Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Community - Public Forums > General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Career ending

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Brudder_A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Career ending
    Posted: 28 Nov 2018 at 4:35pm
As I head into the last month of career and face the reality that I will be living off what I have saved or accumulated over these 38 years I read an article sentimental about the farewell retirements of the P3-C Orions from Edinburgh RAAF Airbase.

Back in 1982 my first job on my return to OZ was writing custom SW for these planes and then testing it on board.  *Talk about belly aches*! Great memories!

Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2018 at 4:59pm
Hope you can enjoy your retirement Brudder.

I flew just once in a P3-C Orion and for whatever reason sh@t myself mentally though thankfully not literally.
Brudder_A View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brudder_A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2018 at 5:12pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

Hope you can enjoy your retirement Brudder.

I flew just once in a P3-C Orion and for whatever reason sh@t myself mentally though thankfully not literally.

Thanks for your comments...

While I didn't have enuff time to sh*t myself I definitely had to use the brown paper bags that were provided (Just in case).

Part of the SW testing involved geo-navigational 3D aerial maneuvers etc. in the Gulf St Vincent.
The pilots would take the plane up to about 10,000 feet and then drop down to several hundred feet above sea-level. Guts in your mouth!

And then of course they would end the show practicing with "Touch and GOs" before landing.
That would finish you off if you think you hold anything!

acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2018 at 9:17pm
Sad seeing these work horses phased out.  
Have a bit of a "thing " for planes.  Worked around them, but not in them, for about 5 years.  
Especially love the old ones. 
animals before people.
 Post Reply Post Reply