Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

All Star Mile Vic Autumn

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 20>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2019 at 6:19pm
I think Material Man should get a few votes from the west, after today!
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
Red Hare View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Hare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 1:52am
Originally posted by Red Hare Red Hare wrote:

I hope they vote in Vianden, or some other country slug.
I only wanted one. Not eight.
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 7:39am
Originally posted by Shrunk in the Wash Shrunk in the Wash wrote:

Fock ing idiots who voted for him

I voted for him.
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 8:19am
You did not
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 8:26am
Yes I did.
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 9:35am
Sadly Vianden wont be getting any votes, he died.
Karl and Susan Kennedy are my heroes
Red Hare View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Hare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 1:14pm
Just voted a second time with my work phone & email. 👍🏻
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 2:04pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Yes I did.

Okay, I’ll bite. Why did you?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 2:29pm

Yes I did.

Because I own a part of him.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 2:39pm

Yes I did.

So greed or self interest?
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 2:49pm

Yes I did.

What are the arrangements for mounting yard tickets at Flemington? Obviously can’t accommodate even 5% of the owners. Some kind of random ballot?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 2:59pm

Yes I did.

So greed or self interest?

Call it what you will, but I wont apologize for the rules being what they are and having a live prospect of a runner in a $5 million race.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 2:59pm
Originally posted by ExceedAndExcel ExceedAndExcel wrote:

Yes I did.

What are the arrangements for mounting yard tickets at Flemington? Obviously can’t accommodate even 5% of the owners. Some kind of random ballot?

Chaotic I would imagine.
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 3:07pm

Originally posted by ExceedAndExcel ExceedAndExcel wrote:

Yes I did.

Chaotic I would imagine.

Yes I imagine so.

So no discussion by the syndicate manager as to who gets the 20(??) mounting yard tickets? I imagine there would be plenty wanting a guernsey which of course is not possible.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 3:09pm
Hasn't got that far yet, but a ballot is usually how they do it. Still has to be voted in yet, Just lost the lead in the vote count to a horse who isn't going there according to his trainer.
Straight arrow View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Straight arrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 10:08pm
I have not read any post here. But I get a feeling this race was an ill conceived idea by RVL . They are spending 5mill on prize money and prob another 2/3/4 mill on marketing and extra prizes !! Is this all pay back because of the Everest which is self funding and successful !! And also interesting and becoming part of the Australian landscape in racing? Do not get me wrong I'm all for VIC racing. But who has come up with what seems to be a foolish idea? Something like this works in Japan! But if you have ever had anything to do with Japanese racing, it's a completely different beast!! Young people come to races and buy all sort paraphernalia on there favourite horses / jockeys/ yards. They are like teenage groupie's . Oz racing is nothing like that and is made up of syndicated horses. Goes beyond belief RVL let someone waste this much money on what seems to be a frivolous idea. I know no one who is the slitest bit interested!! As a person that has been to a lot of racing centres around the world! Great if I'm wrong? But cannot believe somebody or bodies have been able to sell this stupid idea. Of course RVL will release a statement over there own run press station what a grand success it all is!! But it's throwing good money down the drain!! Could of boosted prize money were it's really needed? In maiden and class racing were all these silly votes are coming from
kiwi88 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwi88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 7:12pm
Is a mile the right distance for this race? 1200 or 1400 I think you'd get more public interest and better horses given the modern focus on breeding sprinters. Looks as if they set it all up to get Winx there the first year and now she's not there it's left wanting. 

Also there's a lot of options for mile type horses at this time of year, the not knowing if you'll get in until the last minute as they are with Happy Clapper type horses who are guaranteed runs in other races can't be ideal for trainers. 
Luva Punt View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luva Punt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2019 at 6:28am
Originally posted by Straight arrow Straight arrow wrote:

Goes beyond belief RVL let someone waste this much money on what seems to be a frivolous idea. I know no one who is the slitest bit interested!! As a person that has been to a lot of racing centres around the world! Great if I'm wrong? But cannot believe somebody or bodies have been able to sell this stupid idea. Of course RVL will release a statement over there own run press station what a grand success it all is!! But it's throwing good money down the drain!! Could of boosted prize money were it's really needed? In maiden and class racing were all these silly votes are coming from

I guess, in this day and age, it is the way of the world that everybody looks after their own self interests.

Your post indicates you race horses that are only good enough to win maiden and class racing.

As a punter, I hate maiden and class racing. It is my belief that the focus on maiden and class racing to increase the number of races to meet TABCORP requirements under the terms of the joint venture agreement is what has caused the quality of Australian Racing to diminish.

To make it even worse, Racing VIC and Racing NSW random approach to just selecting certain races and also creating new races with huge prize money boosts like the Everest and All Star Mile just make it worse.

The authorities have totally got it wrong.

The focus should have been on less racing, more quality.

Prize money should have been focused across all races and instead of races being downgraded or Disappearing or being moved in the calendar, Group racing overall should have been strengthened, meaning you would have needed to breed a better quality horse to be competitive.

Now we have thousands of ordinary quality horses being catered for, and the elite horses just pick and choose where they want to race, and avoid clashing with each other.

They quite often pick up easy money racing against small fields or little competition.

There will be Punters that love benchmark racing, so to each their own.

One thing is for certain.

The first rule of business is build your asset base and build your company.

A lot of the money that is now being thrown away on prize money should have been spent on infrastructure.

We have no choice but to bet at home, because the food, the facilities, the betting auditoriums, the media and data facilities etc... are either c.rap or non existent on track, and even worse, at times, so is the condition of half of the tracks.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2019 at 7:36am
This race is a 3 year project directed at bringing new interest and new owners into racing.

If this was marketed as a $5m race for Alizee, Land Of Plenty, Grunt, Happy Clapper et al, it would be a big yawn and nobody would give a rats. They would not be engaging their families and friends as well as strangers to look at his race and be involved, if nothing other than a chance to win $250k for nothing.

There are hundreds of thousands of people engaging with this race that would otherwise not cared, in part because of the publicity horses like UR, MOHW Moss n' Dale and others have generated.How many average Australians would know what a Group One race was? All they know is that their friend or family member has a runner in a $5m race, and that is a big deal to them.

breeding_above_all View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote breeding_above_all Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2019 at 7:41am
Absolutely.. the people’s race is a great play on the open market
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2019 at 9:05am
Apparently the race is engulfed in scandal.

reductio ad absurdum
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2019 at 9:30am
Yep, I think they have removed your dog's vote now djebel.

Racing Victoria is conducting an audit of All-Star Mile voting after it was revealed it had been compromised by a loophole that has allowed individuals to vote multiple times.

RV acted hastily yesterday to remove the loophole but not before it discovered that thousands of votes had been registered against the one-vote rule.

This means the All-Star leader board is inaccurate and will be recalibrated once the corrupt votes are removed.

RV executive general manager of racing Greg Carpenter said no more than two per cent of 120,000-pus vote – about 2400 votes – had been corrupted and that the top 20 horses in the vote would not be affected when the tally is adjusted.

Carpenter said removing the serious glitch would be a priority before voting begins for next year’s All-Star.

The flaw was revealed by a Berwick bricklayer yesterday, who contacted RSN 927’s “Unbridled” column and sent screen shots of his multiple votes, made possible by simply setting up a series of gmail accounts.

Speediskey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speediskey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2019 at 9:33am
I'm sorry, I was under the impression it was obvious you could do that and Racing Victoria just didn't care enough to fix it.. if they genuinely didn't know that was possible... what kind of moron was in charge?

If they wanted it to be closer to one vote per person they needed to go down the mobile phone number route with confirmation texts for your vote and blocking one use numbers.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2019 at 9:43am

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speediskey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2019 at 9:45am
What are you trying to prove with the screenshot?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2019 at 9:48am
You do have to submit a mobile phone number. Your wife's phone, your kid's phone, your work phone, your next door neighbors phone will do.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speediskey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2019 at 10:04am
Yes, and because the vast vast majority of people only have one phone that means it's really one vote per person - you can have infinite e-mail addresses and the confirmation is required by your e-mail, not your phone.

Similar to the vast majority of industry standard verifying measures it should send the mobile number a six digit code to enter within five minutes. The current voting all it does is send a confirmation to your e-mail address. 

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speediskey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2019 at 10:06am
Really just shows the flaw with racing - these industries need to hire younger tech savvy people not only for incredibly obvious stuff like this, but just for different thinking in general.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2019 at 10:06am
kiwi88 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwi88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2019 at 10:36am

This race is a 3 year project directed at bringing new interest and new owners into racing.

If this was marketed as a $5m race for Alizee, Land Of Plenty, Grunt, Happy Clapper et al, it would be a big yawn and nobody would give a rats. They would not be engaging their families and friends as well as strangers to look at his race and be involved, if nothing other than a chance to win $250k for nothing.

There are hundreds of thousands of people engaging with this race that would otherwise not cared, in part because of the publicity horses like UR, MOHW Moss n' Dale and others have generated.How many average Australians would know what a Group One race was? All they know is that their friend or family member has a runner in a $5m race, and that is a big deal to them.

Why have the additional slots then that I imagine will go to top horses? I'm just saying they need to decide if it's a battlers race or an 'all stars' mile. Having horses in it with absolutely no chance is not really going to improve the standing of the race. Why not have two races, one for the all stars and one for the others, if they want to give the battlers a chance.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 20>