Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

FYI Donating to Charities

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Fiddlesticks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FYI Donating to Charities
    Posted: 02 Jan 2023 at 10:53pm
Sometimes there is just no need for a response to a joke, its on its own and thats that.
Panspermia.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2023 at 9:55pm
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

French ? LOL
😂 , did it go thru to the keeper , surely not Wink just droll. 🤠
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2023 at 9:29pm
Got quite a few frogs around here.  They climb up my kitchen window and poop everywhere on a regular basis.LOL
I donated the money I used to waste on cards and postage, but no more, to Rural Aide/Buy A Bale this Christmas.
animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2023 at 8:22pm
locals usually, frog populations are dire in oz, but the guy who runs it sends money out globally too. 
Panspermia.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2023 at 8:13pm
French ? LOL
Refer ALP Election Promises
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2023 at 8:10pm
Save the frogs is the only animal charity I give to. 
Panspermia.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2023 at 7:20pm
I know several of us donate to charities when possible but as scammers are rampant, word of mouth thru' personal experience, appears to be the safest & I doubt one would better this lady suggested by LGHR Thumbs Up

THE ‘ANGEL OF SPRING CREEK’ – A LIFESAVER FOR SO MANY ANIMALS THAT HAVE BEEN ABANDONED OR HAVE TO BE RE-HOMED  

WHEN it comes to animal welfare there’s an unsung hero who operates a farm near Gatton that would be a deserving recipient of a New Year’s Day Award. Trouble is very few know of her and the work she does.

They call her ‘the Angel of Spring Creek’ and she provides a home for animals and birds that are dumped, deserted, fall on hard times or have to be re-homed.

Mileidy Rojas doesn’t receive any funding for her 24/7 service and relies on donations from the public and those forced to rehome their animals to supplement the big cost confronting her family for doing the work she loves.

Her Spring Creek farm on an acreage outside Gatton is now home to hundreds of birds (from Macaws and cockatoos to the humble Ringneck Parrots and Budgerigars), along with ex-racehorses, donkeys, Shetland ponies, Lamas, Goats, Dogs, Geese, Turkeys and an array of Fowls.

LGHR met Mileidy when we were forced by new Council by-laws to rehome a cockatoo that had been with our family for 30 years since we found him fighting for life after being felled by an arrow. We nursed him back to health but he cannot fly, would not survive if released into the wild and does not trust people any more so could not be transferred to a family on a bigger acreage.

Our first visit to see Nigel since he left us (courtesy of the Moreton Bay Regional Council which probably doesn’t realise that hundreds of dogs, cats and birds are destroyed every year because of their ridiculous by-laws), not to mention what must be happening to scores of  horses destined for the doggers, was a real eye-opener.

Our cockatoo – like many other birds that Mileidy Rojas has inherited – has his own aviary, plenty of feed, receives attention on a daily basis and seems even more contented than he was when living with us.

During our visit we were shadowed by a recently-retired racehorse, a Shetland pony companion of his, a donkey and a giant St Bernard pup who were told was only six months old. Cockatoos and corellas were calling out ‘hello’ and ‘g’day mate’ to us.

All of the animals are in pristine condition – hardly a rib could be seen on the horses which she now cares for. In a special area are the exotic parrots and cockatoos which have a problem. Some can’t fly, others were sick, one has lost an eye. Mileidy loves and cares for every one of them. A small parrot she had on her shoulder flew off into a tree but when she called it quickly returned.

The reason for our story – which we are sure would embarrass this wonderful, animal loving lady who hails from South America – is to highlight the animal welfare work she does for nothing. Unlike the RSPCA she doesn’t get Government grants and public donations.

If you would like to help she can be found on Facebook under MILEIDY ROJAS (that shows first-hand how happy these animals are as do the photographs accompanying this story).

Perhaps you might see fit to donate some feed or fruit and vegetables on a regular basis to help offset her families’ costs of feeding these birds and animals. By the way she also gets them veterinary care whenever it is needed.

This is a very worthy cause. Either messenger this wonderful lady on FACEBOOK or contact LGHR and we will put you in contact through her personal mobile number.

Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 4:59pm
Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

Too right E&E  Thumbs Up  Especially as he could have had a $25 shopping voucher but he chose me instead Wink

LOLLOLLOL
Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2019 at 7:17pm
Originally posted by Whale Whale wrote:

Originally posted by Dr E Dr E wrote:

You're not even good at compliments! ... that was just creepy!!!Sick

can't even take a humiliating slap down like a man, always has to have the last word with a ridiculous response, just cannot help himself Confused

If you were capable of delivering anything more than nonsense, I'm sure I would be in tears ... Broken Heart 
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2019 at 12:04pm
Too right E&E  Thumbs Up  Especially as he could have had a $25 shopping voucher but he chose me instead Wink
animals before people.
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2019 at 11:33am
Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

My OH says he won me at a chook raffle.  They ran out of chooks so he got this old boiler .

Good to know that you’re loved AA!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2019 at 10:36am
My OH says he won me at a chook raffle.  They ran out of chooks so he got this old boiler .
animals before people.
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2019 at 9:50am

can't even take a humiliating slap down like a man, always has to have the last word with a ridiculous response, just cannot help himself Confused
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2019 at 9:42pm
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2019 at 9:28pm
[

I'm positive that you don't mix in very rarified, aspirational or successful circles, so I'm far from surprised - leave it to those who understand this stuff Whale. Big smile

btw, one of my committee members actually did the rough calculations at one time, as we were putting together a proposal for funding, and trying to impress upon the local parasitic ALP State Member, just what value community clubs provided. 

We were successful, and as I said previously, we were able to vindicate some massive grants from the government to benefit the local community - the benefit of being able to identify people with relevant skills and coordinating them as a team!Thumbs Up

Anyway, I hope we didn't interrupt your chook raffle ... or were you just "feeding the chooks" again! Embarrassed ... no matter, just stick with your skill set Whale!Clap
[/QUOTE]

Oh my does this sick egomaniac ever shut up ?  Okay Doc we all admire you and bow at your feet.You deserve Australian Of The Year, not only this year but in perpetuity Clap
rusty nails View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2019 at 7:48pm
^^^^^^ Fantasist

#Sad
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2019 at 7:25pm
Originally posted by rusty nails rusty nails wrote:

Don’t bother Whale,
We all know it’s a fantasy that someone as dysfunctional as the Doc could
a) ever be elected to a position in a community club.
b) that he could work harmoniously with others.

Calling him out,just encourages him to throw the pink crayons all over the place
Again.....

It’s telling that he gains so much satisfaction pumping up his own tyres on an anonymous forum..
#Sad

Of course, I was always happy to acquiesce, but I sometimes despaired at the fact that I was approached relentlessly to fulfill those positions, knowing that I would not do a half-assed job! - oh well, I had to accept ... the success of the clubs were in peril otherwise!Smile
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2019 at 7:19pm

[QUOTE=Whale]

Whale, if you had done any kind of work, you would know that it is crucial to know what your operational costs are in real terms. It is even more important in a community club, particularly if you are relying on donations and sponsorship and applying for government grants. I have personally been a part of committees that have been able to submit quality submissions for that kind of funding, and successfully raised in excess of $1 million for facility improvements in my community - you don't get that kind of money by selling tickets in the chook raffle, you need to know what your volunteers are worth.

PS: Handing out flyers at the train station for the local strip joint on the promise of a freebie peep show is NOT charity, even if you are wearing your red T-shirt.

C rap, pathetic "justification " for your unbelievably, vainglorious, crass billing hours  of your time LOL.The only person I have ever heard of doing that Embarrassed

I'm positive that you don't mix in very rarified, aspirational or successful circles, so I'm far from surprised - leave it to those who understand this stuff Whale. Big smile

btw, one of my committee members actually did the rough calculations at one time, as we were putting together a proposal for funding, and trying to impress upon the local parasitic ALP State Member, just what value community clubs provided. 

We were successful, and as I said previously, we were able to vindicate some massive grants from the government to benefit the local community - the benefit of being able to identify people with relevant skills and coordinating them as a team!Thumbs Up

Anyway, I hope we didn't interrupt your chook raffle ... or were you just "feeding the chooks" again! Embarrassed ... no matter, just stick with your skill set Whale!Clap
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2019 at 4:22pm
Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

Don’t bother Whale,

Calling him out,just encourages him to throw the pink crayons all over the place
Again.....

It’s telling that he gains so much satisfaction pumping up his own tyres on an anonymous forum..
#Sad

Now now Rusty = Your stealing my thunder .

It was Whale , years ago I nick name "Retread"

Goes bald quicker and is full of hot air.

Image result for yapping little dog
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2019 at 3:58pm

Don’t bother Whale,

Again.....

#Sad

Now now Rusty = Your stealing my thunder .

It was Whale , years ago I nick name "Retread"

Goes bald quicker and is full of hot air.
rusty nails View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2019 at 3:34pm
Don’t bother Whale,

Again.....

#Sad
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2019 at 3:23pm

[QUOTE=Whale]

Whale, if you had done any kind of work, you would know that it is crucial to know what your operational costs are in real terms. It is even more important in a community club, particularly if you are relying on donations and sponsorship and applying for government grants. I have personally been a part of committees that have been able to submit quality submissions for that kind of funding, and successfully raised in excess of $1 million for facility improvements in my community - you don't get that kind of money by selling tickets in the chook raffle, you need to know what your volunteers are worth.

PS: Handing out flyers at the train station for the local strip joint on the promise of a freebie peep show is NOT charity, even if you are wearing your red T-shirt.

C rap, pathetic "justification " for your unbelievably, vainglorious, crass billing hours  of your time LOL.The only person I have ever heard of doing that Embarrassed
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2019 at 3:03pm
   Doc ...     You reminded me of why ( You know who ) reminds me of a train.....    
    He uses the same old lines to pick up any thing..

hahahahaha    Your a funny Bxstard Macca.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2019 at 2:51pm

No sane person, who has contributed over a long period of time, measures their effort in billable hours.

I call bullgelati.

You may have bullied some kids charading as a "coach" at some point, but you can't hide your agenda - I've had your type marched out of the grounds by the police.

[/QUOTE]

that says it all Ouch

By the way Doc try doing some real "charitable" work, not ego stroking positions of authority at your kids sporting clubs Wink
[/QUOTE]

oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2019 at 9:15am

FYI Whale. I'm about to go to the club with a mate to watch the College play off finals. Now I'm not going to log off. So that means I wont be able to reply to your posts. Ok

I was wrong on that one, mixed you up with Macca who posted at 3 am ,after one of his many nocturnal trips to the toilet.

See I can admit when I am rarely wrong, you should try it, good for the soul. Of course you would be typing a heck of a lot of retractions LOL
All good Whale. Apology accepted

BTW, I take it as a compliment you mixing me up with Macca Smile
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2019 at 9:11am

FYI Whale. I'm about to go to the club with a mate to watch the College play off finals. Now I'm not going to log off. So that means I wont be able to reply to your posts. Ok

I was wrong on that one, mixed you up with Macca who posted at 3 am ,after one of his many nocturnal trips to the toilet.

See I can admit when I am rarely wrong, you should try it, good for the soul. Of course you would be typing a heck of a lot of retractions LOL
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2019 at 9:00am
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2019 at 8:54am

Do you specialise in night time charity work Whale - or just limit it to times when your suspended from here ?

I see you were here till 3 am, deputising for Doc were you LOL
Whale - now your being silly. You know I often stay logged on 24/7 for days without actually posting. It just means I haven't logged off . Now go & check your TBV data entry book & tell me the last time I posted anything around 3am LOL
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2019 at 8:37am

Do you specialise in night time charity work Whale - or just limit it to times when your suspended from here ?

I see you were here till 3 am, deputising for Doc were you LOL
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2019 at 8:34am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>