Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Topic ClosedHas Trump been Impeached yet?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 36>
Author
Champion
Champion

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2018 at 2:27pm
Only Democrats can impeach. Republicans could introduce articles but it is only Democrats who can begin the investigations. 
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2018 at 2:46pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Only Democrats can impeach. Republicans could introduce articles but it is only Democrats who can begin the investigations. 

Is that a fact- well in that case it won't happen unless it's a sure thing, that is, the Republicans assure them they will vote for it. No point in impeaching him if the Republicans won't vote for it. And they won't vote for it.

Leave Trump for the voters and the criminal courts.
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2018 at 2:58pm
Democrats would commence in a heartbeat, except they have memories of Clinton being impeached and the electorate seeing it as a witch hunt and re-elected him.

They are only waiting till they get through some public hearings that they now control to show up the corruption of the former Republican run committees and if it shows what they know already, they will formally commence. Hopefully Mueller's report or a series of sub reports in the form of court filings will reinforce their decision.
Champion
Champion

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2018 at 3:02pm
They still need 67 votes in the Republican controlled Senate to remove Trump following a Senate trial presided over by John Roberts. Events of this week makes it more possible Republicans are beginning to see it is more in their own self interest to cut him loose.

Champion
Champion

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2018 at 3:04pm

Republican Leadership Is Slowly Backing Away From Trump

Trump’s popularity with voters is only one part of the picture. Leaders within the GOP are clearly hedging their bets as 2020 approaches.

Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2018 at 12:47am
Just wondering ... has Trump been impeached yet?
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2018 at 8:31am
Originally posted by Dr E Dr E wrote:

Just wondering ... has Trump been impeached yet?

2 years ago I think Doc.   About the same time some thought Labor were still in power here.

We need Tones Back.
Baguette View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2018 at 8:32am
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

Is that a fact- well in that case it won't happen unless it's a sure thing, that is, the Republicans assure them they will vote for it. No point in impeaching him if the Republicans won't vote for it. And they won't vote for it.

I’ve always believed this will end with a Richard Nixon style resignation. Trump will do a deal to save his son and son-in-law from prosecution. And himself of course. Trouble is the Trump supporters are a different breed to the Nixon voters . In other words they’re crazy so anything could happen !
Champion
Champion

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2018 at 8:40am
Originally posted by Baguette Baguette wrote:

I’ve always believed this will end with a Richard Nixon style resignation. Trump will do a deal to save his son and son-in-law from prosecution. And himself of course. Trouble is the Trump supporters are a different breed to the Nixon voters . In other words they’re crazy so anything could happen !

A lot of thought that Emmet Flood's main role will be soft land the Trumpellin with a resignation/immunity deal. The thing that complicates that though is the parceling out of most of the Trump corporation and family investigations to State jurisdictions who have a fair degree of autonomy.

Flood was a Clinton adviser during his impeachment and represented Hillary through her email investigations. 
Champion
Champion

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2018 at 8:53am
Impeachment is nothing. It is merely being indicted.

Asking if Trump will be impeached is like asking if Al Capone will be indicted for murder when you know he's got the judge and the jury at the trial in his pocket.

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2018 at 8:58am
The thing with a Senate trial, which follows Impeachment is that every detail of everything he is accused of is played on live tv. It is a full open trial. Does he want every aspect of his business and personal life laid out before everyone as it was with Bill Clinton?
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2018 at 1:09pm

What laws have they broken?

It seems that the investigation has failed to produce anything, and they are resorting to simply tripping people up on technicalities - because they are OBVIOUSLY crooks ... oh, and the prosecutors are biased zealots, supported by a media of the same ilk.

To an impartial observer, this is simply a never-ending witch hunt.

To his base, it is an abuse of their mandate and just makes them more staunch in their support, and more likely to ignore any transgression he might actually be guilty of.

People, in general, are numb to the egregious abuse of the judicial process that has happened - we will look back on this period in amazement.
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
rusty nails View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2018 at 3:09pm
Please tell me how you arrive at the conclusion that Mueller is a biased zealot?
The investigation has announced nothing,you have no idea what they have found out.
They are following the tried and tested method of mopping up the fringe offenders,gaining what facts they can,and continue on.
It’s an accepted fact that any findings against Trump will be unveiled at the very end.
There is so much corruption surrounding Trump that they are not there yet.

Tripping up people?
Many have been found guilty of deliberately lying, that’s not a technicality, that’s the act of a guilty person trying to evade responsibility for their actions.
Champion
Champion

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2018 at 3:23pm
Originally posted by rusty nails rusty nails wrote:

Please tell me how you arrive at the conclusion that Mueller is a biased zealot?
The investigation has announced nothing,you have no idea what they have found out.
They are following the tried and tested method of mopping up the fringe offenders,gaining what facts they can,and continue on.
It’s an accepted fact that any findings against Trump will be unveiled at the very end.
There is so much corruption surrounding Trump that they are not there yet.

Tripping up people?
Many have been found guilty of deliberately lying, that’s not a technicality, that’s the act of a guilty person trying to evade responsibility for their actions.

Unfortunately for the Trumpet Muppets Rosenstein picked the ultimate American straight arrow and lifelong Republican to investigate their immoral idol.Big smile

You could not have picked anyone in the entire USA less open to charges of impropriety or bias- literally ... but still they try. It's funny.LOL

Simon Cameron

Baguette View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2018 at 3:43pm
The responses here from the Trump supporters is unfortunately typical and has gotten me a bit worried as to what is going to happen when their hero is inevitably run out of town. The level of delusional tunnel vision is so high I’m concerned they might put on their tinfoil hats, grab one of their 30 guns and run amok! Nixon in the end went fairly quietly and didn’t try to stir up trouble . Let’s hope the orange Baboon does the same.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2018 at 2:58am

The responses here from the Trump supporters is unfortunately typical and has gotten me a bit worried as to what is going to happen when their hero is inevitably run out of town. The level of delusional tunnel vision is so high I’m concerned they might put on their tinfoil hats, grab one of their 30 guns and run amok! Nixon in the end went fairly quietly and didn’t try to stir up trouble . Let’s hope the orange Baboon does the same.

So you are just taking the FAKE NEWS line too? The losers on every corner have decided that The Trump Crime Family are "public enemy number one" and as such, they should be prosecuted no matter what? - the investigation was supposed to reveal collusion by Trump with Russia to influence the election - which is not actually an offence, and the whole pretence is a joke ... you know, like this is the first time a foreign country has tried to influence an election in another country!!!Cry ... the scariest thing is that there are so many people who were actually sucked into the ridiculous contrived sham. 

Again, what laws have been broken by Trump, or his family ... other than embarrassing the FAKE NEWS media and the elitist career politicians on both sides, and their unhinged card carrying bureaucrats and public servants in the FBI and DOJ?Confused
Champion
Champion

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2018 at 7:05am
Doc, why has Trump got a joint defense agreement with approximately 15 people(most of the criminal enterprise) who are either in prison, going through trials grand juries, or awaiting indictments? Wouldn't you stay at arms length and let the feds clean up your administration being sullied? Why has Manafort, the center of the Russian conspiracy had his plea agreement torn up for back channeling to Trump? Seems like Trump is acting like a guilty person.

JOINT AGREEMENTS.
rusty nails View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2018 at 7:07am
If there was collusion, the the crime is conspiracy.
That’s a real thing,and judging by the fact that the Trumps have 4 or 5 versions of what happened at the Trump tower meeting, they are desperately hiding something.
It appears jnr will be charged perjury in his attempt to cover his tracks with this meeting.

Again, it’s ridiculously early to be claiming no evidence exists.
The investigation has announced zero findings.
However,given they are discounting sentences for some that have pled guilty, it does not bode well for Trump.

It’s clear,he broke the law with self dealing with funds from his “charity” for one.
The spending on his inauguration also has red flags all over it.
Baguette View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2018 at 9:10am
It’s difficult to know how to respond to Dr E and the Trump supporters. If every unpalatable fact is dismissed as “ Fake News” it makes it difficult ! I can say that I’m not opposed to Trump because of his politics . It’s possible you know to disagree politically with someone WITHOUT believing they’re a mentally unstable criminal. I’m not opposed to Trumps stated aim to “ Drain the Swamp” . On the contrary I’d be more inclined to back him on that. Like millions of voters around the world I’m fed up with both sides of politics. No I’m opposed to Trump because he’s a fraud. He’s a Reality TV star whose only talent is self promotion . His major asset is his carefully manufactured image and his name , which he would sell off in lucrative licensing agreements for various “Trump” projects around the world . And he didn’t care who he did business with and that’s the problem now. Maybe the Trump zealots should ask themselves not if the Russians were involved in swinging the election Trumps way but why they were so keen for him to be in the White House. What’s in it for them and why would they believe Trump would be on their side? The answer is in the people involved in the negotiations for Trump Tower Moscow and the earlier Trump Tower in Azerbaijan. Makes very interesting reading .
Champion
Champion

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2018 at 9:13am

It’s difficult to know how to respond to Dr E and the Trump supporters. If every unpalatable fact is dismissed as “ Fake News” it makes it difficult ! I can say that I’m not opposed to Trump because of his politics . It’s possible you know to disagree politically with someone WITHOUT believing they’re a mentally unstable criminal. I’m not opposed to Trumps stated aim to “ Drain the Swamp” . On the contrary I’d be more inclined to back him on that. Like millions of voters around the world I’m fed up with both sides of politics. No I’m opposed to Trump because he’s a fraud. He’s a Reality TV star whose only talent is self promotion . His major asset is his carefully manufactured image and his name , which he would sell off in lucrative licensing agreements for various “Trump” projects around the world . And he didn’t care who he did business with and that’s the problem now. Maybe the Trump zealots should ask themselves not if the Russians were involved in swinging the election Trumps way but why they were so keen for him to be in the White House. What’s in it for them and why would they believe Trump would be on their side? The answer is in the people involved in the negotiations for Trump Tower Moscow and the earlier Trump Tower in Azerbaijan. Makes very interesting reading .

I practice on a brick Baguette, and get more intelligent responses from it.
Isaac soloman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2018 at 10:48am
will be hard to reeducate pt if he has been obsessing over trump for TWENTY years.

in fact, i would say he must have felt that all his Christmases had come at once when trump became president.

either that or he is a fortune teller, and therefore he had the opportunity to disrupt trumps president plan, considering the obsessive disrupting he does here.

however isnt trump the accidental pres?

gee, the opposition must have been rottenLOL

Champion
Champion

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2018 at 11:11am
Originally posted by Isaac soloman Isaac soloman wrote:

will be hard to reeducate pt if he has been obsessing over trump for TWENTY years.

in fact, i would say he must have felt that all his Christmases had come at once when trump became president.

either that or he is a fortune teller, and therefore he had the opportunity to disrupt trumps president plan, considering the obsessive disrupting he does here.

however isnt trump the accidental pres?

gee, the opposition must have been rottenLOL

Hey Isaac, you know how you know all this stuff about China, how dangerous they are and how people you know actually know stuff, but nobody is listening you?
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2018 at 3:15pm

A couple of things.

"The Boy Who Cried Wolf" syndrome has made the reporting on Trump almost pointless - who knows what is true and what isn't - the Democrats and the "mainstream" media are both so unhinged about every little thing, it all blends into one giant lie so far as his base is concerned - and on the other hand, the haters just believe anything that the media and the Dems say - did you miss the shameful Kavanaugh beat up?Embarrassed

As for his policies, whether by good luck or good management, regardless of what is NOT reported, they have generally been effective. He was supposed to cause a recession - massively streamlined business red tape, cut corporate taxes and he has created the greatest economy of any country, ever. He was supposed to cause a Nuclear Conflict with North Korea - First President to meet with Little Rocket Man, and he has stopped testing nukes. He has a mandate to "build that wall" and he is only trying to do exactly what every administration before him has done there - maintain and improve the countries border security.

Trump is NOT a career politician, he IS a highly successful New York Property Developer and negotiator who has been successful on a global basis, and a reality TV star ... I think you overrate Career Politicians - they are generally unqualified parasites whom you would not employ voluntarily in the real world, in my experience.

NOBODY, not even "RUSSIA!, RUSSIA!, RUSSIA!" seriously expected Trump to win the election, in fact, he didn't! ... ask any serious commentator, and they will tell you that Hillary lost it because of her arrogance and her corruption. Russians spent less money on facebook adds in order to "manipulate" the election outcome than Hillary got for her book "How the fcuk did that happen?" ... it is just a load of crap, and as I said before, what country has not been trying to influence foreign elections over the past 100+ years??? ... never read a decent spy novel?

As for the condescending references to anyone who doesn't agree with the hateful unhinged leftists as "zealots" amongst other things, those who support him in the states do so because he is the first POTUS since Reagan who has actually tried to do what he promised ... as for me personally, I really don't care, and I'm simply an unbiased observer.Big smile
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2018 at 3:21pm

... and arrogant pretentious prigs like you are the reason why Trump will be a Two Term POTUS!Clap
Champion
Champion

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2018 at 3:22pm
Even Fox News Doc, even Fox News.

Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2018 at 3:27pm
Good to see you have switched to a "news" provider that takes a "balanced" approach to reporting!Thumbs Up

But really, this is Old news CNNPT ... anything current? ... keep on trolling Sad Sack!Wink
Champion
Champion

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2018 at 3:33pm

... and arrogant pretentious prigs like you are the reason why Trump will be a Two Term POTUS!Clap

No, it is only dumb as brick Trumpanzees who sip the Trump KoolAde that re-elect him. 
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2018 at 3:36pm
[

[/QUOTE]

nobody could accuse you of arrogance Doc LOL
Champion
Champion

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2018 at 3:38pm
I am surprised he is still here after yesterday Whale

So disappointing to see him slip back again. Ouch
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2018 at 4:39pm

No, it is only dumb as brick Trumpanzees who sip the Trump KoolAde that re-elect him. 

You will never get it, will you?Ouch

The great unwashed are smarter than the out of touch self-proclaimed geniuses like you could ever give them credit for ... 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 36>