Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Monday Racing Blog November 19 2018

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Monday Racing Blog November 19 2018
    Posted: 19 Nov 2018 at 7:30am
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Dizzy View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2018 at 8:23am
Good morning Gay3 and all.   
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2018 at 4:25pm
Scone 7 - 8 Silent Jack, interesting name given his trainer is Alan Denham Smile
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2018 at 6:07pm
Originally posted by Gay3 Gay3 wrote:

Scone 7 - 8 Silent Jack, interesting name given his trainer is Alan Denham Smile

Would be named after the Nic given to Alan's dad Jack, very interesting family really, Alan was a top apprentice in Sydney many years ago, father Jack and his stable jockey Doug Weir sailed very close to the wind a few times in the 50s , Jacks brother Mick got life for caffeine sometime in the early 50s ( was reduced to 4 eventually) the stewards didn't muck around then, Jack had a huge blue with TJ in the members stand one day over Tommy pinching horses ( who da thought lol) Jack hated the media and gave them nothing , mellowed a little late in life, Bert Lillye a top journo was Jacks " go to man" ,
I remember Brian May- Smith saying Jack was the only trainer he worked for and I learnt nothing so I had to start my own way, I'm thinking WTF does he have to spoon feed you too, you watch , you listen , if you don't know, Ask!..like I say lot of history with the Denhams.
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2018 at 6:17pm
Originally posted by Gay3 Gay3 wrote:

Owner’s Details Miss M A Zammit, Mr M J Denham, Mr D C Zammit, Mr R N Zammit, Mr R J Zammit, Mr R J Smith Denham, Mr B J Zammit, Miss B R Denham
 Post Reply Post Reply