Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

2019 Dead Pool

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 20>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2019 at 6:16pm
I'd just like to see all painkillers withheld untill the Devil takes him Angry
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2019 at 6:25pm
I’d like to just put a pillow of his face
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2019 at 6:37pm
You're far too kind Unhappy
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2019 at 7:30pm
Well when you look at it that way
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2019 at 7:34pm
Is it too late for him to join Izzy's church and get his ticket to heaven? 
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2019 at 7:43pm
LOL

Talking about tickets, wonder who punched Epstein's.  Would normally suggest fixer Cohen, but nah he's incarcerated too isn't he?
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2019 at 11:46pm
Originally posted by Gay3 Gay3 wrote:

I'd just like to see all painkillers withheld untill the Devil takes him Angry

Yeah, or he tells where the other girls are, and which brother it was that was with him in Belangelo. 
animals before people.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2019 at 4:13am
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

LOL

Talking about tickets, wonder who punched Epstein's.  Would normally suggest fixer Cohen, but nah he's incarcerated too isn't he?

Would have been a "bipartisan" decision to remove him from the suicide watch SC ... by all accounts good old lefties Bill Clinton and Prince Andrew were "Gold Class Frequent Flyers" with Epstein Air ... Trump was simply an "acquaintance" ... Wink
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2019 at 4:56pm
A gorilla on Rupert Murdoch.💩
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 3:03pm
Polly Farmer 84

SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 3:10pm
Australian Football Hall of Fame legend Graham 'Polly' Farmer has died aged 84.

The Western Australian forged a spectacular career in the WAFL before and after a successful stint with Geelong in the VFL.

One of the greatest ruckmen of all time, Farmer was named in the AFL Team of the Century in 1996 and as captain of the Indigenous Team of the Century in 2005.

His achievements include five WAFL flags - three with East Perth and two with West Perth - as well as one VFL premiership with the Cats.

Perhaps the strongest argument for Farmer's legacy among the greats of the game, however, is how he changed football with his ruck craft and handball skills.

A three-time Sandover medallist, he was diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease 24 years ago.

The West Australian reports Farmer died in hospital surrounded by his family.

"We have just shared our last precious moments with our dear dad and grandfather," daughter Kim told the newspaper.

"It’s been an amazing life shared with a beautiful man. We will miss him."

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2019 at 10:45am
Peter Fonda 79 from lung cancer.
Tontonan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tontonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2019 at 11:09am
Vale Peter Fonda

I just watched Easy Rider only two nights ago on SBS.  It is not a movie I have warmed to in the past but this time around I really got it as a very clever metaphor of what 'the sixties' was all about.

His father Henry Fonda conceded that he didn't  understand the movie yet it out grossed all of Henry's movies combined.  Not bad for junior's first shot at film making.  It cost $400,000 to make and proved a juggernaut at the box office grossing $60 million.

I think in the past the movie disappointed me because I wanted it to be a celebration of the counter culture and it is not.  It far more critical than that, and in my dotage I can appreciate that.

"We blew it Billy.  We blew it."

oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2019 at 11:15am
I didn't think Deep Throat was Linda Lovelace's best work either Tontonan. But there you go - the box office said differently ! 
Refer ALP Election Promises
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2019 at 2:22pm
Former National Party leader Tim Fischer at 73.
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2019 at 2:47pm
Deputy PM to Howard wasn’t he?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2019 at 2:53pm
Yes
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2019 at 2:56pm
Died from leukemia that he believed he got from Agent Orange exposure serving in Vietnam.
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2019 at 3:12pm
Sad news. Why does 73 seem young?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2019 at 3:20pm
A decent bloke passionate about trains, a subject he published several books as well as Australian history. Retired very young at 53. 
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2019 at 4:12pm
Yes , I liked him as well, a compassionate and kind soul. R.I.P. Tim.
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2019 at 4:27pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Died from leukemia that he believed he got from Agent Orange exposure serving in Vietnam.

Bet your life if he was in parliament when the Vietnam War was going he would swear blind that Agent Orange was 100% safe and only latte sipping inner city Greenies thought otherwise. RIP
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2019 at 4:31pm
That's sad - he always seemed like a decent person - that's a big call for any pollie!
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2019 at 4:31pm
Was the local member for my mother’s hometown.
Never heard a bad word about him, just a genuine nice guy.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2019 at 10:09pm
I met him thru my job a number of times and he was a truely nice man.   E&E, 73 isnt old at all is it ?
Sad for his family.   His kids wouldnt be grown up yet would they ?
animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2019 at 10:19pm
His 2 sons would be in their 20's. He announced his retirement from parliament in 1999 to spend more time with the younger one who had autism. He appeared to be 6 or 7 at the time. 
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2019 at 10:23pm
Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

I met him thru my job a number of times and he was a truely nice man.   E&E, 73 isnt old at all is it ?
Sad for his family.   His kids wouldnt be grown up yet would they ?

Don’t know AA, just pondering. I mean I guess it is old?? Seems like I would want more than just 73 years though that’s all.
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2019 at 10:24pm
His son Harrison is 25. He has autism but works part time at a primary school in Wodonga as a teachers aide/assistant to kids with disabilities

He has another son Dominic who is in his 20’s not sure of exact age.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2019 at 12:43pm
Now you say that abut the boy,s ages, Oh Dear, yes of course they are grown up !  OMG how times flys ! Its over 20 years since I worked that job, and they were small boys then because he used to have them with him sometimes.  I am so stoopid !Embarrassed
I only have 3 to go E&E, so I dont consider 73 to be old Wink
Its nice to hear his son Harrison is getting on in the world.  Thanks for the info.
animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2019 at 1:46pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 20>