Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

FYI Donating to Charities

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 3:12pm
PT...I'm thinking of using 'circle jerkers' in my new book...

if I put it in, I'll remunerate you...with money...lol...

Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 3:40pm
You are welcome to it JJ, gratis. 
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 3:51pm
Originally posted by jujuno jujuno wrote:

Have you run out of lithium JJ....

If you knew the 3 Muffkateers mentioned in real life , you may have some real experience on what to write about.
   All 3 are crutch cannibals who have done more miles than 6 Qantas jets.

Isaac soloman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 4:15pm
Originally posted by Whale Whale wrote:

Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

Its amazing here, how many people do volunteer work.  In such a small community.  There is always some one ready to step up and say they will do ,,,,,whatever.   Thats true charity.
One of the big things here is driving people for treatment.   They have to go over an hour to John Hunter  or the Marter, for chemo, or dialisis,,,,( cant spell it ),,,,most 3 times a week,,   Imagine the time and driving involved.   But always some one to do it,,,,
Thats charity without money.  The benefits are going straight to the person. 

good on them. I bet they don't calculate the worth of their time donated unlike crass, no class Doc Clap

People give their time for many reasons apartt from the main one of helping out.
Makes them feel good to do something for other, makes them feel thet are giving back to society, religious reasons, many retirees give time to occupt themselves and feel useful.  Doc donates his time for some of these reasons but also because he likes to be in charge, whether it be coaching or committees and the main reason it strokes his massive ego.
Doesn't matter the reasons, in the end good is done for worthy causes.
But the appreciation, thanks from real people around him is not enough, he has to post his good deeds on TBV so anonymous readers will know his good deeds, together with a monetary value of such deeds.
Incredible giant ego gone of the rails. The funny thing is Doc thought his posting would give him the adulation and admiration he craves, it has done the opposite shown him for a crass, attention seeking self loving very strange individual  Confused

As for his emu remarks about me, lolol does ti get any more pathetic, very sad insult, that's all he has LOL

gee whale, where do you put second chance 

listing all those credits.

would have to be out doing all of us.

dont be  a hypocrite now

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 4:21pm
ive had a go at volunteering as well.

the nicest thing about it is the "clients"

i came to realise you have to be able to "afford" it.

otherwise you very quickly get used up

by the paid staff

who dont necessarily appreciate your efforts.

anyway had a go

more for retired people.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 4:22pm
in short

no one should condemn anyone who tries.

whale.....
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 4:23pm
Isaac, you must have missed my up-front mea culpa, ie "admitted self-indulgence regarding personal background" as part of my rejoinder to the monetary value of community service applied in Doc's earlier w@nkfest. Wink 
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 4:23pm
"gee whale, where do you put second chance 

would have to be out doing all of us.

dont be  a hypocrite now"

I refuse to be done by anyone over here... Evil Smile
Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 4:34pm
[
gee whale, where do you put second chance 

would have to be out doing all of us.

dont be  a hypocrite now

[/QUOTE]

Don't be silly Isaac, we all know SC was simply defending himself from Doc's attack for not contributing to charity.  He certainly trumped Doc's $500, 000 with his list and he didn't need to put a monetary value on it Smile
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 4:36pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

Isaac, you must have missed my up-front mea culpa, ie "admitted self-indulgence regarding personal background" as part of my rejoinder to the monetary value of community service applied in Doc's earlier w@nkfest. Wink 

didnt miss it.

you went ahead anyway.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 9:18pm
   I only ever volunteered once.

I was expecting some class act to be my pard in donating at the sperm bank.

You guessed it ,    NO WAY could I get mine into a Bottle.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2019 at 8:34pm

Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

Its amazing here, how many people do volunteer work.  In such a small community.  There is always some one ready to step up and say they will do ,,,,,whatever.   Thats true charity.
One of the big things here is driving people for treatment.   They have to go over an hour to John Hunter  or the Marter, for chemo, or dialisis,,,,( cant spell it ),,,,most 3 times a week,,   Imagine the time and driving involved.   But always some one to do it,,,,
Thats charity without money.  The benefits are going straight to the person. 

good on them. I bet they don't calculate the worth of their time donated unlike crass, no class Doc Clap

People give their time for many reasons apartt from the main one of helping out.
Makes them feel good to do something for other, makes them feel thet are giving back to society, religious reasons, many retirees give time to occupt themselves and feel useful.  Doc donates his time for some of these reasons but also because he likes to be in charge, whether it be coaching or committees and the main reason it strokes his massive ego.
Doesn't matter the reasons, in the end good is done for worthy causes.
But the appreciation, thanks from real people around him is not enough, he has to post his good deeds on TBV so anonymous readers will know his good deeds, together with a monetary value of such deeds.
Incredible giant ego gone of the rails. The funny thing is Doc thought his posting would give him the adulation and admiration he craves, it has done the opposite shown him for a crass, attention seeking self loving very strange individual  Confused

As for his emu remarks about me, lolol does ti get any more pathetic, very sad insult, that's all he has LOL

you have him pegged, Whale...let's face it...anyone who thinks Trump is a worthy human being is delusional...

Ummm, did you really post that after your own private circle jerk in the previous post?

Outstanding hypocrisy right there jj ... really giving CNNPT a run for his money, good for you!Clap
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2019 at 8:37pm

wonderful family JJ, and I bet they have not calculated the monetary worth of their time 

Nice sarcasm Whale!Clap

... and I only mention half of the stuff that I do, for your benefit ... it would be wasteful of me if I didn't since you are my favourite stalker!Big smile
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2019 at 8:41pm

Originally posted by Dr E Dr E wrote:

So Trump's "charity", together with this suss mob's "charity" have similarly been disgraced and stripped of their status.  Who would've thought?

ps Shane Warne's "charity" also did nothing wrong in its operation, with a host of high end charity events.  Just had very little if anything left after expenses to actually provide to the advertised worthy causes.
pss I point blank refuse to donate to charity causes of any kind, after a friend who worked for quite some years in the industry quit after realising that about 33% of donations at very best found their way to the disadvantaged.

WARNING - GENIUS AT WORK!Wink

"I point blank refuse to donate to charity causes of any kind [because] ... about 33% of donations at very best found their way to the disadvantaged".  So OBVIOUSLY with SC donating NOTHING to the disadvantaged, they are much better off ... Wacko  I think we can all work out just whom the "disadvantaged" one is in this conversation!!! ... you are a crack up!LOLLOL  Say, just for the fun of it, what IS 33% of nothing?Embarrassed 

Well if you seek to put me down rather than at least respect my position, or alternatively invite me to participate in a big d1ck competition (as per your alleged $500,000 of free work to sporting clubs etc total w@nkfest Ermm) consider this admitted self-indulgence regarding my personal background:

"During my time in Canberra I was:

a foundation member of the Ginninderra Land and Planning Advisory Committee which advised the ACT Government on building development and land use applications in Canberra with a particular focus on amenity for residents including the underprivileged

a committee member of the Kaleen Community Association for seventeen years, serving as President for the final fifteen, during which time I oversaw the construction and operation of a large community facility providing not-for-profit activities and a venue for community activities

Chairman of a northern suburbs Occasional Care Centre – the only not-for-profit facility of that kind in the ACT at that time

a member of a CFA brigade for over ten years, serving on the executive for five years, and also served on the committee of a sports fishing club for close to eight years. 

I have framed Commendations or Certificates of Appreciation from Prime Minister John Howard, ACT Minister for Planning Simon Corbell, and Federal Member for Indi Sophie Mirabella among others for my work in various community service roles". 

And remembering your $500,000 worth of time nonsense, the above doesn't count the thirty odd years I spent on the executive of cricket and baseball clubs in Melbourne and Canberra.  The two life memberships I proudly possess provide more than enough satisfaction for that type of activity.  

So all things considered I believe I've done my bit over the last forty years, and have no reason to have misgivings about my position in respect of charity donations.

Good on you SC - the only person in Canberra who wasn't a parasite by the sounds of it!Clap
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2019 at 8:45pm
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

Gee there's a lot of piddling in each others pockets going on here. Imagine how much more you could do if you weren't sitting on here 24/7 telling each other how good you all are Ouch 

Image result for laughing meme
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2019 at 8:52pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

What is the collective term for circlers Whale?

I imagine a grip of circle jerkers. 

Have to wait till Doc gets here to get the official term though, or at least as used in his club.

As always, I acquiesce to your superior "first hand" knowledge CNNPT.

... after all, you ARE the one who claimed the title - "King of the Circle Jerk"!Clap 

Image result for we are not worthy meme

Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2019 at 9:02pm

Nooooooooo! ... pleeez don't do it jj ... can you imagine the consequences if you were published!!!??? 

... he would never leave the circle, and may well end up another statistic - victim of a fatal case of RSI ... on the bright side, I'm sure he'd buy your book, he'd just have to ask Whale to turn the pages ... he could narrate it to Whale without breaking the circle!Ouch
rusty nails View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2019 at 11:29pm

Handing out propaganda for the White Australia Party gratis doesn't qualify as a charitable endeavor Doc.

Humour CNNPT?Confused

Not as funny as the fact that you have Fraudulent organisations like GetUp claiming to to be the voice of the people, when they are funded by low life thug organisations like the CFMEU ($1,120,000), AWU ($100,000) along with overseas leftwing climate alarmist NFP's like "The Sunrise Project" ($495,000) - speaking of volunteers, you should see their staff of "professional activist" parasites ... https://sunriseproject.org.au/people/

No CNNPT, I don't have anything to do with any political parties, unlike you and your red-shirt mates - oops! ... but based on the hours I have contributed to running junior and senior sporting clubs, as a coach, manager, administrator, sponsor and President over the past 25 years, my contribution couldn't be compensated for less than about $500,000.

... but don't worry, WE all appreciate your contribution to TBV, as worthless as it is.

I call bulls..t

No sane person, who has contributed over a long period of time, measures their effort in billable hours.
Like many, I’ve coached,managed and administrated in a variety of teams/clubs.
Whenever I discuss my experiences with others with similar experiences.

We always talk about the enjoyment we’ve experienced, sometime brag about particularly good outcomes.
It might be onfield performances, itmight be how we think we’ve helped develop particular kids, or it might be how we’ve improved participation numbers and made the club stronger.
It might even be how, we raised money and built clubhouses,or purchased training equipment.
But we’d never ever calculate the billable hours we put in.....
Cos that’s just not how it works.
It’s people that don’t contribute who think like that
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2019 at 11:44pm
Originally posted by rusty nails rusty nails wrote:

Handing out propaganda for the White Australia Party gratis doesn't qualify as a charitable endeavor Doc.

Humour CNNPT?Confused

Not as funny as the fact that you have Fraudulent organisations like GetUp claiming to to be the voice of the people, when they are funded by low life thug organisations like the CFMEU ($1,120,000), AWU ($100,000) along with overseas leftwing climate alarmist NFP's like "The Sunrise Project" ($495,000) - speaking of volunteers, you should see their staff of "professional activist" parasites ... https://sunriseproject.org.au/people/

No CNNPT, I don't have anything to do with any political parties, unlike you and your red-shirt mates - oops! ... but based on the hours I have contributed to running junior and senior sporting clubs, as a coach, manager, administrator, sponsor and President over the past 25 years, my contribution couldn't be compensated for less than about $500,000.

... but don't worry, WE all appreciate your contribution to TBV, as worthless as it is.

I call bulls..t

No sane person, who has contributed over a long period of time, measures their effort in billable hours.

We always talk about the enjoyment we’ve experienced, sometime brag about particularly good outcomes.
It might be onfield performances, itmight be how we think we’ve helped develop particular kids, or it might be how we’ve improved participation numbers and made the club stronger.
It might even be how, we raised money and built clubhouses,or purchased training equipment.

That's the same defence as Mr Pell used Rusty .

He claimed to have got great pleasure out of giving.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2019 at 11:45pm
Originally posted by rusty nails rusty nails wrote:

Humour CNNPT?Confused

I call bulls..t

I call bullgelati.

You may have bullied some kids charading as a "coach" at some point, but you can't hide your agenda - I've had your type marched out of the grounds by the police.

Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2019 at 7:51am

[/QUOTE]

I call bullgelati.

You may have bullied some kids charading as a "coach" at some point, but you can't hide your agenda - I've had your type marched out of the grounds by the police.

[/QUOTE]

that says it all Ouch

By the way Doc try doing some real "charitable" work, not ego stroking positions of authority at your kids sporting clubs Wink
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2019 at 8:34am
Do you specialise in night time charity work Whale - or just limit it to times when your suspended from here ?
Refer ALP Election Promises
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2019 at 8:37am

Do you specialise in night time charity work Whale - or just limit it to times when your suspended from here ?

I see you were here till 3 am, deputising for Doc were you LOL
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2019 at 8:54am

I see you were here till 3 am, deputising for Doc were you LOL
Whale - now your being silly. You know I often stay logged on 24/7 for days without actually posting. It just means I haven't logged off . Now go & check your TBV data entry book & tell me the last time I posted anything around 3am LOL
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2019 at 9:00am
FYI Whale. I'm about to go to the club with a mate to watch the College play off finals. Now I'm not going to log off. So that means I wont be able to reply to your posts. Ok
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2019 at 9:11am

FYI Whale. I'm about to go to the club with a mate to watch the College play off finals. Now I'm not going to log off. So that means I wont be able to reply to your posts. Ok

I was wrong on that one, mixed you up with Macca who posted at 3 am ,after one of his many nocturnal trips to the toilet.

See I can admit when I am rarely wrong, you should try it, good for the soul. Of course you would be typing a heck of a lot of retractions LOL
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2019 at 9:15am

I was wrong on that one, mixed you up with Macca who posted at 3 am ,after one of his many nocturnal trips to the toilet.

See I can admit when I am rarely wrong, you should try it, good for the soul. Of course you would be typing a heck of a lot of retractions LOL
All good Whale. Apology accepted

BTW, I take it as a compliment you mixing me up with Macca Smile
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2019 at 2:51pm

I call bullgelati.

[/QUOTE]

that says it all Ouch

By the way Doc try doing some real "charitable" work, not ego stroking positions of authority at your kids sporting clubs Wink
[/QUOTE]

Whale, if you had done any kind of work, you would know that it is crucial to know what your operational costs are in real terms. It is even more important in a community club, particularly if you are relying on donations and sponsorship and applying for government grants. I have personally been a part of committees that have been able to submit quality submissions for that kind of funding, and successfully raised in excess of $1 million for facility improvements in my community - you don't get that kind of money by selling tickets in the chook raffle, you need to know what your volunteers are worth.

PS: Handing out flyers at the train station for the local strip joint on the promise of a freebie peep show is NOT charity, even if you are wearing your red T-shirt.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2019 at 3:03pm
   Doc ...     You reminded me of why ( You know who ) reminds me of a train.....    
    He uses the same old lines to pick up any thing..

hahahahaha    Your a funny Bxstard Macca.
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2019 at 3:23pm

[QUOTE=Whale]

Whale, if you had done any kind of work, you would know that it is crucial to know what your operational costs are in real terms. It is even more important in a community club, particularly if you are relying on donations and sponsorship and applying for government grants. I have personally been a part of committees that have been able to submit quality submissions for that kind of funding, and successfully raised in excess of $1 million for facility improvements in my community - you don't get that kind of money by selling tickets in the chook raffle, you need to know what your volunteers are worth.

PS: Handing out flyers at the train station for the local strip joint on the promise of a freebie peep show is NOT charity, even if you are wearing your red T-shirt.

C rap, pathetic "justification " for your unbelievably, vainglorious, crass billing hours  of your time LOL.The only person I have ever heard of doing that Embarrassed
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>