Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

MORE DRUG DEATHS - Event Date: 13 Jan 2019

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 14>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 1:29pm
They may well have lapped it up. Buggered if I know. I watched 30 seconds of it and changed Chanel
Who cares
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 1:31pm
Originally posted by JudgeHolden JudgeHolden wrote:

Originally posted by Shrunk in the Wash Shrunk in the Wash wrote:

So we should ban gambling, drugs and alcohol? All of these have at times devastating impacts on society they are somewhat mitigated by the revenue they bring in (to fund things like thehorse racing industry, for example). And safety- during prohibition people were drinking wood alcohols and all sorts of nasty stuff they had no idea were it came from, often with devastating consequences. Or making it themselves.

Making gambling illegal would simply drive it underground into the hands of organised crime (loan sharks, vigs, “collection” gentlemen etc), and deprive the government of revenue it will have to collect by other means.

People are going to take drugs anyway- may as well make it safer and make a buck out of it by regulating it.

Using that line we should legalise everything. Throw out the rule book

Not at all. You can apply the rule book much better if you have control. You support horse racing so presumably you support gambling. Your position is entirely hypocritical.

Umm, you’re wrong on both counts
JudgeHolden View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 1:33pm
So you don’t condone gambling?
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 1:33pm
he likes boxing
Mr Prospector View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Prospector Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 1:39pm
https://www.npr.org/sections/money/2018/12/19/678387515/episode-882-synthetic-reefer-madness

The link above is a podcast about synthetic cannabis and how it was developed and how it gets into the market in the west . It touches on how and where these drugs come from and what they cost to manufacture and what the mark up is . 
To summarise it asserts that since the drug companies in the west moved into manufacturing in China , the consequence was a drug literate well educated section of the Chinese economy . 

Some of the shadier or more enterprising now troll all published western literature on drug research that is and has to be published to be pier reviewed . 
One chemist they interviewed had published a paper with a narcotic side effect of a chemical mix he was testing on rats . Within a few months that drug was being produced and out in the black market being sold to young kids . 
All you need is an internet connection and a minimal understanding of chemistry and you're in business .

I understand the argument against drug testing at these music festivals but its not a black and white issue .   
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 1:41pm
Originally posted by linghi11 linghi11 wrote:

Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

Kids take pills because the alcohol costs ruined by excessive taxes make a day or night out drinking unaffordable.

Now Linghi, kids can afford booze. WinkYou only have to look at the young ones getting into it at the races any Sat arvo.  And the cost of grog at the track is about double what you pay for the same thing in a local club.  Or see them spilling out of pubs smashed off their faces at closing time, fighting and falling about.Cry

Yep AA...   linghi is like most comments , No idea of the subject.

I can buy you all the wine you can drink for $5 a bottle ( or less )
It is much cheaper than water.
( Lindeman's Bin 95 Savignor advertised at liquirland today for $5 )

Many load up at home and are well pizzed before the outing starts.

Town kids won’t touch cask wine- a night of vodka sodas, sugary premixes or cocktails is $10-23 a pop will be in the $100-250 range, couple of pills will set them back $50 or so and last 6h+. It was half the reason for cover charge and $5 water in the Cross. People took pills and didn’t spend any money in the club. If you two think you know anything about the party scene or the kids more so than myself, when was the last time you went clubbing? Swinging 60’s?

I have to - great, great, Grandkids laid on Linghi.

( 5 generations )living and the mix represents, what one would expect.
Good/bad choices, a lot of compassion & help where needed , but some are hell bent on self destruct , others thrive on opportunity and good advice.
You learn over time = YOU CAN'T CHANGE A LETTUCE INTO A CABBAGE.
A dead set "druggie" doesn't only destroy themselves , They take whole families down with them .        .AND With so many of our young choosing that path , Society suffers big time .
The percentage who are unemployable , with a young , drug/alcohol infested mind is growing faster than is sustainable.
Humans only respond to stiff discipline & ENFORCED Laws. Read how Lee Kuan Yew straightened out Singapore.     
He warned Bob Hawke where we were heading = How right he was.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 1:51pm

No, gambling as with grog and smokes, in the large part, are a bite on the arse of society.
Do you agree?
linghi11 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linghi11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 1:51pm
Macca I’m afraid the drugs aren’t the root cause of all the trouble, but rather the symptom of a failing society. We have people with no hope for the future breeding year in year out, there will never be jobs for those kids, they’ll never have a purpose. We’ve forgotten how to discipline and set healthy boundaries for children.
to the victor
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 1:52pm
Originally posted by Mr Prospector Mr Prospector wrote:

[
I understand the argument against drug testing at these music festivals but its not a black and white issue .   

Very true
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 1:55pm

Macca I’m afraid the drugs aren’t the root cause of all the trouble, but rather the symptom of a failing society. We have people with no hope for the future breeding year in year out, there will never be jobs for those kids, they’ll never have a purpose. We’ve forgotten how to discipline and set healthy boundaries for children.

I would love to know the circumstances around the family life of young girl who died on the weekend.

If I was her father I Also would l8ke to know where she got the dodgy pills from as well
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 1:55pm

No, gambling as with grog and smokes, in the large part, are a bite on the arse of society.
Do you agree?

So you’d support making gambling illegal? Wow, that’s a bold statement on a horse racing forum.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 2:01pm

Do you agree?

So you’d support making gambling illegal? Wow, that’s a bold statement on a horse racing forum.

No,it’s too institutionalised to do so
Now answer my question. “gambling as with grog and smokes, in the large part, are a bite on the arse of society.
Do you agree?
Mr Prospector View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Prospector Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 2:03pm

I would love to know the circumstances around the family life of young girl who died on the weekend.

If I was her father I Also would l8ke to know where she got the dodgy pills from as well

The podcast link indicated that you could buy 1Kilo of the drug for $3500 that was probably manufactured for less than $100 and that could give you 500,000 to 1Million doses and retailed at one lousy dollar a pop . 

You could probably order a months supply for $10 on the internet . God knows whats in it though ! 
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 2:09pm
   The famous word MODERATION has been asleep. Get REALISTIC.

A day at the races / Club , Pokies whatever, is no different to any other entertainment costs.

We are closing our tourist attractions / Industries, in the Cross by way of lock out laws, to cater for substance abusers who should be OFF THE ROADS & OFF THE STREETS.

A LAW isn't worth a monkey's bum if it's not enforced.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 2:11pm

Do you agree?

Now answer my question. “gambling as with grog and smokes, in the large part, are a bite on the arse of society.
Do you agree?

Too institutionalised

You’re not paying attention. People are going to drink, gamble and take drugs legal or not. ATM with drugs were just playing into the hands of criminals.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 2:13pm
I note you didn’t answer my question
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 2:16pm

Do you agree?

Do you agree?

Too institutionalised

You’re not paying attention. People are going to drink, gamble and take drugs legal or not. ATM with drugs were just playing into the hands of criminals.
    The Most Criminals of the Drug trade are USERS.
            AND the easiest for laws to get at.
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 2:23pm

Do you agree?

Do you agree?

Too institutionalised

It sounds like we have a hypocrit on our hands Judge!

We should not be telling people what they can and can’t put in their own bodies. The government does not own my body. While I have no interest at all in taking any type of currently illegal drug, I should be allowed to if I choose.

They should all be legal but heavily regulated and taxed like other vices are. Tax revenue can be used to treat the adverse effects just as they are for gambling addictions, smokers etc. Any antisocial behaviour as a result should of course be punished serverly just like it is in any other situation.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 2:23pm
It’s a very complex question. Most people can drink, gamble and even take drugs in a non self destructive fashion. Many others can’t, so these things need regulation, not criminalisation which imo simply makes things worse. It’s a question of minimising the harm, you’ll never eradicate it.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 2:29pm

It’s a very complex question. Most people can drink, gamble and even take drugs in a non self destructive fashion. Many others can’t, so these things need regulation, not criminalisation which imo simply makes things worse. It’s a question of minimising the harm, you’ll never eradicate it.

Of course you’ll never eradicate it. However, I believe that legalising it will legitimise it and lead to greater use. Just as alcohol is socially acceptable

I know from my experience that I was too scared to try any drugs, in the main, due to the fact they were illegal and bad for you. There was a deterrent factor involved. There was not with alcohol
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 2:32pm
Anyways, I’m off to the airport. Coolangatta, here I come
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 2:36pm

Watch out for illegal Indonesians flooding out of Brisbane. Wink
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 3:05pm

We havnt forgotten how to disciplin children at all.  We just arnt allowed to disciplin them any more.   Cops have to be so careful or they get called out for abuse.  Parents get reported for a smack on the leg. Even the blokes running the child detention centres are powerless to stop the feral little bastads throwing their sh1t in their faces.
Its all too precious now and one must not tell a child NO. 
Not to mention paying ferals to breed.  Cry
animals before people.
linghi11 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linghi11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 3:21pm
I was in a jewellery shop where a mother was letting her 2-3yo toddler climb into a glass, jewellery filled cabinet. When the store manager politely said no, you can’t do that - the mother turned around and screeched that they don’t use word no at home. That, AA, is how you raise entitled little idiots who will think it’s their god given right to do stupid things.
to the victor
linghi11 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linghi11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 3:28pm

Most likely from kids at her school. Other question is whether the pill was dodgy or she popped 6 of them.
to the victor
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 4:36pm
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

Bit like the reality show on the ABC about morbidly obese people. The real problem is not what their stuffing in their gobs every 5 minutes - its the underlying issues that's causing them to do that. The problem is these underlying issues seem to be a bit hard to diagnose - & even harder to fix if they ever are. Which brings you back to people continuing to shuv food down their throats - because hey - its the underlying issues causing it !

they're

how is your body shape going, settled in for 2 weeks tennis watching with the packets of corn chips resting on your stomach ready to shove in your gob and gallons of Coke by your side
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 5:22pm
I've often wondered.

WHY such things like HOUSE & /or Suburb curfews aren't used to restrict some unlawful behaviour.

Why don't we have a licence, to be on licenced premises.

Why don't they build more Gaols .

Why don't we have Chain Gangs .

Why not do, what successful Countries do. Hang em.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 5:53pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Watch out for illegal Indonesians flooding out of Brisbane. Wink

Bloody plane delayed.1.5hrs. Bloody overload with Indo's
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 6:17pm
Surely they let white bread board first?  Shocked 
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 6:28pm

I was in a jewellery shop where a mother was letting her 2-3yo toddler climb into a glass, jewellery filled cabinet. When the store manager politely said no, you can’t do that - the mother turned around and screeched that they don’t use word no at home. That, AA, is how you raise entitled little idiots who will think it’s their god given right to do stupid things.

Yes, we are seeing the results of generations now.  Most likely Mum was raised that way as well.
I know I would never have thought about doing something like that because i always knew if I broke it my parents would have to pay for it.  Now parents take no responsibility for their kids, hence we have idiots like that one of Linghi,s growing up  to haunt us.
animals before people.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 14>