comment, however I walked the track yesterday and the rail was dynamite but the ground 2-3 off the fence was much softer so it adds significant merit to Catch Me’s win imo. Crack the Code showed how hard it was to get past one on the rail in the first race....probably wins by 2-3L without the bias.
Tell the truth - there is less to remember
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2019 at 10:26pm
Originally posted by ready2run ready2run wrote:

Scamanda I agree with your comment, however I walked the track yesterday and the rail was dynamite but the ground 2-3 off the fence was much softer so it adds significant merit to Catch Me’s win imo. Crack the Code showed how hard it was to get past one on the rail in the first race....probably wins by 2-3L without the bias.

Thanks ready2run, as usual you are on the ball. Knowing that can be the difference in winning or losing on the punt come grand final day.
That makes her run even better, and I'll be surprised if there is another filly close enough to her to threaten in the final. And I'll go out on a limb and say nothing else from that race has any chance.

Maybe the colts will stand up and be counted, and let's not forget that times have usually been faster for the fillies leading into a Blue Diamond but a good colt stands up to be counted.

Yet another great edition of the Blue Diamond.
I started with nothing and still have most of it left
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2019 at 11:13pm
The other fillies in Catch Me's race benefited with the 2K penalty and a very wide run for Catch Me. They can't beat her.
Times on the day dosn't support the track as being too bad as the sprints were running within .10 off average & 34.02 & 34.32.
I Am Immortal was also impressive but weights favour CM.

4 weeks to the Grand Final...       
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2019 at 12:09am
Awesome win and that's twice she's done it.

Brooklyn Hustle and Athiri go alright too. Looking forward to the Prelude in a fortnight!
Sunline...simply supreme
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2019 at 8:20am

Very interesting R2R. Do you know what the peno reading was?
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2019 at 5:00pm
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

Hopefully she goes straight into the big one.

#EightCarat

I changed my mind. I hope she goes in on the fortnight campaign.

Better odds about the freak Brooklyn Hustle.
reductio ad absurdum
ready2run View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ready2run Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2019 at 8:16pm
Maccamax the times we’re good for the day because nearly every winner on the day was on the rail where the ground was a good 4/3. Only a few made ground to win and those that did are very good animals. Crack the Code and Catch Me two good examples.
ready2run View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ready2run Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2019 at 8:22pm
Not sure what the Penotrometre Reading was but the inside metre was clearly better going than the next 2-3 metres. Such was the desire to be in the rail a couple of horses ran blistering 1st 400m splits incl Jedastar running 10.22 from the 200m to 400m to get in front of Be Brilliant who just maintained her position from Barrier 6 and made it very tough for Jedastar to cross and find the rail. B.B. ran 11L second last after exerting that early effort such was the furious pace.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2019 at 8:45pm

Maccamax the times we’re good for the day because nearly every winner on the day was on the rail where the ground was a good 4/3. Only a few made ground to win and those that did are very good animals. Crack the Code and Catch Me two good examples.

Yes .   Rock N Gold was another to lead & win . Albeit Manolo Blahniq was something beaten.
 Post Reply Post Reply