Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

2019 Dead Pool

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 20>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2018 at 9:32am
Originally posted by marble marble wrote:

I'll have a crack
mariah carey
loni andersen
prince phillip
donald trump
famous dex
tom cruise
chevvy chase
meat loaf
roger bannister
larry holmes

gone in March 2018
saintly96 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saintly96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2018 at 9:33am
Roger Bannister has already departed. RIP.
Prince of Penzance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prince of Penzance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2018 at 3:06pm
Bob Hawke in the news today saying he will likely die within the next few months
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2018 at 4:10pm
Yewbeyewty I get 19 points    
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2018 at 5:10pm
Amos Oz.  Acclaimed Israeli author and voice for peace generally but more particularly between Jews and Palestinians.
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2018 at 8:53pm
Originally posted by Prince of Penzance Prince of Penzance wrote:

Bob Hawke in the news today saying he will likely die within the next few months

Who cares ?   Sick of the sight of the sad old man who cheated big time on his devoted wife with that bimbo.
animals before people.
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2018 at 9:13pm
Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

Who cares ?   Sick of the sight of the sad old man who cheated big time on his devoted wife with that bimbo.

You are very hard to please, not impressed by John Hewson who has one of the best economic minds going around, or Bob Hawke who was one of our greatest Prime Ministers. 

Very high standards you have, except of course for Trump whose countless abhorrent transgressions and crimes make every other politician look like an angel. But hey that is just Trump, move on Confused

And blonde hair does not a bimbo make, how many books have you written ?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prince of Penzance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2018 at 9:26pm

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2018 at 11:30pm
Originally posted by Whale Whale wrote:

You are very hard to please, not impressed by John Hewson who has one of the best economic minds going around, or Bob Hawke who was one of our greatest Prime Ministers. 

Very high standards you have, except of course for Trump whose countless abhorrent transgressions and crimes make every other politician look like an angel. But hey that is just Trump, move on Confused

Not sure why you think Trump is in my high standards book ?   Hawk certainly isnt.  As to greatest PMs, thats a matter of opinion.  But as a man, he fails the test, as a husband .  His wife stuck to him thru his years of politiking and drinking and womanising,  while she stayed home and looked after his kids.
Then he dumped Hazel for Blanche.
Women who screw famous married men are bimbos, and Blanche fits that category.  Perfectly.
I have blonde hair and havnt written any books , or screwed other womens husbands either, so I think I know a bimbo when I see one LOL
Bob has reached his use by date and its time for him to go quietly.  

animals before people.
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2018 at 9:18am
well I won't say you are a bimbo but you have your definition wrong

Bimbo is a slang term for a well-built, attractive, somewhat dim woman.[1] The term was originally used in the United States as early as 1919 for an unintelligent or brutish male.[2]

As of the early 21st century, the "stereotypical bimbo" appearance became that of a brute and stupid, attractive woman, often blond and with a curvaceous figure and large breasts, possibly wearing heavy makeup and revealing clothing. It is also associated with "the dumb blonde" stereotype

ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2018 at 2:51pm
Around 24hrs to get entries in (unless you’re name is Isaac Solomon in which case you will be online and able to post an entry at 11:45pm tomorrow night ).

Remember, I am giving a $20 bonus bet to the winner this time so worth throwing your hat in the ring.
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2018 at 2:53pm

I will allow Bob Hawke as this news was not known at the time I started the thread. He’s have been a popular choice anyway I would have thought.
horlicks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horlicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2018 at 5:10pm
This is my guess

Prince Philip
Clarence Thomas
Larry King
James Baker
Jimmy Carter
John Thornett
Alan Davidson
John Major
Bashar al-Assad
David Attenborough

maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2018 at 6:41pm
The Australian Cricket Team.
Mr Mueller
The ALP
The Greens
Queensland
South Australia
Northern Territory
China
North Korea
The Bottom half of Me.
VSP. View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VSP. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2018 at 12:06am
I will give the kiss of life to:

Yoko Ono
Sidney Poitier
Al Pacino
Robbie Coltrane
Brigitte Bardot
Billy Connolly
Rupert Murdoch
Charlie Sheen
Dick Cheney
Bob Hawke

-that should seen them safely through to 2020 Embarrassed

www.snowshoecats.webs.com
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prince of Penzance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2018 at 8:48am
Bob Hawke
Donald Trump
Kim Kardashian
Prince Philip
Eddie McGuire
Ellen De Generes
Jo Hall (9 news)
Julia Gillard
Kevin Rudd
Tony Abbott
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2018 at 2:24pm
Originally posted by Whale Whale wrote:

I'm with AA...I won't cry when he kicks the bucket...and she is definitely a bimbo...(I've written two books..ha!)
Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2018 at 2:27pm
Good Oh JJ Thumbs Up  We do agree with each other sometimes, dont we .LOLHappy New Year.

animals before people.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2018 at 2:38pm
okay...I've got inside info from my daughter on a couple...

Bob Hawke  
 Christopher Lloyd
 Prince Pip (has to be this year)
 Kirk Douglas (even if I score poorly, he's gotta be on the list) 
 Terence Stamp
 Clint Eastwood
 Glynis Johns
 Christopher Plummer
 Rhonda Fleming
 Liza Minnelli (her voice is from the crypt) 

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2018 at 2:39pm

Good Oh JJ Thumbs Up  We do agree with each other sometimes, dont we .LOLHappy New Year.

Happy New Year, AA...been an incredible 2018 for me...I think 2019 might be the payback for it...Ouch
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2019 at 3:51pm
Hope not.  Fingers crossed 2019 is as good as 18 has been for you.  Thumbs Up
animals before people.
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2019 at 4:29pm
Olivia Newton-john is reportedly clinging to life with weeks rather than months to live according to people close to her.
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2019 at 4:35pm
Not sure if we have any Dr Hook fans here, but Ray Sawyer, one of the duo, has died, aged 81.

Walk Right In, The Cover of Rolling Stone are probably there more popular songs.
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2019 at 4:38pm
That's most unfortunate news if correct.

ps my prime New Year's wish is that Peter Dutton attend a few music festivals during 2019 and totally involve himself in the experience.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2019 at 4:40pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Olivia Newton-john is reportedly clinging to life with weeks rather than months to live according to people close to her.

Really ?

This is terrible if true.

reductio ad absurdum
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2019 at 4:45pm
VSP. View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VSP. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2019 at 4:49pm
news.com.au reported at 4.43pm 02/01/19

But those in the star’s inner-circle have told news.com.au that ONJ is A-OK.

An Australian source said Newton-John, famed for her role in Grease and a string of musical hits, is perfectly well and had enjoyed the Christmas and New Year period.

Her American representative Michael Caprio laughed when contacted by news.com.au, saying reports of his client’s imminent demise were “hilarious”.

“No she has not,” Mr Caprio said. “You might want to get better sources versus reading tabloids.”

www.snowshoecats.webs.com
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2019 at 4:56pm
Hopefully Isaac's favorite source is as wrong about this as it is with most other stuff.
Isaac soloman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2019 at 7:09pm
why were you looking there in the first place pt?

since when have you become a critic of the west?

let alone reading itLOL

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2019 at 9:57pm
PT has become a groupie of idle chit chat LOL  Its diverting him from the real life situations that usually worry him.   Like , will Shorten get elected and put the world to rights Cry Will Trump get impeached and America fall in a heap .  ( Dream on with that one Wink )
animals before people.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 20>