Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

All Star Mile Vic Autumn

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 20>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2019 at 6:42pm
It is based on an Invitation race that has been run in Japan since the 1950's

4 horses are invited, so presumably if horses like The Autumn Sun, Happy Clapper etc dont get in through the vote, they get invited. It wont be like The Kosciuszko 
Hartnell is dominant View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hartnell is dominant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2019 at 6:53pm
I’ve sent an email to Greg Carpenter at Racing Vic for an explanation
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2019 at 6:59pm
So did I. He answered t queries I had today. He is very good.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hartnell is dominant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2019 at 7:27pm
Agreed.
jacko1 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacko1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2019 at 7:40pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

It is based on an Invitation race that has been run in Japan since the 1950's

4 horses are invited, so presumably if horses like The Autumn Sun, Happy Clapper etc dont get in through the vote, they get invited. It wont be like The Kosciuszko 

Yeah I mean the concept needs fixing if the most exciting 3 year old and one of the most popular older horses can't muster the votes to get in. I'm not against owners trying to rally the votes, but hopefully the general racing fan gets involved in voting and we get a competitive field. 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2019 at 7:50pm
If TAS Alizee, Happy Clapper or Grunt misses out on the voting they will be among the contenders for the 4 wildcards selected. If they all get in then the 4 wildcards will be the next 4 best that missed out. I can see 6-8 Group One horses in first.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2019 at 4:28am
pnclick View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pnclick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2019 at 11:11am
I'm amazed why anyone is voting at this stage if they want a good chance (albeit slim) of becoming an "owner ambassador" and be in the running for 500k in prizemoney... I'm waiting until the last hour or so, and picking whoever is 9th or 10th in order of votes... at least then you've got a better chance of being drawn out of those voters.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2019 at 11:18am
Originally posted by pnclick pnclick wrote:

I'm amazed why anyone is voting at this stage if they want a good chance (albeit slim) of becoming an "owner ambassador" and be in the running for 500k in prizemoney... I'm waiting until the last hour or so, and picking whoever is 9th or 10th in order of votes... at least then you've got a better chance of being drawn out of those voters.

Shut the kiss up LOL
reductio ad absurdum
Gee Gee View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gee Gee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2019 at 12:29pm
Originally posted by jacko1 jacko1 wrote:

Originally posted by Afros Afros wrote:

The Autumn Sun will start at money back against that lot.

They add four wild cards to the race two weeks before so he may get some competition in the form of that. 

There's your FF. Load up :)
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hartnell is dominant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2019 at 3:34pm
TOP 10 ALL-STARS LEADERBOARD
Horse                         # Votes
1     Urban Ruler          4364
2     The Autumn Sun     3114
3     Grunt                  1643
4     Extra Brut          1632
=5     Moss 'n' Dale          1592
=5    Amphitrite          1592
7     Man of His Word.    1586
8     Mr Money Bags     1425
9     Foundry                  1228
10     Material Man          1177
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hartnell is dominant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2019 at 3:36pm
The 4 wildcards have to be from the ones out of the top 10 though I think. they can’t just add ransoms.
pnclick View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pnclick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2019 at 10:45pm
Originally posted by Hartnell is dominant Hartnell is dominant wrote:

The 4 wildcards have to be from the ones out of the top 10 though I think. they can’t just add ransoms.

No they don't. They can be any horse. And I'm sure RVL are trying to encourage an international to come here. But the wildcards will go to horses like Te Akau Shark, who may not get the votes here to get one of the 10 voting spots etc...

Chris Waller didn't nominate Winx, as she would have stifled the voting, and she will get a wildcard in anycase if they have a change of mind in relation to running in this race.
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2019 at 5:52am
I picked Mystic Journey.....before last night. I'll be interested to see the vote count todayWink
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2019 at 5:55am
Start the race early- I can't stand the excitement.Tongue
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2019 at 6:00am
Slammington View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slammington Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2019 at 6:31am
When The Autumn Sun is withdrawn those votes should be recast
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2019 at 6:35am
And for the other 120 odd who miss out who have votes?
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2019 at 6:46am
Who the hell is Urban Ruler?

Oh, I see.Clap

I read somewhere that most of those in the top 10 are 200/1, 300/1 shots. What a concept.LOL
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

pnclick View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pnclick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2019 at 7:20am
David Hayes doesn't appear to have many owners who can be stuffed voting at this stage. He's got half the runners with 10 or less votes, and none in the top 25 at this stage. Redkirk Warrior another who may be reliant on the wildcard.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2019 at 7:19am
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2019 at 7:42am
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

Oh, I see.Clap

I read somewhere that most of those in the top 10 are 200/1, 300/1 shots. What a concept.LOL

It’s a total embarrassment isn’t it?

A horse that can’t even win a class 6 at the Sunshine Coast is on top!
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2019 at 7:58am
Probably guarantees The Autumn Sun won't run, everything he does this autumn will be about enhancing his stud value for 2019.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2019 at 8:12am

Probably guarantees The Autumn Sun won't run, everything he does this autumn will be about enhancing his stud value for 2019.

Unless he beats Winx or wins an Arc nothing he does this autumn will enhance his value.

reductio ad absurdum
TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2019 at 9:24pm
Team Tom Melbourne
EAD
Red Hare View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Hare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2019 at 10:35am
Man Of His Word giving away free burgers... Hellova Street activating Google Ads... NFI what Urban Ruler has going for it. Even with a deep ownership base, that's a ton of entries being thrown away.

Should've charged $5 for entry and added that revenue to the RCH appeal.
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2019 at 10:42am
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

Unless he beats Winx or wins an Arc nothing he does this autumn will enhance his value.

If he were to win the Randwick and Rosehill Guineas (or even the Ranvet) and then the Doncaster I'm sure that'd do something for him.
starcraft View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starcraft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2019 at 7:33pm
Didn't do I am Invincible any harm
starcraft View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starcraft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2019 at 7:35pm
Originally posted by TJMitchell TJMitchell wrote:

Why would anyone in there right mind send an expensive colt around to run 2nd, 2nd, 2nd when you could go 1st, 1st, 1st in other G1 races

Didn't do I am Invincible any harm
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2019 at 9:05pm
Originally posted by ExceedAndExcel ExceedAndExcel wrote:

Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

Oh, I see.Clap

AND 800 Owners , Families& friends to put him on top.

Not well thought out.

It’s a total embarrassment isn’t it?

A horse that can’t even win a class 6 at the Sunshine Coast is on top!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 20>