Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

6 week old foal stolen from Vic racing stable

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2018 at 10:07pm
Originally posted by linghi11 linghi11 wrote:

Debt or no debt, some things are just not done.

Exactly Thumbs Up  Have to be a low life to make the foal suffer .
animals before people.
Enabled View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enabled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2018 at 6:18am
Think the foal was murdered lucky that the owners did not have its cut off head on his bed.

Really who does this crazy gelati?
linghi11 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linghi11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2018 at 9:46am
Does anyone know if it was by Kuroshio?
to the victor
anabel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote anabel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2018 at 10:34am
Originally posted by linghi11 linghi11 wrote:

Does anyone know if it was by Kuroshio?

Jimmy Creed I think linghi
sparticus View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sparticus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2018 at 3:59pm
Absolute low life. Hope they catch the culprit and throw the book at them.
Legal / financial issues aside, the foal looked like it was very well cared for. 

Einstein View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Einstein Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2018 at 4:31pm
Originally posted by Glencoe Glencoe wrote:

Many ,many years ago a country vet made splints out of pvc pipe for a foal with similar problems plus attached a timber base to each hoof.
It worked. The horse raced for many years 7 won a steeplechase in Melbourne'
Why do I know? I bred the foal

It does seem people are  inclined to comment when their knowledge on some very old remedies is non existent

Seems people are inclined to comment when they have no idea what the person they say has no knowledge, has knowledge.

However, going by the photos, the splints have not been changed or made correctly, and would be doing more harm than good. Done correctly, yes, the old way of the pipe would be fine.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2018 at 6:56pm

CCTV CLUE TO DEAD FOAL?

November 15, 2018 11:20 am

Carrum Downs police are poring over CCTV footage in a bid to solve the mystery of the crippled foal found dead from apparent foul play.
It was revealed yesterday that a crippled thoroughbred foal owned by suspended trainer Nathan McPherson had disappeared then been found dead.
A police source from the station told “Unbridled” that the foal had been discovered not on a neighboring property, as first suggested, but in a feed trough in one of McPherson’s paddocks.
A number of security cameras are set up on the property and Carrum Downs police are sifting through three days of footage.
The foal had been crippled from birth and its legs fastened to PVC piping in a bid to straighten them out. McPherson slept in a tent in the paddock to be close to the foal, who required human assistance to eat and drink.
The police source said the foal had become a much loved pet. “It’s pretty heart-breaking in that sense,” he said, adding the PVC splint had been removed, suggesting foul play.
McPherson was suspended for two months on October 2 after one of his horses tested positive to cocaine.
The police source said the investigation into the deal foal would “take in a number of factors” but he said the CCT footage might prove most valuable.
BY: Matt Stewart RSN Racing Editor
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2018 at 12:40am
Geez, no matter what the on going problems were,  who would/could do that to a foal ???    Its just disgusting and a vile act . And what about the mare ??   God some people are just foul disgusting low lifes.
animals before people.
sowong View Drop Down
Foal
Foal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sowong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2018 at 12:56am
How do you only get 2 MONTHS for giving you horse COCAINE!?
Enabled View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enabled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2018 at 1:24am
Victorian fruit loops how this evolved.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2018 at 2:08am
Originally posted by sowong sowong wrote:

who cares what the ins and outs are, of this disgusting act.    i have no idea what you are on about.   nothing at all about your strange add on about cocaine.  you obvioulsy have an axe to grind.  But not sure where it fits in to this story. 
BUT.  Any low life that could do that to a foal is one sad and sorry low life.
You got an axe to grind, take it out on the person.   Go do that to an animal you are beyond low. 
animals before people.
Discohips23 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Discohips23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2018 at 6:22am

Discohips23 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Discohips23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2018 at 6:30am
The trainer is serving time for giving cocaine to his horses. I’d say sowong’s point is if the trainer is prepared to do that to his stock, he’s prepared to do anything. Desperate times call for desperate measures.
goldey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2018 at 8:11am
If he didnt care the foal would not have had the splints applied , would of just read foal died at birth like thousands of entries in stud book , assumptions do not lead to the facts . Lets see how this plays out , hopefully the foal gets justice or karma steps in .
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2018 at 8:36am
Originally posted by Discohips23 Discohips23 wrote:

The trainer is serving time for giving cocaine to his horses. I’d say sowong’s point is if the trainer is prepared to do that to his stock, he’s prepared to do anything. Desperate times call for desperate measures.

I thought the same thing until I read that “McPherson slept in a tent in the paddock to be close to the foal, who required human assistance to eat and drink.”

Doesn’t sound like someone who doesn’t care
monty1 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2018 at 9:15am
Sorry, I don’t believe that for 2 minute, I bet he said he did that.
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2018 at 9:25am
Is this the same guy who did jail time for traffic offences or is that another trainer with the same name?
Karl and Susan Kennedy are my heroes
linghi11 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linghi11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2018 at 9:29am
One and the same. Mixed up with some heavies I’m told so nothing would surprise.
to the victor
Baguette View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baguette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2018 at 10:01am
Originally posted by goldey goldey wrote:

If he didnt care the foal would not have had the splints applied , would of just read foal died at birth like thousands of entries in stud book , assumptions do not lead to the facts . Lets see how this plays out , hopefully the foal gets justice or karma steps in .
Putting my Agatha Christie hat on , the first thing you'd be looking for is motive . In other words if you're accusing the trainer what did he have to gain by all of this ? The only thing I can think of is insurance. Something like the foal was insured against theft but not against being born deformed. I don't know if this holds water . It's a bit of a mystery!
linghi11 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linghi11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2018 at 10:08am
These days people do things for attention. Not saying that’s what happened, but it’s not unheard of!
to the victor
Sister Dot View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sister Dot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2018 at 10:55am
Could it have been a mercy killing? By someone else
“Where in this wide world can man find nobility without pride, friendship without envy, or beauty without vanity? Here where grace is laced with muscle and strength by gentleness confined”
sowong View Drop Down
Foal
Foal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sowong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2018 at 2:18pm
Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

who cares what the ins and outs are, of this disgusting act.    i have no idea what you are on about.   nothing at all about your strange add on about cocaine.  you obvioulsy have an axe to grind.  But not sure where it fits in to this story. 
You got an axe to grind, take it out on the person.   Go do that to an animal you are beyond low. 

You have no idea what I'm on about? If you read the article about the foal you care so much about you would know the same trainer is currently serving a 2 month ban for giving his horse cocaine, and I was simply asking the question how that is possible. The guy should be banned for life.

I was adding onto the discussion, suggesting his suspension was too weak, and if he could give the horses under his care cocaine, then it wouldn't be too far of a stretch to assume he had a hand in killing this foal. Not sure what grinding an axe has to do with anything though.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2018 at 6:50pm

OK, I get it now, but to be honest I have never heard of him before ! 
Yes I can see whats being inferred now.
So why has he done this to his own foal and then made a song and dance about it ?  If he did ?
So much speculation and different theories flying around its got me bemused.
animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2018 at 6:54pm

You have no idea what I'm on about? If you read the article about the foal you care so much about you would know the same trainer is currently serving a 2 month ban for giving his horse cocaine, and I was simply asking the question how that is possible. The guy should be banned for life.

I was adding onto the discussion, suggesting his suspension was too weak, and if he could give the horses under his care cocaine, then it wouldn't be too far of a stretch to assume he had a hand in killing this foal. Not sure what grinding an axe has to do with anything though.

Sorry , but never heard of him and had no idea about his coke suspension !!   Just went looking and re read about him.
Its amazing how many theories are making the rounds about all of this !
Its too convoluted for me to work out who has done what.  Or why .
I do agree with you about only 2 months !!  Thats absurd .
animals before people.
Baguette View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baguette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2018 at 7:01pm

So why has he done this to his own foal and then made a song and dance about it ?  If he did ?
Yes AA it reads like a Dick Francis novel! In fact I read a Dick Francis book all about deformed foals and horse insurance but I can't remember who done it in a the end. I just hope this poor little girl didn't suffer too much and they find out who is responsible.
Einstein View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Einstein Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2018 at 11:25pm
Originally posted by Baguette Baguette wrote:

Yes AA it reads like a Dick Francis novel! In fact I read a Dick Francis book all about deformed foals and horse insurance but I can't remember who done it in a the end. I just hope this poor little girl didn't suffer too much and they find out who is responsible.

Pretty sure it was Banker? About a stallion whose foals were born deformed (missing ears, or tails, legs etc), as the mare were fed excess selenium when in foal, stallion himself was fine, but it was all done to make the stud want to sell the stallion for way less then he was worth to the guy doing the poisoning (cause he wanted the stud - miracle man - fraud)
Baguette View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baguette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2018 at 7:13am
Yes it was Banker. The hero of the piece was the Merchant Banker who approved the studs loan to buy the stallion. Though I think the bad guy turned out to be a crazed naturopath type . He was big celebrity and used to save animals that the Vets had given up on with his magic herbs. Hero Banker discovered he was making the animals sick in the first place in order to publicly cure them and be a big hero. And famous .
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2018 at 10:39am
Bloody hell  !!!!!!!!!
animals before people.
rusty nails View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2018 at 10:47am
Fun fact, many believe that the books were written by Mrs Dick Francis,and they used his profile to generate interest in the early books.
Baguette View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baguette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2018 at 11:57am
I wonder if it's true? Dick Francis was the Queen Mothers jockey and Im pretty sure he was riding her horse that famously baulked in the home straight of the Grand National . The horse was miles in front and threw the race away. The Queen Mum must have forgiven him though because she was a big patron of him and his books. But hard on his wife though if she actually wrote them!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>