Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Nothing Changes

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nothing Changes
    Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 4:15pm
I've barely been over here all year...been busy with 'real life'. A wedding (with all the trappings and parties), countless weekends away to watch football, with my teams performing creditably all year (the Aussie ones, anyhow), Melbourne for a week for GF fun (the loss was incidental, it was a winning year for Bucks and the boys), a trip to London for a special visit to the grave of the person who inspired my books (two written, one published, two more started...busy busy), a new man in my life (keeping me occupied, so I don't get into mischief...oh wait...we do!!!), promotional work for the book (thankfully all done at present), a very sick elderly mother to worry about, and endless visits to my two grandchildren (of the furry kind...thank god, no brats yet...please...)

on the odd occasions I've popped over here, one thing has struck me...NOTHING CHANGES...

the same culprits are still arguing with each other about the same inane subjects...

no-one has opened their minds to even remotely understand the other side of the argument...

this site demonstrates how brainwashing started in infancy, either by religious or political bias...

Macca is still getting away with innuendos and outright revolting sexual jokes that would have anyone else banned...

PT is still claiming the middle ground while his chair tilts more and more to the left...

Dr E and his right-wing cohorts are still living under the spell of some magic fairy dust that has turned their brains to air ... "oooh, that's bad..." says their leader, the idiot Cheeto...

no-one knows what to do with their collection of Kevin Spacey movies or The House of Cards dvd...(do we keep them hidden but watch them after everyone has gone to bed?...or do we show some gumption and trash them?...)  hmmm..."but I liked him before he was a deviate..."

Isaac is still foraging for a reason for existence...his, at least...if he keeps posting new topics, at least there is visual proof that the missing link exists...

poor old Whale is still copping a hiding to nothing for...nothing...maybe for being a blubberer...Confused  

this site was once a stimulating place to visit for some good-old-fashioned banter, discussion and the occasional piece of wit...now it is just a mine-field, waiting to trap a poor sucker and blow his brains to mush...
Image result for brains being blown to mush

Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 4:24pm
I have an issue with you saying PT's chair "tilts" to the left JJ. Since when is 90 degrees a "tilt" ?
Refer ALP Election Promises
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 4:26pm
Your absolutely correct about Whale being a "blubberer" though  Thumbs Up
Refer ALP Election Promises
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 4:30pm
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

I have an issue with you saying PT's chair "tilts" to the left JJ. Since when is 90 degrees a "tilt" ?

it is more than counter-balanced by the right-tilters, who have fallen off their chairs and into the msh-pit..."oooh, that's bad..." says the Cheeto...

Cry
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 4:30pm
I stand offended!  

Because most everyone would well remember that time back in April where I once attempted to understand or appreciate Three Bear's point of view.Before rapidly realizing the error of my ways.  Approve

ps have a great 2019 JJ.  Thumbs Up
Isaac soloman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 4:31pm
you just like confrontation j

wont be long and you will be gone.

hand grenade, shooting star

come to mind

maybe narcissistic

like the attention. 

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 4:31pm
'mush-pit'... hasn't this place got an edit button, yet?

backwards in time...like Qld...

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 4:34pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

I stand offended!  

Because most everyone would well remember that time back in April where I once attempted to understand or appreciate Three Bear's point of view.Before rapidly realizing the error of my ways.  Approve

ps have a great 2019 JJ.  Thumbs Up

I must have missed that one...

my apologies...and have a magnificent year too, SC...Beer
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 4:34pm
what are you looking for j?

just post.
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 4:35pm
I know what to do with my Kevin Spacey collection- exactly the same thing I would do before I knew about his alleged misdeeds. I am only interested in the art, not the artist.
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 4:36pm
You sound like someone who grew up in a country town but left for a bigger centre back for a visit and in the locpib telling everyone how good they're going and how bad the town is these days.
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 4:38pm
Originally posted by Afros Afros wrote:

You sound like someone who grew up in a country town but left for a bigger centre back for a visit and in the local pub telling everyone how good they're going and how bad the town is these days.

F##king phone, where is my edit button mayor?
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 4:38pm
Originally posted by Isaac soloman Isaac soloman wrote:

come to mind

maybe narcissistic

like the attention. 

as a famous woman once said..."Do one thing every day that scares you."

coming on a forum with you, Isaac, is really scary...
Image result for garlic cloves for vampires

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 4:41pm
LOL
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 4:41pm

You sound like someone who grew up in a country town but left for a bigger centre back for a visit and in the local pub telling everyone how good they're going and how bad the town is these days.

F##king phone, where is my edit button mayor?

LOLLOLLOLLOL

no...I gave the reasons why I don't come on all the time...I used to be over here as a refuge from bringing up two teenagers...now one's off my hand and I lock the other one up...

Wink
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 4:42pm

It is relative to the overall group. Some of you blokes make Ghengis Khan look like a leftie.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 4:42pm
Starc just got a wicket.
reductio ad absurdum
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 4:44pm
The good old days, when I joined this place it was a cesspit of arguments, insults ,f oul language and abuse. Ouch

I guess nothing has changed Smile

Maybe someone with a better memory than mine can list our past luminaries 

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 4:45pm
Originally posted by Isaac soloman Isaac soloman wrote:

come to mind

maybe narcissistic

like the attention. 

I would accede to all of that...I am an honest person...my fan club, elsewhere, will beckon me soon and this shooting star will be flashing back to the warmth of their affection...Wacko

meanwhile...at the farm...
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 4:49pm
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

I know what to do with my Kevin Spacey collection- exactly the same thing I would do before I knew about his alleged misdeeds. I am only interested in the art, not the artist.

I only owned one...The Shipping News...because I like Judi Dench...not even Ms Dench could stop that being thrown in the garbage...

I always thought he was poor...American Beauty was ghastly...

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 4:49pm
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

Starc just got a wicket.

That just sounds like Centrist effing bullshyte to me.

* sorry Djebel, only attempting to hone my debating skills
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 4:50pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

It is relative to the overall group. Some of you blokes make Ghengis Khan look like a leftie.

too true...Ouch
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 4:52pm

Starc just got a wicket.

oh...the cricket!!!! Is it pinky time again?

I'm losing track of the days...

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 4:55pm
Originally posted by Whale Whale wrote:

The good old days, when I joined this place it was a cesspit of arguments, insults ,f oul language and abuse. Ouch

I guess nothing has changed Smile

Maybe someone with a better memory than mine can list our past luminaries 

oh, come on...Bundy was a ball of fun before he got (h) Andi Cap(ped)...

and a lot of the punting fraternity used to frequent the darker corners of Joff's Bar...now they're scared to set foot in here in case they get spiked....

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 5:00pm

Starc just got a wicket.

or pink propaganda...

'debating' is a questionable explanation of what happens here...

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 5:02pm

Starc just got a wicket.

it's actually pinko propaganda...

and 'debating' is hardly the word to use for what goes on over here... 
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 5:10pm
Joffs & General are now best described as the bowels or dungeons of TBV, only frequented by the intrepid & immune to abuse Ouch
Hidden posts? Where would I start? Suspensions? There'd be less than a handful of posters left!
Vigorous debate (if you can call it that Confused)? The mayor encourages it so these forums are the 'go to' Smile

Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 5:18pm
Originally posted by jujuno jujuno wrote:

Starc just got a wicket.

That just sounds like Centrist effing bullshyte to me.  * sorry Djebel, only attempting to hone my debating skills. 

it's actually pinko propaganda... and 'debating' is hardly the word to use for what goes on over here... 

But there's still some fun tit-for JJ, eg your "pinko" reference.  Are you referring to our left-wing pinkos or the Glenn McGrath cricket/cancer promos, that is the question.  Tongue

And you used the term "debating" above, whereas some of us suspect almost without saying so that  "debasing" was the word you were cleverly alluding to but not exactly spelling out.  Wink

Then again, I may be entirely misreading....Embarrassed
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 5:18pm
heaven knows how that happened...the first one just disappeared...
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 5:21pm
Originally posted by Gay3 Gay3 wrote:

Joffs & General are now best described as the bowels or dungeons of TBV, only frequented by the intrepid & immune to abuse Ouch
Hidden posts? Where would I start? Suspensions? There'd be less than a handful of posters left!
Vigorous debate (if you can call it that Confused)? The mayor encourages it so these forums are the 'go to' Smile

Gay...I am nominating you for Australian of the year, for your bravery in still moderating this area...\

you have to be a masochist...Handshake
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>