Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Friday Racing Blog January 11 2019

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Friday Racing Blog January 11 2019
    Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 7:14am
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Dizzy View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 7:29am
Good morning Gay3 and all. Big smile
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 3:23pm
One bet for me today.

Shrug ran a nice 2nd in a barrier trial behind Avon River who is city class so can mix it with this field.
The fav will be the hardest to beat imo after a Canterbury trial win, but I think there is a class factor in Shrugs favour. It'll cost me if I'm wrong though....LOL

• FO

I started with nothing and still have most of it left
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 3:25pm
She will need to be good to carry that baggage. 
reductio ad absurdum
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 3:27pm
This one is about to sell on the Gold Coast, She is out of a sister to the beaten favourite in the first at Hamilton. 

reductio ad absurdum
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 3:30pm
Passed in at $270,000.

She looks like a rocket.

reductio ad absurdum
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 3:46pm
Ouch well all I can do is Shrug my shoulders.

Didn't run anything like the filly who trialed.
Back to the formguide for tomorrow.
I started with nothing and still have most of it left
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 3:47pm
Originally posted by scamanda scamanda wrote:

Ouch well all I can do is Shrug my shoulders.

Didn't run anything like the filly who trialed.
Back to the formguide for tomorrow.

Do not want to be a smart ass but I will be, That jockey booking was a head scratcher. 
reductio ad absurdum
crooked_gambler View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crooked_gambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 4:12pm
Rep from Maher stable sent a strong message to RacingVic after the disappointing performance in the first. Do something about ReguMate please.... filly needs it.
This space has been intentionally left blank
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 4:39pm
Who's the big bloke (Matty something) doing the interviews at Hamilton?

Reckon he's doing a fine job.
MJB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 7:09pm
Gosford race 7. S Weatherley clocked off there. He took a look at the big screen and thought he was home. I know it's very minor but it's ultimately cost his horse the outright win.

Stewards of course will do nothing.

I know there's nothing suspicious at play but they still need to be rubbed out in these situations.
Sir Gov View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sir Gov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 7:12pm
Le Lude should have won by panels. Weatherley lucky he got the dead heat.
MJB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 7:23pm
Not really. Why should it have won by panels? R Dolan rode his horse a treat. Barrier 9. He's managed to rail up and save ground. You gotta remember they don't run in lanes. You're not going to get an unbelievable run throughout. Especially not in a big field at a gelati track like Gosford.

If he hooks 7 and 8 wide he doesn't get near the leader.

Dolan's ride was 10/10 in my book.
MJB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 7:26pm
I had no financial interest in the race. All l'm saying is Weatherley clocked off. If he rides to the post which all jockeys are instructed to then he wins the race.

Yes, l can also see which horse l'd rather take home. There's no question about that. If the race was run at Newcastle or Randwick then the Dolan horse beats it home by 5 running away.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crooked_gambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 7:29pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

Who's the big bloke (Matty something) doing the interviews at Hamilton?

Reckon he's doing a fine job.

Matty Stewart. He’s a Warrnambool boy.
Covers the meetings in Western Vic for Racing.com

Loves a chat
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crooked_gambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 7:34pm
Just made her debut and picked up a place at big odds.
Must have an interesting back story

SOLODKA

6yo Bay Mare
D.O.B: 22-Oct-2012
by HELENE MASCOT (IRE) from SWEETKYIVSURPRISE
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crooked_gambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 10:04pm
8 out of 8 for the locals at Cranny tonight.

Club will be giving all patrons on course, free tickets for next week on the way out
MJB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 12:23am
Originally posted by MJB MJB wrote:

Gosford race 7. S Weatherley clocked off there. He took a look at the big screen and thought he was home. I know it's very minor but it's ultimately cost his horse the outright win.

Stewards of course will do nothing.

I know there's nothing suspicious at play but they still need to be rubbed out in these situations.

Walk The Runway - When questioned regarding his riding out of the mare over the final 100m, App. S Weatherley stated that his mount, which was having its first race start, raced greenly when placed under pressure and initially shifted outwards, obliging him to change his whip through to his left hand passing the 100m. He said that, after striking his mount with the whip in his left hand, he felt it commence to shift in and, as he could hear a runner improving to his inside, he looked at the infield screen to ascertain whether his mount would cause interference to that runner. He added that for this reason he desisted from applying the whip over the final 75m as he felt that his mount would continue to shift in, however, he rode his mount with full vigour hands and heels over the final 75m. App. Weatherley was told that, whilst Stewards accepted his explanation for not applying the whip over the final 75m and were satisfied that he rode his mount at full vigour during this time, he was nevertheless advised against unnecessarily looking around during races.
 Post Reply Post Reply