Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

MORE DRUG DEATHS - Event Date: 13 Jan 2019

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 14>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Hare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2019 at 2:38pm
Why don't they just sell a simple testing kit at the chemist's?

That way, anyone who wants to get lit and not die can go and buy a testing kit, away from prying eyes.

I'd search YouTube for a home remedy, but i'm logged in and I just don't need that sort of input messing with the programmatic advertising algorithm.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2019 at 3:31pm
We seem to be off the rails on this thread , now .

For starters , testing drugs for their safety to take at a musical festival is not possible , with all factors considered.
Apart from TIME involved and the many drugs that can't be detected , there is the question of what has already been taken , what alcohol has been or will be mixed with the unknown amount of whatever.

Do people realise that "POT" is one of the top causes of psychosis ,
especially among people pre disposed to Mental Health difficulties.

We are really heading in the wrong direction.
There are many ways to substantially reduce illegal drug use and most of those methods are not pretty for USERS.

If kids aren't mature enough to say NO to drugs then they aren't mature enough to drive a deadly weapon .

Same applies to adults who fail breath / drug tests. Some 5 or 6 times. Gaol time needs to be mandatory for repeat offenders. Much longer Licence suspensions for all users.

FYI .    My Grandson works in the Mines , They have a ZERO tolerance for Drugs & Alcohol and are tested daily in some , or regular random in others.
------------
Brooke Martin , Mining Matters..
Bill XXXXX, Mining manager, says there's only one way to go: "It is to have a mine site completely free of drugs and alcohol – zero tolerance is the only way to run a safe and efficient mine." Bill has worked in mining for more than 20 years. He's seen too many incidents at work in the pit (and also heard stories from the plant) where D&A have been the cause of   major incidents, resulting in ICU, and unfortunately death. "I’ve mostly seen blokes turn up to work hungover from the night before, probably operating on no or very little sleep, get into a dump truck and cause havoc. One dozer operator even tested over the legal driving limit in a causal test following an incident last year. Young miners are paid way too much money these days and think it’s appropriate to spend up on Drugs / Alcohol during time off.   Many have their contracts terminated.

maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2019 at 4:18pm
Strange Happenings... I had no sooner posted the previous , My Phone rang and a Grandson, in transit to his mine work in North Queensland , Rang me .

I had a laugh and asked him what his company does.       > He is booze tube tested when signing on every day & random Drug tested regularly.

Some Areas get it right, aye.
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2019 at 4:57pm
Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

There are many ways to substantially reduce illegal drug use and most of those methods are not pretty for USERS.

I’ve got 2 cousins who have fried their brains. Both now are schizophrenia. Drugs were the cause but the users will deny the science
Let’s legalise it and encourage more kids to do the same
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2019 at 5:46pm
Originally posted by linghi11 linghi11 wrote:

Alcohol and drugs don’t cause domestic violence, idiots (male and female) who like being violent cause DV, and I’d say their stupidity makes them predisposed to substance abuse. It takes more than one to tango, and I’m not victim blaming BUT even one episode should see them leaving, how they hang around for more I’ll never know. I suppose people have different expectations for what is acceptable. In my view it is a mostly socio-economic issue, a little bit like religion and poverty together turn out zealots, so does a combination of poverty and poor upbringing often result in thugs.
What a load of cobblers - obviously a close mate of the Judges. I think we need to take this step by step. First step - is it more or less likely that a person who is off their face with either alcohol or an illegal drug(or both) to act in an anti-social manner. If you are not sure - stand outside any hotel or nightclub late at night & monitor behaviour. I'll wait for a reply before moving to the second step.
Refer ALP Election Promises
linghi11 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linghi11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2019 at 6:12pm
You’ve never seen bars or pubs where perfectly happy slightly pissed people leave the premises without issue? That’s like 99% of the places 99% of the time. Penalising everyone for the crime of a couple is immoral. Are there violence issues at these music festivals? (There may be, it’s a real question, I have no idea I’d rather pierce my own eardrums than attend)

*please do not assume I include ice in the ok drug pile, that stuff is just pure garbage and needs to be wiped.
to the victor
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2019 at 6:13pm
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

Alcohol and drugs don’t cause domestic violence, idiots (male and female) who like being violent cause DV, and I’d say their stupidity makes them predisposed to substance abuse. It takes more than one to tango, and I’m not victim blaming BUT even one episode should see them leaving, how they hang around for more I’ll never know. I suppose people have different expectations for what is acceptable. In my view it is a mostly socio-economic issue, a little bit like religion and poverty together turn out zealots, so does a combination of poverty and poor upbringing often result in thugs.
What a load of cobblers - obviously a close mate of the Judges. I think we need to take this step by step. First step - is it more or less likely that a person who is off their face with either alcohol or an illegal drug(or both) to act in an anti-social manner. If you are not sure - stand outside any hotel or nightclub late at night & monitor behaviour. I'll wait for a reply before moving to the second step.
Actually even a better idea. Take a video of the patrons arriving around 7.30pm - & take note of their pleasant , fun loving demeanour. Then take one of the same patrons around 1am in the morning as they leave the same premise. Hint - with the 1pm version pay particular attention to taxi queues & abuse of drivers, piddling against trees/walls, loud /aggressive voices, abusive language, lewd comments from males to girls & visa versa + lots of other bad behaviour. Analyse both films & see if you see any differences.  Again, I'll wait for a reply before I go to Step 2
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2019 at 6:17pm

You’ve never seen bars or pubs where perfectly happy slightly pissed people leave the premises without issue? That’s like 99% of the places 99% of the time. Penalising everyone for the crime of a couple is immoral. Are there violence issues at these music festivals? (There may be, it’s a real question, I have no idea I’d rather pierce my own eardrums than attend)

*please do not assume I include ice in the ok drug pile, that stuff is just pure garbage and needs to be wiped.
The question was pretty simple - are people more likely to act anti-socially when pie eyed linghi11 ?
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2019 at 6:24pm
Originally posted by Shrunk in the Wash Shrunk in the Wash wrote:

I’ve got 2 cousins who have fried their brains. Both now are schizophrenia. Drugs were the cause but the users will deny the science

I've got 100 former doper friends, acquaintances and relatives and none of them are schizophrenic
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2019 at 6:37pm
Ok - lets keep moving. In the states The Journal of the American Medical Association reported that in 92% of domestic violence cases had alcohol was being abused in either one or both of the partners. According to the Dept of Justice the same article claims 61% of Domestic Abusers have long-term substance abuse issues. So how on hell can you say "alcohol & drugs don't cause domestic violence" - its not only blatantly wrong it is irresponsible. Substance abuse & domestic violence go hand in hand. 
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2019 at 6:43pm
Offenders who are found guilty of domestic violence whilst abusing a substance should be banned from using again (at least for a decent period of time). If they fall off the wagon you lock them up. Domestic Violence rates would plummet
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2019 at 6:45pm

Offenders who are found guilty of domestic violence whilst abusing a substance should be banned from using again (at least for a decent period of time). If they fall off the wagon you lock them up. Domestic Violence rates would plummet
Wont happen of course. Everyone is fair dinkum about getting on top of this major issue in our society. Just not THAT fair dinkum
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2019 at 6:46pm
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

I've got 100 former doper friends, acquaintances and relatives and none of them are schizophrenic

Mere facts Tiaz, the dopes here just ignore them
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2019 at 6:51pm
Nah, you’re right whale, the stuffs harmless
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2019 at 6:55pm
With respect, not sure how much notice I'd take from a bloke with "100 doper friends, acquaintances & relatives". Sounds a touch biased to me
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2019 at 6:58pm
Originally posted by Whale Whale wrote:

This coming from the biggest dope who has told everyone the only reason he doesn't take drugs/alcohol is because he "wants to keep control". Derr - that's what we've been saying 
Tontonan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tontonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2019 at 7:56pm
If I am schizophrenic it's the first we have heard of it. 
Tontonan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tontonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2019 at 8:11pm

With respect, not sure how much notice I'd take from a bloke with "100 doper friends, acquaintances & relatives". Sounds a touch biased to me

I don't know.  I think I would pay him more notice than I would of someone who has never known any.  
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2019 at 8:21pm
My point is, anecdotes are not evidence. They are totally useless in a sound argument.
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2019 at 8:34pm

This coming from the biggest dope who has told everyone the only reason he doesn't take drugs/alcohol is because he "wants to keep control". Derr - that's what we've been saying 

no you said you did not take drugs because it is illegal and you were scared.

as for keeping control of my senses don't equate that with violent, anti social acts, for instance with drinks i don't like the slight brain foginess and slower reactions of your body, sometimes loss of control, nothing to do with what you are talking about.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2019 at 8:39pm
Originally posted by Tontonan Tontonan wrote:

I don't know.  I think I would pay him more notice than I would of someone who has never known any.  
Well I've got one nephew & 2 mates who all fried their brains as teenagers. All have never worked a productive day in their life (now early 40's) & are fully dependent on social welfare ( & their families). They are all on the same stuff - schizo drug - turns them into zombies for a day after taking it (sleep all day) - then have a couple of good days - then the cycle repeats. If they delay they become totally paranoid thinking everyone's out to get them. My nephew has often taken himself down to the police station many a time wanting to be locked up so THEY cant get him.
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2019 at 8:40pm
I knew quite a few of my flower child generation mob who were on the smoko all the time.  Peace man and all that BS.   Many are now dead and those that arnt might as well be as they are all away in La La Land.   The mind has gone walkabout for good.   Caused by that mind altering substance called ,,as they did back then,,mary jane .  Corny as hell when I think about it.  Only ever tried puffing away once and the smoke in my lungs caused me to cough my guts up and make me feel so sick, I never went there again.  And that was just smoko .  No telling the long term effects of ice etc.   I know one joker on ice went troppo, not far from here, and it took 6 big coppers to control him, so hands up for making that c**p legal .  Cry
animals before people.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2019 at 8:44pm

no you said you did not take drugs because it is illegal and you were scared.

as for keeping control of my senses don't equate that with violent, anti social acts, for instance with drinks i don't like the slight brain foginess and slower reactions of your body, sometimes loss of control, nothing to do with what you are talking about.
Think we need to "deep dive" that response Whale. You don't do substance abuse because you want to keep control of your senses - correct. So is it safe to assume that those that do are more likely to lose control of their senses ?  "Yes" will do
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2019 at 8:49pm
& your just being typical Whale. You would no more want your family members / friends using speed/cocaine/heroine than I would. And even dope causes issues long-term
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2019 at 8:51pm

[/QUOTE] Think we need to "deep dive" that response Whale. You don't do substance abuse because you want to keep control of your senses - correct. So is it safe to assume that those that do are more likely to lose control of their senses ?  "Yes" will do [/QUOTE]

your brilliant analytical, science brain wins again    NOT.

The point is not that they lose control of senses ,obviously they do, the question is what effect that has upon them Wink
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2019 at 8:54pm

Think we need to "deep dive" that response Whale. You don't do substance abuse because you want to keep control of your senses - correct. So is it safe to assume that those that do are more likely to lose control of their senses ?  "Yes" will do [/QUOTE]

your brilliant analytical, science brain wins again    NOT.

The point is not that they lose control of senses ,obviously they do, the question is what effect that has upon them Wink
[/QUOTE] Well is pretty bloody obvious I would have thought. Ask the coppers & the emergency services folk. And the disabled 
Tontonan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tontonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2019 at 8:56pm
See this is the problem.  You wont accept  Tlaz's anecdotal evidence which you regard as biased but you expect your anecdotal 'evidence' to be accepted as credible.   You can't have it both ways. 

I am happy to explore anecdotal evidence though.  

How did these people 'fry their brains' ?  What were they using ?  

oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2019 at 8:56pm
I'm not sure your not fibbing anyway Whale. You act like a person with major issues to me. Mad as a cut snake - or as mad as a meat axe - take your pick !
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2019 at 9:02pm
Originally posted by Tontonan Tontonan wrote:

See this is the problem.  You wont accept  Tlaz's anecdotal evidence which you regard as biased but you expect your anecdotal 'evidence' to be accepted as credible.   You can't have it both ways. 

I am happy to explore anecdotal evidence though.  

How did these people 'fry their brains' ?  What were they using ?  

Pls Tontonan - you don't have to believe me if you don't want to. By all means take Tlaz's rosy view over the police, the emergency response folk, the mental health experts, the squillion scientific papers & so on. Drugs do not harm - they do not fry peoples brains - they do not make people become anti-social - on the contrary their use should be encouraged. There you go - happy now 
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2019 at 9:05pm
Penny to peanuts those supporting substance abuse have been using same on & off themselves. Blinded by the light !
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 14>