Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Wednesday Racing Blog January 16 2019

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wednesday Racing Blog January 16 2019
    Posted: 16 Jan 2019 at 7:15am
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Dizzy View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2019 at 9:36am
Good morning Gay3 and all. Big smile
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2019 at 3:02pm
WF R2 1450m Mdn. Waller gets the 1st 4 = 11k in Q/land.
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2019 at 3:06pm
The good thing for the day wins easily at Warwick Farm.
And now it's up to Godolphin to fill in the multis.

Unders taken as usual with Luskintyre Lass. $3.40 before the jump without deductions. She went from $3.40 to $2.40 after scratchings and then eased back out to $3.40.Confused

• FO

• FO
I started with nothing and still have most of it left
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2019 at 3:08pm
Waller could win with a rocking horse sometimes Gay3.
No doubt he's good at what he does.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2019 at 3:36pm
Unfortunately for Prophets Thumb and so many horses in Australia, including those trained by Waller, she is a class above her trainer,

I have absolutely no doubt we have top class horses in this country but our trainers do not do them justice.

reductio ad absurdum
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2019 at 6:10pm
Pulled up with diagnosed cardiac arrhythmia fwiw.
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2019 at 6:41pm
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

Unfortunately for Prophets Thumb and so many horses in Australia, including those trained by Waller, she is a class above her trainer,  I have absolutely no doubt we have top class horses in this country but our trainers do not do them justice.  

Well after your unsubstantiated Weir bake, and now this (particularly in view of the post-race report) can we ever place any credit in respect of your judgement?
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2019 at 6:45pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

Unfortunately for Prophets Thumb and so many horses in Australia, including those trained by Waller, she is a class above her trainer,  I have absolutely no doubt we have top class horses in this country but our trainers do not do them justice.  

Well after your unsubstantiated Weir bake, and now this (particularly in view of the post-race report) can we ever place any credit in respect of your judgement?

It really doesn't matter whether you do or you dont but what I am saying is 100% correct.

reductio ad absurdum
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2019 at 6:53pm
Djebel we know you feel deeply about this subject.  However this is the very best I can offer in response to your posts:  UnhappyWacko
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2019 at 7:24pm
Originally posted by scamanda scamanda wrote:

The good thing for the day wins easily at Warwick Farm.
And now it's up to Godolphin to fill in the multis.

Unders taken as usual with Luskintyre Lass. $3.40 before the jump without deductions. She went from $3.40 to $2.40 after scratchings and then eased back out to $3.40.Confused

• FO

• FO

One from two multis up.
Only ended up with 9.87 odds with Tin Hut but more than happy with that.

Tin Hat has improved out of sight since he was gelded. Doesn't even resemble the Tin Hat of old.
Will win more races.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2019 at 7:48pm
Nice work Scamanda, keep it going mate.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2019 at 7:48pm
Was Tin Hat a gelding when he ran in the Sires ?

What he has done so far is nowhere near that level.

reductio ad absurdum
crooked_gambler View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crooked_gambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2019 at 7:55pm
Gelded this prep
This space has been intentionally left blank
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2019 at 7:57pm
Tin Hat leads and performs brilliantly at his first 2 starts as a juvenile.

Tin Hat spells and they ride from behind, ran well once, performed poorly at the next.

Tin Hat is gelded.

Tin Hat resumes and is allowed to go back to dictating ways and he gets back to winning efforts.

sweethearts they are.

reductio ad absurdum
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2019 at 8:37pm
Given his ownership and breeding, I'm guessing Tin Hats gelding was well and truly necessary.

Djebel, you've been banging on for years about our trainers, why don't you take out a license and pants them?
 Post Reply Post Reply