Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Any musos here?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Any musos here?
    Posted: 08 Jan 2019 at 6:59pm
Any one on TBV who is/ was into making music? Call it hitting the 40s but I've been mucking round with recording long lost songs using apps etc these Summer hols and find it very frustrating in some ways and way too easy in others. Whatever happened to a bunch of people trying to put a good song together? The few times I've hit the old stomping grounds in recent years I've been amazed that live bands are a thing of the past and it's all about DJs, laptops and loops these days.

Just interested in the thoughts of those who have given it a go at some time in their lives, or young ones who are into the latest things.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2019 at 7:02pm
I think PT is half way through the conversion process Stayer
Refer ALP Election Promises
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2019 at 7:04pm
Fiddlesticks is creative with music. Posted plenty of his originals in the music thread
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2019 at 7:13pm
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

Fiddlesticks is creative with music. Posted plenty of his originals in the music thread

Yes listened to a couple.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2019 at 7:21pm
One of my few regrets in life that I didn't get involved in music. Too busy getting belted playing footy, chasing girls & partying. Would love to be able to play the guitar, & pull it out at parties & get sing-alongs going. Would have also loved to be in a rock band. Must be a great buzz up on stage. Oh well....maybe not too late to start learning the guitar...although the rock band option MIGHT be a touch late.
Dizzy View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2019 at 7:23pm
Live bands are big here. You can see a band live across Canberra nearly every night.
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2019 at 7:38pm
Originally posted by Dizzy Dizzy wrote:

Live bands are big here. You can see a band live across Canberra nearly every night.

There's nothing in Melbourne! On NYE I got to see a decent live bloke in Echuca singing/ playing with a backing track (!), singing good songs that the crowd all loved. It was the bloke being up there that made it better than just playing the karaoke versions of the songs.
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2019 at 7:42pm
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

One of my few regrets in life that I didn't get involved in music. Too busy getting belted playing footy, chasing girls & partying. Would love to be able to play the guitar, & pull it out at parties & get sing-alongs going. Would have also loved to be in a rock band. Must be a great buzz up on stage. Oh well....maybe not too late to start learning the guitar...although the rock band option MIGHT be a touch late.

I only did a few gigs myself but yes it was fun! I miss it. Simple times.
 Post Reply Post Reply