Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

All Star Mile Vic Autumn

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 20>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2019 at 4:29pm
Alizee very good but not nearly as dynamic over 1400. Doubts about her over the mile in open company...oh, wait, she's up against Balf's Choice and co...

Hartnell will probably win this. One for the battlers.
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2019 at 4:41pm
Hartnell has to get in first.
Karl and Susan Kennedy are my heroes
speedingaway View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speedingaway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2019 at 4:41pm
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

Presumably Grunt will resume next Saturday- in what?

G3 Shaftesbury Avenue Stakes over 1400m
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2019 at 4:59pm
Veteran galloper Hartnell might not need a wildcard to secure a prized position in the 14-horse All-Star Mile next month after being named as the first provisional emergency for the inaugural $5 million race.

Racing Victoria confirmed on Friday that Hartnell would be elevated into the field as the first emergency if any of the 14 runners are unable to make it to the gates for the March 16 race at Flemington.

The provisional emergencies are ranked in order of prize money earned and, with Pat Webster’s evergreen warrior Happy Clapper – the leading earner of the 130 horses originally nominated for The All-Star Mile – having received a wildcard, Hartnell is next in line.

The eight-year-old, a winner of four Group 1 races in a glittering career which began in Great Britain, has amassed an impressive total of $5,538,999.

Record-breaking owner Lloyd Williams also retains a chance of being represented in the race as behind Hartnell is his two Melbourne Cup winners Almandin (2016) and Rekindling (2017) with respective career earnings of $5,323,858 and $4,123,308.

The next three horses in The All-Star Mile provisional emergency list will take their places alongside Hartnell in Saturday’s group 1 Futurity Stakes in Le Romain, Brave Smash and Redkirk Warrior.

The list of provisional emergencies will be updated as required between 21 February and 12 March if a horse is withdrawn, secures one of the three remaining wildcards, or wins additional prize money.

The four highest-ranked provisional emergencies at final acceptance time will be declared the official emergencies and be included in the barrier draw that day.

Should any of the 14 starters be withdrawn between final acceptances and scratching time at 7.30am on raceday (Saturday, 16 March) then traditional rules will apply.

The All-Star Mile provisional emergencies list as at 21 February is as follows:

1. Hartnell (James Cummings, $5,538,999)

2. Almandin (Liam Howley, $5,323,858)

3. Rekindling (Liam Howley, $4,123,308)

4. Le Romain (Kris Lees, $3,926,325)

5. Brave Smash (Kris Lees, $3,410,123)

6. Redkirk Warrior (David and Ben Hayes and Tom Dabernig, $2,781,520)
jacko1 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacko1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2019 at 5:13pm
So the wildcards come out of those emergencies?
And when do they get announced?
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2019 at 5:22pm
No the emergencies are if any of the top 10 drop out

The other 3 wildcards will be decided by RV.
They will be announced within the next fortnight
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2019 at 5:27pm
Okay okay just a second.

So we have a flawed voting system and now you are sitting there telling me that prizemoney determines the emergencies.

WTF!!!!!!!!!

So because Alamndin won a 6 million 3200m handicap he gets an emergency spot.

Well that will do me
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2019 at 5:29pm
What a #!* shambles.  Dead
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2019 at 5:29pm
Next they will be telling us redzel is the next wildcard because he has won $15 million in prizemoney.

Surely I am missing some logical reason for this.

However it looks like the concept has been thought up by Amanda Elliott and one of her board after a few clarets and brandy one late night in the boardroom, so maybe I have missed something!
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
JudgeHolden View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2019 at 5:41pm
It was an incredibly botched response to the Everest. Now I'm no fan of the Everest, but that looks like the 1971 2000 Guineas at Newmarket compared to this drivel. Restricted sales 2yo races, garbage like this- sports is supposed to be a meritocracy, right? Is it any wonder our older horses aren't worth a damn?
Glencoe View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glencoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2019 at 8:04pm
What an embarrassment it will be with the field spread over 50 lengths & more at the finish. WoMEN's football in Melbourne is bad enough without a confected cock-up like this
Gee Gee View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gee Gee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2019 at 1:09am
Going to historical race. It'll be the first time ever that the ambulance beats more than half the field home
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2019 at 8:27am
Rumor going around that they’ll ban Urban Ruler because of his woeful performance yesterday.
Nocturnal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nocturnal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2019 at 8:35am
Originally posted by Xavier Xavier wrote:

Rumor going around that they’ll ban Urban Ruler because of his woeful performance yesterday.

So they should . Couldn’t keep up in a class 6 .

One of his 1000 owners yesterday on Facebook was crying foul of the people trolling his horse .
You can pot a bloke pot his car, his wife but never his horse .

I would be bloody embarrassed as an owner to take a horse there when it will a speed hump
The only problem with backing winners ? You never have enough on....
fisherman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fisherman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2019 at 10:53am
Should be called the mediocre meander...Surely with $5 million prizemoney they had potential for something less cringeworthy than this and it will take more than a bit of tweaking the BM minimum to turn it around next year.
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2019 at 11:06am
Next year I’m nominating a picnic horse
ChrisB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2019 at 11:32am
Happy Clapper wins this in a canter.

Alizee is overrated.

What a gelatihouse 5million race.

Complete joke.Good luck to connections though.
ChrisB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2019 at 11:38am

Next year I’m nominating a picnic horse

Most of them are.
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2019 at 1:05pm
Ok I’ve worked it out! This race is the opening act of the Melbourne Comedy Festival which begins 27 March. Well played VRC!
ChrisB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2019 at 1:09pm
Originally posted by ExceedAndExcel ExceedAndExcel wrote:

Ok I’ve worked it out! This race is the opening act of the Melbourne Comedy Festival which begins 27 March. Well played VRC!

Nicely aligning with April Fools Day.

SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2019 at 1:20pm
I should’ve nominated my horse , his Vic rating is high enough so would’ve qualified.
Last start was beaten at Balranald
jacko1 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacko1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2019 at 1:25pm
Is all publicity bad publicity? I mean there was lots of knocking of the everest until turnover figures came in. Sure this race is flawed, but even people who don't like it will still tune in, and maybe have a bet. It's getting the streisand effect at the moment, everyone who posts/tweets about how outrageous it is that Urban Ruler is there just create more attention for the race. 
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2019 at 1:32pm
Originally posted by VOYAGER VOYAGER wrote:

Okay okay just a second.

So we have a flawed voting system and now you are sitting there telling me that prizemoney determines the emergencies.

WTF!!!!!!!!!

So because Alamndin won a 6 million 3200m handicap he gets an emergency spot.

Well that will do me

When was the rule stating emergencies are determined by prizemoney written down?
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2019 at 1:45pm
That’s what was published on racing.com but I only saw it for the first time yesterday.

Can’t remember it being mentioned beforehand
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2019 at 1:49pm

That’s what was published on racing.com but I only saw it for the first time yesterday.

Can’t remember it being mentioned beforehand

Sounds like a special Lord Williams rule.
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

horlicks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horlicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2019 at 1:51pm
Not defending the race but everyone seems to be blaming the VRC.

This is a race devised by RVL and will be run annually in rotation at Flemington, Caulfield and Moonee Valley.

The (ridiculous) conditions were set by RVL.
Lord Hybrow View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord Hybrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2019 at 2:32pm
Surely Lloyd isn’t silly enough to run either ALMANDIN or REKINDLING in an unsuitable 1600m race?

I’m sure we’ll see them both be resuming in the Aust Cup on the weekend prior. The 2000m run will give them both a better platform to head north to tackle the Tancred Stks & Sydney Cup.
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2019 at 2:36pm
What’s going on with Rekindling? Is he still in Australia?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2019 at 4:54pm
Apparently running first up in the Australian Cup.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2019 at 4:56pm
...along with Almandin and Johanes Vermeer. But as always with this stable, I'll believe it when I see it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 20>