Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

2019 Dead Pool

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 20>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2019 at 1:21am
Not sure we can blame this one on performance enhancers!

Usually when an athlete dies suddenly it is because they are suffering side effects!
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2019 at 3:53pm
Wasn't a "slip and fall" accident?
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Red Hare View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Hare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2019 at 2:33pm
Carlos Danger himself, Anthony Weiner, is out if prison.

‘Suicide’ pending.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2019 at 6:42pm
Anybody have George Mendosa ?

Worthy of triple points ?
reductio ad absurdum
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2019 at 6:59pm
Not likely
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2019 at 10:20pm
What about Lee Radziwill ?  Dead at 85.   Jackie O,s sister.
animals before people.
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2019 at 11:19pm
Karl Lagerfeld will not be designing any more outfits. Carked it at 85.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2019 at 11:29pm
I think Karl designed/dressed Lee, and Jackie,,,
animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 8:31am
Originally posted by ExceedAndExcel ExceedAndExcel wrote:

Karl Lagerfeld will not be designing any more outfits. Carked it at 85.

That is an interesting thing to think about. Do people wear clothes in heaven(presuming he went there) and if so, is there an opening for a new/old designer?
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 8:37am
I love high fashion. The men, usually gay, design idiotic clothes that cost a fortune, with new idiotic clothes designs every year, but they wear a uniform which never changes.
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 10:34am
I always wonder who wears those clothes you see in those lavish fashion parades ?  Always hearing where such and such a model walked for some high end designer, and you see the clothes worn in that walk, and I always wonder, has anyone ever seen any of that stuff worn by a real person , ever, anywhere ?  Disregarding the whackos like Kimmy and a couple of others, who wears that stuff ???
animals before people.
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 10:55am
Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

I always wonder who wears those clothes you see in those lavish fashion parades ?  Always hearing where such and such a model walked for some high end designer, and you see the clothes worn in that walk, and I always wonder, has anyone ever seen any of that stuff worn by a real person , ever, anywhere ?  Disregarding the whackos like Kimmy and a couple of others, who wears that stuff ???

They are totally impractical and in the main look ridiculous. I can’t imagine anyone ever wears them. They are probably just one-offs intended to get publicity for the designer to help sell the real stuff.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 12:12pm
They aren't meant to be worn, they are just to showcase the creativity and style of the designer.
Red Hare View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Hare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 1:08pm
I will say this for the fashion industry, they soon got down from their pulpits once the world cottoned on to their contribution towards global pollution.

Bit like giving Weiry credit for accepting a quick death... guilt will do that.
VSP. View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VSP. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 1:19pm
Karl Lagerfield's heiress is his famous cat Choupette, already a wealthy critter in her own right she will now be worth a very large fortune Shocked

www.snowshoecats.webs.com
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2019 at 9:13am
Monkees Peter Tork gone at 77.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2019 at 10:00am
Michael Murphy, one of Anita Cobby,s murderers, died in prison.  WooooHoooo, good riddance. 
animals before people.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2019 at 10:11am
He and his mates were pure unadulterated scum, They are that bad their families SHOULD be targeted.

I do not want to trivialize this but I wish people would stop calling these scumbags dogs.
reductio ad absurdum
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2019 at 11:10am
I agree djebel, not even hyenas or cats should be thought of in this context, let alone used to describe them.
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2019 at 12:10pm
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

He and his mates were pure unadulterated scum, They are that bad their families SHOULD be targeted.

I do not want to trivialize this but I wish people would stop calling these scumbags dogs.

we're all with you, on that...Dead
Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2019 at 1:00pm
Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

Michael Murphy, one of Anita Cobby,s murderers, died in prison.  WooooHoooo, good riddance. 

Image result for cheering meme
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2019 at 1:14pm
He is a piece of gelati, and I for one am glad he is dead.

I just saw on the news that other piece of garbage Gargasoulas (Bourke St rampage) got life but parole 46 years. Life should be life.
Karl and Susan Kennedy are my heroes
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2019 at 1:31pm
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

Vengeful, irrational c rap
Red Hare View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Hare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2019 at 2:39pm
Bloke was in palliative care since September.

Bit of a shame that couldn't have been strung out for another decade or so.
saintly96 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saintly96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2019 at 4:48pm
Peter Tork, who rose to teen-idol fame in 1966 playing the lovably clueless bass guitarist in the wisecracking, made-for-TV pop group The Monkees, has died.

He was 77.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2019 at 12:17am
Originally posted by Red Hare Red Hare wrote:

Bloke was in palliative care since September.

Bit of a shame that couldn't have been strung out for another decade or so.

Wonder why ?  Only in his 60ies ?   Shame he didnt suffer longer.   Hope his mates die the same way, and soon.  Sooner they are gone the better for us tax payers.   Hope Janine Balding,s killers go in agony too.
animals before people.
marble View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2019 at 6:40pm
awful news that Billy J Smith has passed away. Absolute legend up here in qld - and was a very generous soul. RIP Billy
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2019 at 10:26pm
Correct me if I am wrong marble but was he doing a footy show long before the Sydney and Melbourne ones?
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
marble View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2019 at 5:58am
Hi Voyager - yes he kicked off with 4IP radio station in brissie broadcasting the local rugby league then got a gig with channel 7
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2019 at 8:11am
Dont forget It's A Knockout in the 80's(?)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 20>