Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Magic Millions Day 2019

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Magic Millions Day 2019
    Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 7:45pm
Can't believe there isn't a thread for this.

2yo looks a great betting race, keen on Movie Role at a price
Lord Hybrow View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord Hybrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 8:34pm
Originally posted by Heavy10 Heavy10 wrote:

The Raceday really doesn’t deserve its own thread IMO.

Sales restricted racing.....yuck!! Rewarding mediocre horses racing with massive prize money, just doesn’t sit well with me.

That said, best of luck to the connections that strike it rich.

djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 8:38pm
Interestingly it is built on a 2yo race yet the races opened to older horses look better than the 2 and 3 year old races. 
reductio ad absurdum
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 8:44pm
Dunbrody Power in the maiden.
Heavy10 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 9:03pm
Originally posted by Lord Hybrow Lord Hybrow wrote:

Sales restricted racing.....yuck!! Rewarding mediocre horses racing with massive prize money, just doesn’t sit well with me.

The last 3 winners of the 2yo race go OK...
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 10:19pm
Looks a good meeting overall.

Think the 3yo race has lost a bit with no Native Soldier and Ljungberg.

Was all over Czarson in the classic before the draw. Movie Role and Better Reflection the best at double figures.

Houtzen and Invincebella look the main players for multis.

Tally looks well placed but like Surprise Bullet at good odds to run a place.

Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
MJB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 1:03am
Stay well clear of backmarkers in my opinion. There'll be plenty of hard luck stories in these capacity fields. So much is dependent on the ride and getting luck at the right time.

I don't think l'll be betting but if l do l'll be looking for horses who will settle just off the speed with ideally some room to move into the race.

If Outback Barbie gets a split it will just win. Bit short though.

As for the 2 year olds - I was on Exhilarates last week and obviously she was super impressive but l don't know if l want to take $4.60 about her backing up against a much stronger field. She's a chance but so are many others. $4.60 isn't appealing to me.

I'll be intrigued to see what Usain Bowler does. That last start Flemington win down the straight was something else. But it's a completely different ball game tomorrow.

Good meeting. Competitive fields but tough to find a winner l reckon.
Brudder_A View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brudder_A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 8:47am
Originally posted by Lord Hybrow Lord Hybrow wrote:

Beats 5 horse fields @ Morphettville...

Brudder_A View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brudder_A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 8:51am
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

Interestingly it is built on a 2yo race yet the races opened to older horses look better than the 2 and 3 year old races. 

And that's the way it should be...

Given the chance, horses maturing should improve.

Also I'm sure how often 2YOs in these Restricted Catalog Races go on and win The Golden Slippers or Blue Diamond.
jimbob04 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimbob04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 9:45am
lotto
crooked_gambler View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crooked_gambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 10:21am
Wtf is going with Sylpheed

This space has been intentionally left blank
sowong View Drop Down
Foal
Foal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sowong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 1:30pm
Wow! Mr Markou $133 BSP wins the 2nd, what an absolute training masterclass by Currie!
linghi11 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linghi11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 1:32pm
Shouldn’t be allowed near a racecourse like his son. Making a mockery of Racing Queensland.
to the victor
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 2:34pm
Split second there in the straight where I thought Sylpheed owner was a genius
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crooked_gambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 2:35pm
Sylpheed did a remarkable job. She was just outbobbed by old Tally who is no slouch.
Heavy10 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 3:05pm
Originally posted by MJB MJB wrote:

Stay well clear of backmarkers in my opinion. There'll be plenty of hard luck stories in these capacity fields. So much is dependent on the ride and getting luck at the right time.

I don't think l'll be betting but if l do l'll be looking for horses who will settle just off the speed with ideally some room to move into the race.

As for the 2 year olds - I was on Exhilarates last week and obviously she was super impressive but l don't know if l want to take $4.60 about her backing up against a much stronger field. She's a chance but so are many others. $4.60 isn't appealing to me.

I'll be intrigued to see what Usain Bowler does. That last start Flemington win down the straight was something else. But it's a completely different ball game tomorrow.

Track playing well, backmarkers getting their chance
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 3:14pm
Deary me!!!! I can't & shouldn't complain but oh....what might have been & I did take a 1st 4 at Flem the previous race.
Took this 4 horse Q then Exact'd Houtzen both ways with them. Did also have $5W on each but.......

Horse Racing - Exotic Box Quinella (QLD) BoxQuinella - 1,2,4,7
Stake: $1.00 - Flexi: 100%
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crooked_gambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 3:36pm
Track has played the best it has in years imo
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 3:45pm
Originally posted by Gay3 Gay3 wrote:

Deary me!!!! I can't & shouldn't complain but oh....what might have been & I did take a 1st 4 at Flem the previous race.
Took this 4 horse Q then Exact'd Houtzen both ways with them. Did also have $5W on each but.......

Horse Racing - Exotic Box Quinella (QLD)  Gold Coast Race 5  BoxQuinella - 1,2,4,7
Stake: $1.00 - Flexi: 100% 

Just like that Trifecta and First Four you didn't take the other day.  Cry

Can't you screw a few extra bob out of the other half so you can really cover your bets?

MJB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 3:57pm

Track playing well, backmarkers getting their chance

Yep you're right. Track is very even which is a nice surprise.

I'm going to back one at 100/1. Paquirri in the next. It's over the odds. I thought he was unlucky in the Gosford Guineas. That form has already stood up today.
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 4:10pm
Hey MJB, was it your cash that caused Paquirri to shorten 20 pointsfixed?  Wink
MJB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 4:14pm
Yes, l would say so

Into 60/1 now. 100's was clearly overs.

But it means absolutely nothing if it doesn't run into the money. Can't eat odds.
goldey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 4:20pm
Protest 2nd v1st gold coast IMHO
MJB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 4:22pm
Ran very well l thought.

It just wasn't a race suited to backmarkers.

If it drew a gate it would have been thereabouts.

Worth following if it's placed in an easier race.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crooked_gambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 4:26pm
Get on next start, but price won’t be the same
Heavy10 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 4:55pm
Had small play Sebrekate and Movie Role in big one.. No idea though, could be carnage with the chances coming across early from wide
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crooked_gambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 4:55pm
I’ll be cheering for Better Reflection
One for the little guy
Heavy10 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 5:05pm
Sebrekate never got a crack at them, wasn't a bad run for a $70 shot..wish he had come wide with winner.

That lead up race week before on Goldy is the good form for this race
MJB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 5:06pm
Exhilarates. Wow. Massive win.

Had no right to be anywhere near the finish. What a filly.
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 5:14pm

Exhilarates. Wow. Massive win.

Had no right to be anywhere near the finish. What a filly.

Smart tactics by McEvoy. The speed was always going to be solid and she had the last say.
Well done James Cummings and KMac (AKA the best jockey in Oz).
I started with nothing and still have most of it left
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>