Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Breeding - Public Forums > Breeding Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Strasbourg

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ticino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Strasbourg
    Posted: 05 Dec 2018 at 10:42am
Hello,
when I checked the ped of the promising colt Strasbourg (I am Invincible) I spot an interesting pattern. His 3rd dam 'Peeping' is bred 1x3 to the FB/FS Todman/Star Ocean, a very inbred horse. Fillies/mares are offen disappointing on the racetrack, but turn out good broodmares.

regards, Ticino
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2018 at 11:06am
There is more Todman blood in Dane Shadow also Ticino.  Then the sire I Am Invincible is from the Chelandry female line and has another dash through Zoffany 1980 and in the mare you find Zeditave.  Marked it as one to follow from the sales but it went through the roof like a lot of the I am Invincibles in the last few years.  He throws a lovely type and they can gallop.  Without the Everest he would be closing on the top of the sire list this season.  He just a tad over $5,500,000 behind and first prize in the everest was $6,549K.  He led before the race and then WInx came out for Street Cry so he's up against the champion middle distance and Champion sprinter to get to the top.  Could be a challenge with the money available to these horses in the autumn but he's having a stellar season.  
 Post Reply Post Reply