Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Kingston Town Classic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonfield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kingston Town Classic
    Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 9:16pm
Race 1 - 4:50PM MAGIC MILLIONS-KINGSTON TOWN CLASSIC (1800 METRES)Times displayed in local time of Race Meeting
Of $1,000,000.1st $590,000, 2nd $200,000, 3rd $90,000, 4th $40,000, 5th $20,000, 6th $10,000, 7th $10,000, 8th $10,000, 9th $10,000, 10th $10,000, Equine Welfare Fund $10,000. GROUP 1
Standard Weight for Age, Three-Years-Old and Upwards, Apprentices cannot claim.

Track Name: Main Track Type: Turf 

Field Limit: 30

NoLast 10HorseTrainerJockeyBarrierWeightPenaltyHcp Rating
1x632117521TRAP FOR FOOLSJarrod McLeanDamien Oliver1059kg
25221x111x3MATERIAL MANJustin WarwickMs Lucy Warwick259kg
38x522x2330GREAT SHOTRhys RadfordCraig Staples559kg
4x544431x12GATTINGDarren McauliffeDamian Lane359kg
52x9L54x777STAR EXHIBITAdam DurrantJarrad Noske759kg
63095611805MISTER SEA WOLF (IRE)Chris WallerRory Hutchings1259kg
7x6038x87x3HEART STARTERChris GangemiPeter Knuckey1159kg
8x2441111x6PRYING TOMSharon MillerAlan Kennedy1559kg
923x70x1320ACHERNAR STARSimon A MillerShaun Mc Gruddy158.5kg
10113x381188ICONOCLASMDarren WeirDean Yendall858.5kg
1115233x6052HOLY SNOWDarren WeirMitchell Pateman958.5kg
121x2111x211GALAXY STARGrant & Alana WilliamsChris Parnham1457kg
13222x333228ELEGANT BLASTJustin WarwickGlenn Smith1357kg
14x11414x684PERFECT JEWELGrant & Alana WilliamsPeter Hall456.5kg
1511311ARCADIA QUEENGrant & Alana WilliamsWilliam Pike650kg
Bonfield View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonfield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 9:19pm
I find this year's edition a very exciting race. The two pink and white horses were super impressive at their last starts. Up against Mackinnon winner and very talented Material Man.
Prince of Penzance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prince of Penzance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 9:26pm
Don’t be surprised if Holy Snow runs a cracker.
First run for Weir was excellent.
Has had two trials in WA after having some barrier issue in the past.
Work in progress, once he puts it all together he will be a nice horse. Already a Group 2 winner in Melbourne
Bonfield View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonfield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2018 at 7:00am
Yes Holy Snow could run a bottler. Horse is a bit of a nutcase I believe but if anyone can get the best from him it's Weir.
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2018 at 7:00am
Originally posted by Bonfield Bonfield wrote:

I find this year's edition a very exciting race. The two pink and white horses were super impressive at their last starts. Up against Mackinnon winner and very talented Material Man.

Bob Peters, with the pink and white actually has 4 runners and 1 that was previously his in the race
The roughy of the lot is a great chance, Perfect Jewel
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2018 at 5:23pm
I thought Perfect Jewel ran a cracker for us in the Railway, and the extra 200m is ideal.

Can't have Galaxy Star from that gate, although the Pikemeister is in great form.

Gatting is extremely underrated!
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
Bonfield View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonfield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2018 at 6:46pm
Galaxy Star gets back anyway. The barrier may not be a problem. Will probably sit one out at the tail.
Bonfield View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonfield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2018 at 6:52pm
I see this as a match race between the Bob Peter's horses Arcadia Queen and Galaxy Star. Their record is phenomenal. Neither have missed a place in their careers. AQ has 80% win SR and GS 77% win SR. Incredible!
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2018 at 8:16am
I’ve been on Arcadia Queen every start of her life, due to her breeding but at $2.50 I’m prepared to take my wins and leave her in this

Perfect Jewel @ $17 at the moment but will the tote be better in the day?
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2018 at 7:21pm
Surprised Material Man isn't getting any love here, I thought his run in the Railway under topweight looked a good trial for this race.
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2018 at 7:41pm
Have taken 2,4,8,12,14 and 15 all ways for 25% as an interest without expecting a result.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2018 at 7:44pm
In the Tri that is.
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2018 at 8:05pm
That was a nice win.  Pierro seems to like Redoute's Choice mares and they can get out over a distance.  Wonder if we can get her to come to Sydney.
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2018 at 8:06pm
Queen Elizabeth to take on WInx.
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2018 at 8:10pm
Hopefully she comes over for the Storm Queen and Oaks than possibly the Queen Elizabeth.
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2018 at 8:16pm
Nice win but I'm not getting too excited yet. Will need to improve if she runs in the east. That's wgere the quality is. Harsh I know but its true.

That bein said, she win nicely today ans I hope she runs in the eastern states.
Bonfield View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonfield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2018 at 11:08pm
That was a an enormous win! Material Man and Galaxy Star are genuine WFA horses and she made them look 3rd rate. I think she might be the 2nd best horse in Australia, behind Winx of course.
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2018 at 11:56pm

That was a an enormous win! Material Man and Galaxy Star are genuine WFA horses and she made them look 3rd rate. I think she might be the 2nd best horse in Australia, behind Winx of course.

Material Man and Galaxy Star - genuine WFA horses?

How would they go in the east?
Australian racing is only good up to 1400m in terms of world standards when it comes to depth/quality in numbers
Bonfield View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonfield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2018 at 12:07am
Jamal I think you consistently underrate Perth horses. You seem to think they have to prove themselves in the east for some reason. Material Man and Galaxy Star are as good as most WFA winners in the east.
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2018 at 1:04am

Jamal I think you consistently underrate Perth horses. You seem to think they have to prove themselves in the east for some reason. Material Man and Galaxy Star are as good as most WFA winners in the east.

I underrate Perth racing because the proof is in the pudding....Perth racing is lengths below Sydney and Melbourne racing. The quality is in the eastern states - that is fact. Many MANY horses from WA have gone and raced in the east and failed and why...because they are not good enough...it is as simple as that. However history shows every now and then that WA will produce a good horse who does well in the eastern states.

Going by your logic in terms of rating Material Man and Galaxy Star - they would beat Humidor who is probably the second best WFA horse behind Winx. What about Benbatl..do those two horses beat Benbatl as well?

There is a reason why I dont rate WA racing....its there for all to see. That doesn't mean I hate EA racing...I'm a Perth boy...but the cream of the crop lies in Sydney and Melbourne (no particular order).

As always with the good WA horses who did well in the east - they had to improve and lift several levels and the Kingston Town winner will have to improve again if she runs in the eastern states, that bein said..she deserves a chance to compete at the highlest level in Aussie racing - the eastern states.
Australian racing is only good up to 1400m in terms of world standards when it comes to depth/quality in numbers
Grey Affair View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Grey Affair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2018 at 2:21am
Arcadia Queen won the race by four and a half lengths. It's not as though she just fell in. By my ratings, it was the best performance by a three year old filly all season.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2018 at 8:38am
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

Have taken 2,4,8,12,14 and 15 all ways for 25% as an interest without expecting a result.

Keen eyes will have noted that I backed the trifecta.  Big smile

Keener eyes will note that I lost money in doing so.  Embarrassed
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2018 at 8:45am
She beat the Mackinnon winner by six and a half lengths.  Really he was the only horse with good form in the East to measure her against.  But last start he beat an Irish Derby and VRC Derby winner so perhaps this is a sign of a very good filly.
Lord Hybrow View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord Hybrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2018 at 9:35am
She looked very good yesterday & love to see her head east in the Autumn.

But what I find disappointing is that better eastern state horses don’t participate in this rich $1.0m WFA event.

G3 caliber horses like Iconoclasm, Mr Sea Wolf & Holy Snow are never going to cut the mustard in a race like this.

Just off the top of my head, wouldn’t horses such as the following be well placed in a G1 WFA race over 1800m - Best of Days, Hartnell, D’Argento?
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2018 at 2:03pm
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2018 at 2:25pm
Certainly backs up Bonfields assessment. You could draw a link of some sort back to Winx through Trap For Fools via Blair House and then Benbatl but I'll leave that to people smarter than I to quantify that.

It was an impressive win and she did beat some good horses, hopefully she goes to Sydney in the autumn for the Storm Queen and Oaks oe perhaps even the Queen Elizabeth/Doncaster.
kavg View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kavg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2018 at 2:50pm
Originally posted by Jamal Jamal wrote:

https://www.punters.com.au/news/arcadia-queen-equal-second-best-of-season_175373/

Thoughts?

May not be the 2nd best performance of the season so far (winx in Colgate optic white was pretty good!) but pretty close and definitely best 3yo performance of the year including The Autumn Sun.

Hopefully she develops over the summer/autumn and further into her 4yo career as she could possibly be the best to come from WA for quite a few years.
Prejudice is an emotional attachment to ignorance.
DiEM25 for the world.
Speediskey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speediskey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2018 at 3:03pm
I think her and the Autumn Sun are very close - you have to remember he sat 3 wide at Caulfield and won effortlessly by the same margin - I would still say TAS is a better horse, but a match race will be close.
Bonfield View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonfield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2018 at 4:33pm
The thing is TAS beat $101 pop Vassilator. AQ beat multiple WFA winner Material Man and last start G1 winner Galaxy Star. 
Bonfield View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonfield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2018 at 4:34pm
No knock TAS, just feel AQ has done more.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>