Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Nothing Changes

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 5:24pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

Originally posted by jujuno jujuno wrote:

Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

Starc just got a wicket.

That just sounds like Centrist effing bullshyte to me.  * sorry Djebel, only attempting to hone my debating skills. 

it's actually pinko propaganda... and 'debating' is hardly the word to use for what goes on over here... 

But there's still some fun tit-for JJ, eg your "pinko" reference.  Are you referring to our left-wing pinkos or the Glenn McGrath cricket/cancer promos, that is the question.  Tongue

And you used the term "debating" above, whereas some of us suspect almost without saying so that  "debasing" was the word you were cleverly alluding to but not exactly spelling out.  Wink

Then again, I may be entirely misreading....Embarrassed

you sound like you might enjoy a copy of my book...you get me...Clap

Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 5:57pm
Originally posted by Gay3 Gay3 wrote:

Joffs & General are now best described as the bowels or dungeons of TBV, only frequented by the intrepid & immune to abuse Ouch
Hidden posts? Where would I start? Suspensions? There'd be less than a handful of posters left!
Vigorous debate (if you can call it that Confused)? The mayor encourages it so these forums are the 'go to' Smile

Ouch Gay - that description almost makes me feel dirty. Jeff’s posters are human too you know.
Refer ALP Election Promises
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 6:23pm
Who is Jeff?Confused
Isaac soloman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 6:37pm
funnily enough j

IF you can hang around long enough

you can build resilience.

new contributors should be encouraged

and realise that some on here 

have a bark worse than their bite.

"sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me"

Dizzy View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 6:47pm
Isaac, in the context of cyber bullying the old "sticks and stones" doesn't apply. Please be more aware of what you say online.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 7:00pm
dizzy

where were you when i was copping it from some here on tbv.
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 7:01pm

Originally posted by Afros Afros wrote:

You sound like someone who grew up in a country town but left for a bigger centre back for a visit and in the local pub telling everyone how good they're going and how bad the town is these days.

F##king phone, where is my edit button mayor?

LOLLOLLOLLOL

no...I gave the reasons why I don't come on all the time...I used to be over here as a refuge from bringing up two teenagers...now one's off my hand and I lock the other one up...

Wink

Slip down and give your opinion in the NFL thread while in town, since the likes of Znatchy and yourself amongst others have left the village that thread is about as lively as a country pub on a Tuesday night, interested in your thoughts both on this seasons play offs and the 2018 Packers, from memory you didn't think much of McCarthy? Hows your fav RB Eddie Lacy going?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 7:02pm
sorry 

but that is totally unfair dizzy.Thumbs Down
Dizzy View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 7:07pm
Isaac, I promise to make more of an effort to support you and all those being cyber bullied when required.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 7:08pm
Yes Isaac,you need to take a long hard look at yourself.LOL
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 7:11pm
dizzy

you are extremely choosy about what you read on tbv

for one

read the piece on charities

and who started the thread.

and that was a fyi 

as are many of my threads.
Dizzy View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 7:12pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Who is Jeff?Confused

PT, as the cyber bullying watch dog, I suggest that Jeff can be whomever he/she/ or however they wish to be identified, be allowed to have complete freedom to be whatever they wish.
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 7:14pm
Something perhaps better visited privately following the initial to and fro?
Dizzy View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 7:14pm
Isaac, while I completely support your views I feel you are not listening to me. We are all entitled to our own choices.
Dizzy View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 7:16pm
Anyone who takes someone with the moniker "Dizzy" seriously.....

Joking all, although cyber bullying is an issue I do not see it as too much of a problem here
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 7:22pm
considering dizzy you rarely say anything in JOFFS

to be singled out is insulting

as for it going private

why?

let the anonymous viewers see how it is dealt with

so they can feel free to  contribute

without fear or favour.

as i said

have a look at my first time posts

and who were the attack dogs.

cyber bullying

pfft, when it suits.
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 7:30pm
FWIW they're about a minute away from playing the Bedtime Song on the ABC Children's channel.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 7:32pm
And Big Dog is being tucked away.
Dizzy View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 7:35pm
I have already thrown my toys out of the cot in a huff SC.
Isaac, my apologies that you feel singled out, that was not my intention. Your sticks and stones comment just caught my attention.

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 7:36pm

You sound like someone who grew up in a country town but left for a bigger centre back for a visit and in the local pub telling everyone how good they're going and how bad the town is these days.

F##king phone, where is my edit button mayor?

LOLLOLLOLLOL

no...I gave the reasons why I don't come on all the time...I used to be over here as a refuge from bringing up two teenagers...now one's off my hand and I lock the other one up...

Wink

Slip down and give your opinion in the NFL thread while in town, since the likes of Znatchy and yourself amongst others have left the village that thread is about as lively as a country pub on a Tuesday night, interested in your thoughts both on this seasons play offs and the 2018 Packers, from memory you didn't think much of McCarthy? Hows your fav RB Eddie Lacy going?

I put a comment about the NFL on a thread about American football could be improved.  We had a could have been season...which wasn't...
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 7:45pm
Originally posted by Isaac soloman Isaac soloman wrote:

dizzy

where were you when i was copping it from some here on tbv.

we all cop it...I got out of here a year ago because, apart from my life livening up, I was also sick of being the butt of Macca's perverse sense of humour and he being allowed to slander women in a sexual way...he is still doing it by referring to the "three muffcateers" or some such rubbish...

I write about sex, so I am not a prude...but I do it in an honest and forthright way, using proper words... not like a two-year-old delinquent... 

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 7:47pm
Originally posted by Dizzy Dizzy wrote:

I have already thrown my toys out of the cot in a huff SC.
Isaac, my apologies that you feel singled out, that was not my intention. Your sticks and stones comment just caught my attention.

if your job is the cyber bullying go to

no wonder it happens.

another with their head in the sand/clouds.

take your pick.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 7:48pm
WHERE do I start ...= I'm Staggered by this hypocrecy.

I get a mention on sexual innuendos and failure to be banned , from a deluded lady who has worked hard to run the show and present holier than though when it suits.
Then sends a few lines of an imaginary book that was pure childish filth
which made me wonder ?     Is there nothing working on the left or right side of her great longitudinal fissure.
Shame on you J.J .       . > have a long look at your hyper self and increase whatever is supposed to help your grandeur.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 7:49pm

is this the 1 wood in Tin Cup?

I've never watched children's programmes...and discouraged my kids from a good few that seemed childish...

Dizzy View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 7:49pm
Clouds, don't like sand...
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 7:53pm

I've never watched children's programmes...and discouraged my kids from a good few that seemed childish...

He is on NBN regional NINE. For years at 7:30, Big Dog gets tucked into bed and they say goodnight to all the boys and girls out there watching as their cue to also go to bed.Image result for nbn big dog going to bed

Dizzy View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 7:59pm
Well blow me over (macca can make what he likes of that), this is way too much fun. I should have joined in years ago!

Edited by Dizzy - 03 Jan 2019 at 7:59pm
Dizzy View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 8:00pm
Oh, and notice I can EDIT...
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 8:00pm
Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

WHERE do I start ...= I'm Staggered by this hypocrecy.

I get a mention on sexual innuendos and failure to be banned , from a deluded lady who has worked hard to run the show and present holier than though when it suits.
Then sends a few lines of an imaginary book that was pure childish filth
which made me wonder ?     Is there nothing working on the left or right side of her great longitudinal fissure.
Shame on you J.J .       . > have a long look at your hyper self and increase whatever is supposed to help your grandeur.

talking about sex isn't the issue, Macca...your jokes demean women...but hey, the great Cheeto says "ooooh, that's not bad"...

I would hardly call what I wrote, 'filth'. It is an honest account of a couple in love...big deal!!!
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 8:02pm

He is on NBN regional NINE. For years at 7:30, Big Dog gets tucked into bed and they say goodnight to all the boys and girls out there watching as their cue to also go to bed.Image result for nbn big dog going to bed

my kids would never have watched that...or gone to sleep before midnight.....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>