Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

2019 Dead Pool

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 20>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2019 at 3:25pm
That is sad Unhappy

Going to have to watch a Bogart or a Cagney classic this weekend, out of respect for the great man ... always thought that he had the best job ever!
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2019 at 3:27pm
Absolute legend of the Aussie film industry
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2019 at 3:27pm
84 years old, died in his sleep.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2019 at 4:26pm
Love a good movie , so I enjoyed his passion and choices , farewell kind sir.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2019 at 2:23am
Originally posted by crooked_gambler crooked_gambler wrote:

Must be nearly time for Jeff Goldblum to die....again.
I reckon he’s died about 6 times

anyone ever see 'Mad Dog Time', with Jeff Goldblum? A very funny movie, with lots of dead people in it, both the film characters and the actors who played them...Richard Pryor and Burt Reynolds, among many...was rated one of the worst movies of 1996, but I think it's hilarious. Jeff Goldblum is so smooth in it...and is one of the few not to die...

ConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedBig smile
Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2019 at 2:27am
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2019 at 10:00am
Ross Perot aged 89.
Toll Road View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toll Road Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2019 at 3:58pm
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2019 at 4:12pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Ross Perot aged 89.

What might have been had he not gone AWOL when leading the polls in mid-92.
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2019 at 5:59pm
For a start we would not have had to deal with the Clinton filfth.

27 years later and we are still suffering!
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2019 at 1:03am
My mother, at age 98. I would never have put her on my list. 

RIP, Mum...Broken Heart
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2019 at 1:13am
Originally posted by jujuno jujuno wrote:

RIP, Mum...Broken Heart

Ah kiss. Sorry to hear that. Prayers for you and your family.
VSP. View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VSP. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2019 at 4:34am
Terribly sorry to hear that jujuno. 98 is a great innings.
www.snowshoecats.webs.com
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2019 at 1:03pm
Condolences, JJ.  What a great age .  RIP JJ,s Mum.
animals before people.
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2019 at 1:08pm
Very sorry jujuno, great age but I know that does not make it easier
Brudder_A View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brudder_A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2019 at 1:36pm
Condolences to you and your family - jujuno.

RIP...
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2019 at 1:51pm
Sorry to hear about your mum JJ
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2019 at 1:52pm
Very sad news Julie, so sorry to hear that.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2019 at 8:46pm

RIP, Mum...Broken Heart

Sincere condolences jj Unhappy
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Go Flash Go View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Go Flash Go Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2019 at 10:39pm

RIP, Mum...Broken Heart

Dear Juno ... you took good care of her  ... she'll come back to you in your dreams.

Take care  and sincere condolences Smile
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2019 at 11:03pm
Hard losing your mum. So special Cry
Refer ALP Election Promises
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2019 at 12:24am
thank you all for your sympathies. We are farewelling her with a crazy wake at Bronte Surf Club, on Tuesday. I will miss discussing the footy, cricket, races and politics with her. She was a very intelligent woman who never wasted a minute of her life. Used to get the first race quinella with ease. I intend writing her biography when I finish my four-book series. She did some interesting stuff. 

Hug

horlicks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horlicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2019 at 12:31am
Certainly seems to have been a special lady jj.

Condolences and trust you send her off in style.
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2019 at 11:54pm
I would like to add my condolences JJ and hope the wake is a good one, plenty of singing, storytelling and memories   
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2019 at 12:30am
Yeah,  are we all invited to the wake, JJ ??
animals before people.
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2019 at 7:05pm
Former Olympic gold medallist and world champion in four weight divisions, Pernell Whittaker has died aged 55.

Known as Sweet Pea, he won the gold in 1984 in Los Angeles, turned professional the same year and won his first world title four years later. He lost that title and then won another title two years later, and went on a 7 year unbeaten run, until he met Oscar De La Hoya in 1997.

He was inducted into the Boxing Hall Of Fame in 2006, turned to training in his home state of Virginia and he briefly trained former world champion Zab Judah.

He died, after complications from being hit by a car.
horseshoe View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horseshoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2019 at 7:37pm
​​New Zealand racing is set to farewell another member of the Skelton family with the sudden death of Errol Bryan Skelton. Brother to, Frank, Bill, Bob (All Deceased) and Max.

RIP Errol
Those who know don't tell, Those who tell don't know
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2019 at 7:38pm
Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

Yeah,  are we all invited to the wake, JJ ??

Everyone wore bright colours and I had a very memorable "f**k you" moment with a certain family member...good fun...was well-received by many... Wink

now a new chapter in life begins....

thanks to you all...Clap

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 10:32am
Multiple grand slam doubles and half of the Super Macs, Peter McNamara aged 64 of prostate cancer
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 1:25pm
That is a big shock, seemed like a lovely guy
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 20>