Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Nothing Changes

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 8:07pm
Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

WHERE do I start ...= I'm Staggered by this hypocrecy.

I get a mention on sexual innuendos and failure to be banned , from a deluded lady who has worked hard to run the show and present holier than though when it suits.
Then sends a few lines of an imaginary book that was pure childish filth
which made me wonder ?     Is there nothing working on the left or right side of her great longitudinal fissure.
Shame on you J.J .       . > have a long look at your hyper self and increase whatever is supposed to help your grandeur.

"hypocrisy"

what makes you think the book is imaginary?

Wink  
Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 8:09pm
the Dead Pool thread is now being turned into a cat-fight...

so much for humour...

nothing changes...

maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 8:10pm
Originally posted by jujuno jujuno wrote:

I get a mention on sexual innuendos and failure to be banned , from a deluded lady who has worked hard to run the show and present holier than though when it suits.
which made me wonder ?     Is there nothing working on the left or right side of her great longitudinal fissure.
Shame on you J.J .       . > have a long look at your hyper self and increase whatever is supposed to help your grandeur.

talking about sex isn't the issue, Macca...your jokes demean women...but hey, the great Cheeto says "ooooh, that's not bad"...

I would hardly call what I wrote, 'filth'. It is an honest account of a couple in love...big deal!!!

Go for it JJ.    The cycle will have you back in the Box in quick time.     Enough said as my feeling are for your suffering.

On the subject, honest account of a couple in love .     "Show me where that book of love" suggests the encounter ends up in a ravenous diet of seedless water melon.

( I'm giving you too many hints for your next publication )
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 8:22pm
Originally posted by Dizzy Dizzy wrote:

Isaac, I promise to make more of an effort to support you and all those being cyber bullied when required.

I am constantly bullied Cry
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 8:26pm

anyone else would have been suspended for your furnaces comment, but I intervened on your behalf Thumbs Up
Dizzy View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 8:27pm

Anyone who takes someone with the moniker "Dizzy" seriously.....

Joking all, although cyber bullying is an issue I do not see it as too much of a problem here

Whale, note the above.   

JJ, thread needs to be changed to Dizzy joins in...for a short time.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 8:28pm
US federal workers are not working for nothing are they ?

I amean, OK, whilst they will not be paid on pay day they will eventually be paid wont they ?
reductio ad absurdum
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 8:31pm
Originally posted by Isaac soloman Isaac soloman wrote:

dizzy

you are extremely choosy about what you read on tbv

for one

read the piece on charities

and who started the thread.

and that was a fyi 

as are many of my threads.

Yes you started the thread and nobody has attacked you in that thread. Dr E attacked SC and he has been attacked for his ridiculous self promoting $500,000 post. Don't get paranoid Isaac
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 8:45pm

I've barely been over here all year...been busy with 'real life'. A wedding (with all the trappings and parties), countless weekends away to watch football, with my teams performing creditably all year (the Aussie ones, anyhow), Melbourne for a week for GF fun (the loss was incidental, it was a winning year for Bucks and the boys), a trip to London for a special visit to the grave of the person who inspired my books (two written, one published, two more started...busy busy), a new man in my life (keeping me occupied, so I don't get into mischief...oh wait...we do!!!), promotional work for the book (thankfully all done at present), a very sick elderly mother to worry about, and endless visits to my two grandchildren (of the furry kind...thank god, no brats yet...please...)

on the odd occasions I've popped over here, one thing has struck me...NOTHING CHANGES...

the same culprits are still arguing with each other about the same inane subjects...

no-one has opened their minds to even remotely understand the other side of the argument...

this site demonstrates how brainwashing started in infancy, either by religious or political bias...

Macca is still getting away with innuendos and outright revolting sexual jokes that would have anyone else banned...

PT is still claiming the middle ground while his chair tilts more and more to the left...

Dr E and his right-wing cohorts are still living under the spell of some magic fairy dust that has turned their brains to air ... "oooh, that's bad..." says their leader, the idiot Cheeto...

no-one knows what to do with their collection of Kevin Spacey movies or The House of Cards dvd...(do we keep them hidden but watch them after everyone has gone to bed?...or do we show some gumption and trash them?...)  hmmm..."but I liked him before he was a deviate..."

Isaac is still foraging for a reason for existence...his, at least...if he keeps posting new topics, at least there is visual proof that the missing link exists...

poor old Whale is still copping a hiding to nothing for...nothing...maybe for being a blubberer...Confused  

this site was once a stimulating place to visit for some good-old-fashioned banter, discussion and the occasional piece of wit...now it is just a mine-field, waiting to trap a poor sucker and blow his brains to mush...
Image result for brains being blown to mush

Great way to change it!
But I kind of agree. And hope your mum's OK.
I can't remember this part of the forum being any different, and I used to read it with bemusement a few years back. I only joined in one day because Fiddles said it needed some fresh people.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 9:12pm
If anyone is after heated debate , Religion , Politics & Climate Change are sure winners.
Always overtaken by we fanatical types and the Tug-a-War over time is endless.
Man - Woman competitive banter, draws the crowds & the more "smut" the happier the audience.       Kevin Bluddy Wilson doesn't have vacant seats at his shows.
I love Women actually , as long as they are agnostic , right wingers,
realistic on climate cycles and do as their told.
How am I demeaning the ladies when I argue that the same percentage should be in the various work places as the percentage who gain the qualifications and apply.      eg Politics =    Only 10% of women stand for election , 90% men .   Soooo   what entitles them to 50% of the front bench Ministers.     
(as applies in Qld.)           
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 9:29pm

Joking all, although cyber bullying is an issue I do not see it as too much of a problem here

Whale, note the above.   

Welcome aboard DIZZY .     You are the bright light the Joffs area needs, to brighten up our days.
Don't let those lefty , radicalised, climate change psychotics , derail you from being the sane tranfusion , that has been missing since Brook was banned.    Leaving us with only JJ who failed the hip, measurement test.
Isaac soloman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 9:34pm
what is the point of a defender of the bullied

if you wear blinkers?

no wonder the world is as it is.

no laughs.
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 9:35pm
Are you still sooking Isaac?

Dizzy said she was joking.
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 9:53pm

Whale, note the above.   

Welcome aboard DIZZY .     You are the bright light the Joffs area needs, to brighten up our days.
Don't let those lefty , radicalised, climate change psychotics , derail you from being the sane tranfusion , that has been missing since Brook was banned.    Leaving us with only JJ who failed the hip, measurement test.

And don't let the brain washed, fearful of anyone who is different control freak rightards derail you either!
Isaac soloman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 9:58pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

Forgetting TV for a moment, am disappointed the way some members have stuck das boots into you of recent times Isaac.ShockedWink

where were you then dizzy?

pt

more like incensed.

and it figures dizzy is a female.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 11:48pm
Originally posted by Isaac soloman Isaac soloman wrote:

<table width="99%" style="color: rgb0, 0, 0; font-size: 12px; : rgb251, 251, 253;"><t><tr><td ="BBquote" style="width: 1634.78px;">Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

Forgetting TV for a moment, am disappointed the way some members have stuck das boots into you of recent times Isaac.ShockedWink

</td></tr></t></table><div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">
<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">where were you then dizzy?<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">
<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">pt<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">
<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">more like incensed.<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">
<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">and it figures dizzy is a female.

That's what we need some true Ladies.   Dizzy fits the bill.

More curves than the road to Bulli,    Lips like petals , ( bicycle petals )    Ears like flowers , ( cauliflowers ,) Teeth like the stars , ( they come out of a night ) AND an arz like a Mouse , A hippopotamouse.

But I
ya Dizzy.
Dizzy View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2019 at 7:27am
With compliments like that, how can I not stay and chat with you all. Embarrassed

Luv ya too maccamax. HeartLOL

Oh and Isaac, love you too. Hug

maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2019 at 12:06pm

With compliments like that, how can I not stay and chat with you all. Embarrassed

Luv ya too maccamax. HeartLOL

Oh and Isaac, love you too. Hug

It is like the happy , Country style family Farm , our TBV .

You go to Joff's for the Pork products
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2019 at 12:09pm
Oh yeah? ..............Dizzy pokes a toe in the water & immediately gets attacked Shocked
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2019 at 12:34pm
Originally posted by Gay3 Gay3 wrote:

Oh yeah? ..............Dizzy pokes a toe in the water & immediately gets attacked Shocked

NEVER gay3...    Dizzy is one of the most respected people on the show.

A reserved , basically shy sweetheart who ventured into Joffs and has handled some humour in fine style.
Dizzy View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2019 at 12:51pm

All good Gay, although I don't think I was attacked. Big smile  Just someone taking offence at my comment, we are all entitled to our own opinions.

acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2019 at 1:18pm
welcome to the funny farm, dizzy LOL  look what you have been missing Wink
animals before people.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2019 at 1:50pm
this is a perfect example of what I described...the thread has gone to the Dapto dogs...pointless accusations, retorts, Macca's banal innuendos and no sane or adult discussion of the problems I outlined. 

by the way...for all who asked about Joff....courtesy of Baguette...

"The man the bar was named in honour of. Our gracious Mayor , deemed this space worthy of his nom de plume and contributions.
Ya see, early doors there were few posters on this site. We had a plethora -I love that word- of learned and worthwhile contributors.
Much like today. He would love what this place has become.
 But, Joffa -Jeff his nieces called him uncle Joff- has been in a better place , though he'd argue that, for a more than a few years now.
So lets raise a glass to the Carlton supporting journalist who could make you think and laugh so hard you forgot he was a Blues fan.
Over to Runfer, Mayor, Skip, Kanga, Questions , Gay and ALL of you who come here. If you dont know ask, as this place is his place"

maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2019 at 2:17pm

this is a perfect example of what I described...the thread has gone to the Dapto dogs...pointless accusations, retorts, Macca's banal innuendos and no sane or adult discussion of the problems I outlined. 

by the way...for all who asked about Joff....courtesy of Baguette...

<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;"> "The man the bar was named in honour of. Our gracious Mayor , deemed this space worthy of his nom de plume and contributions.</span><div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">Ya see, early doors there were few posters on this site. We had a plethora -I love that word- of learned and worthwhile contributors.
<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">Much like today. He would love what this place has become.<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;"> But, Joffa -Jeff his nieces called him uncle Joff- has been in a better place , though he'd argue that, for a more than a few years now.<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">So lets raise a glass to the Carlton supporting journalist who could make you think and laugh so hard you forgot he was a Blues fan.<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">Over to Runfer, Mayor, Skip, Kanga, Questions , Gay and ALL of you who come here. If you dont know ask, as this place is his place"

If it wasn't for a few posters in Joffs there would be NO TBV.

An area that generates heated activity by the very nature of differing opinions.
No one has bled to death as a result.
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2019 at 2:37pm
[

[/QUOTE]
    If it wasn't for a few posters in Joffs there would be NO TBV.

An area that generates heated activity by the very nature of differing opinions.
No one has bled to death as a result.[/QUOTE]

wrong again, you just can't get anything right can you Confused

Racing Forum - 32971 topics   853729 posts

Joffs All Sports Bar - 5665 topics  354038 posts

And plenty of posts in other sections as well

Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2019 at 2:38pm

Not by me, I really hate the viciousness on TBV Ouch
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2019 at 3:41pm
Originally posted by Whale Whale wrote:

Not by me, I really hate the viciousness on TBV Ouch

You have a future in comedy.

BTW =   The posts in other threads are a light from other years.
I would suggest the situation has changed big time since.

When Doc & Rusty were out , things slowed to a crawl.
Prince of Penzance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prince of Penzance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2019 at 5:32pm
Must be school holidays. The kids are taking over TBV again
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2019 at 5:35pm
Originally posted by Prince of Penzance Prince of Penzance wrote:

Must be school holidays. The kids are taking over TBV again

Your post does support that opinion.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2019 at 10:30pm
I disagree with the implication of the thread title jj - it's not Joff's that has changed, it's you.

I recall you as being angry, arrogant, judgemental, intolerant, offensive, pompous, biased, obstinate, opinionated, egotistical, cantankerous, boorish and egotistical.

... but you don't seem so angry now.Smile
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>