Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

MELBOURNE KILLING - Event Date: 09 Nov 2018

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 22>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2018 at 1:44pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Originally posted by Dr E Dr E wrote:

maxie, in what category do you place men who murder their wives or partners? 13 since October 1st 120 on average per year in Australia. 

Of what religion and nationalities were they?

Does it matter? All domestic violence is abhorrent. 

Not too difficult.Embarrassed

It matters if you are genuinely interested in stopping it, rather than using it as an Islamic Terrorism Apologist, the way you do.Embarrassed
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2018 at 1:48pm

maxie, in what category do you place men who murder their wives or partners? 13 since October 1st 120 on average per year in Australia. 

Too Often infidelity , on either side .
Very wrong PT .   My rearing say's = you never hit a woman .
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2018 at 1:49pm
Originally posted by Redemption Redemption wrote:

Hows the ABC'S review of the attack, quote

"The gas bottles failed to explode, it was a failed attack".  (really ABC??, tell that to Sisto and his family)

"The public remained calm and were able to film the event".

Okay, for starters ABC, it wasnt a stage musical "event", it was a Terror Attack.
Im disappointed the ABC didnt mention what model smartphone people were using.

Secondly, people werent calm at all.
A friend of ours was 10 metres from the attack, and said dozens of people fled the seen and all had total horror and fear on their faces.

Thirdly, as witnessed from our friend 10 metres away, to quote him, "there were 2 explosions. The bottles did explode, then the car went out of control and the 2nd explosion was even bigger. A feeling like an explosive force went through your body, even at distance, and the sound was deafening"

ABC, again, downplaying the Terror Attack, into a "calm event".

Would the ABC like to mention that the city went into lockdown and the Terror Alert sirens were activated??

Enjoy your Royal Commission hearing ABC, and no doubt potential class action against you from a growing angry public at your disgraceful bias reporting.

RIP Sisto.

You do a better, more accurate and honest job reporting than the ABC!!!

Any mention that the Daniel Andrews introduced "Terror Texts" also went out ... more than an hour AFTER the event ... Dead

In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2018 at 2:00pm
The biggest failure is our Mental Health areas.
    They must get these people off the streets.     . This killer , Obviously as mad as it gets , has not been treated and we all know how it ended .
There is NO where to go for the dangerous Psychiatric people. He has been acting out for quite a period , his wife deserted his madness ,    . Parents worried sick .    . He was left isolated ,    This had to happen.
Re open some areas for the likes of him .
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2018 at 2:03pm
Originally posted by furious furious wrote:

I think he's just sick of Aly sticking up for the ones doing the wrong thing.  Sometimes everyone get sick of something.  When we step back then find we can see it was one person.  But the ones preaching this rubbish should not be in Australia.  THey are the ones making waves which ripple out to the ones who are most weakened by life.

furious, most of the individuals who have been incited to violence by the Islamic Religion in recent years, have gone overseas to fight for ISIS ... they are all trying to re-enter the country now ... do you think that means that RADICAL ISLAMIC TERROR attacks are going to be a less likely events in Australia as they return, and they continue to hate the Western World, and anyone who is not a Muslim, and their religion demands that they kill infidels? ... is it likely to just be individual attack with knives and motor vehicles? 

We don't seem to see a lot of Radical Catholic/Anglican/Baptist/Episcopalian/Greek Orthodox/Buddhist/Hindu/Jewish/Pentecostal, etc, Terrorism ... 
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2018 at 2:11pm
... and rest assured, the ALP/Greens will just let them flood back in, if they are elected.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2018 at 2:15pm
Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

The biggest failure is our Mental Health areas.
    They must get these people off the streets.     . This killer , Obviously as mad as it gets , has not been treated and we all know how it ended .
There is NO where to go for the dangerous Psychiatric people. He has been acting out for quite a period , his wife deserted his madness ,    . Parents worried sick .    . He was left isolated ,    This had to happen.
Re open some areas for the likes of him .

I'm in favor of them all receiving the same "treatment" that he has ... there is no arguing the fact, that one bullet applied judiciously when the Radical Islamification first became obvious would have saved at least one life.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2018 at 2:24pm
Go ScoMo Go!!!Thumbs Up

Prime Minister Scott Morrison says extremist Islam Australia’s ‘greatest threat’

Scott-morrison-sydney
Mr Morrison speaking in Sydney on Saturday in response to Melbourne CBD terror attack. Photo: AAP

Prime Minister Scott Morrison has declared “radical, violent, extremist Islam” the greatest religious extremist threat in Australia in the wake of the Bourke street attack.

Warning Muslim leaders had a special responsibility to call out extremism and alert authorities to radicalised members of their community, Mr Morrison confirmed on Saturday there are 400 men and women who remain the ASIO watchlist.

“But I’ve got to address the real issue here, I’ve got to call it out – radical, violent, extremist Islam that opposes our very way of life,” he said.

“I am the first to protect religious freedom in this country, but it also means I must be the first to call out religious extremism.

“But here in Australia we would be kidding ourselves if we did not call out the fact that the greatest threat of religious extremism, in this country, is the radical and dangerous ideology of extremist Islam.

“There is a special responsibility on religious leaders to protect their religious communities and to ensure that these dangerous teachings and ideologies do not take root here. They must be proactive, they must be alert and they must call this out, in their communities and more broadly for what it is,” he said.

https://thenewdaily.com.au/news/national/2018/11/10/scott-morrison-says-extremist-islam-terror-attack/

Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2018 at 2:24pm

"The gas bottles failed to explode, it was a failed attack".  (really ABC??, tell that to Sisto and his family)

Okay, for starters ABC, it wasnt a stage musical "event", it was a Terror Attack.

A friend of ours was 10 metres from the attack, and said dozens of people fled the seen and all had total horror and fear on their faces.

Thirdly, as witnessed from our friend 10 metres away, to quote him, "there were 2 explosions. The bottles did explode, then the car went out of control and the 2nd explosion was even bigger. A feeling like an explosive force went through your body, even at distance, and the sound was deafening"

Would the ABC like to mention that the city went into lockdown and the Terror Alert sirens were activated??

Enjoy your Royal Commission hearing ABC, and no doubt potential class action against you from a growing angry public at your disgraceful bias reporting.

RIP Sisto.

I read the gas cylinders did not explode, please fill us in on the cover up Confused
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2018 at 2:30pm
Originally posted by rusty nails rusty nails wrote:

That’s ridiculous.
If you don’t have inquests to determine whether reasonable force was used.
Then every Police shooting is automatically sanctioned.

as with the inquest in Sydney for the nutter in the Lindt siege,it’s not just to determine whether the Police had the right to shoot him, it’s to determine whether current strategies to contain are fit for purpose.

Thumbs Up
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2018 at 2:36pm

Has anyone thought of not bringing more in that cannot accept our culture

You don't hear of some nationalities who migrate here ..   Get the adverts out for them to come settle here.

This is the issue, but don't expect the ALP/Greens to EVER deal with it, as the Islamic Enclave No Go Zones represent the welfare dependent constituency that keeps them relevant as a political party - why else do you think they have become anti semites?Confused 
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2018 at 2:41pm

If maxie and oneone became joint dictators of Australia and imposed their personal definition of ''our culture'', I think I would leave.

It is a different thing to different people. There is no collective silent majority. It is a compromise over an ever expanding evolving breadth of views.

Please, please, please, Do it guys, do it!

Would you move to Canadia CNNPT? ... like all of those "OUTRAGED!!!" virtue signalling Hollywood FCUK TRUMP dressmakers who are always threaten to do so, but don't Big smile

... I wonder, are there any ISLAMIC NO GO ZONES in Hollywood?Confused
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2018 at 2:49pm
I don't know where we would send PT .     I must talk to oneone about it.

Given all the Trump shxit, expressed ...   How does PO land sound.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2018 at 9:27pm
They've collected around $60000 for the " Trolley Man "

Did I read it right , that trolley man has done near to 18 years inside.

Good to see him getting over the fence.
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2018 at 9:35pm
I know what the trolley man did,  but am missing this background story ???   Please enlighten me ?? 
What he did was amazing.   i would have been running,  putting distance between me and all that s**t , but he stuck in there. 
animals before people.
goldey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2018 at 9:36pm

The trolly man .who the flip is he ?
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2018 at 9:56pm
Originally posted by goldey goldey wrote:

The trolly man .who the flip is he ?

He charged the mad man with a shopping trolley, several times while Police were manouvering to get at him and avoid his attempts to stab them.

May have slowed the beast down enough for Police to win.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2018 at 10:08pm
Just seeing vids etc of how the trolley man acted in that scene .  What a hero he was !!   He did something amazing.  While most of us would have been running away,   well I would have been , he went in there full on,,,trying to help the cops and shut that nutter down. 
animals before people.
goldey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2018 at 10:44pm
I was under the impression if a shopping trolley was removed from the owners premises , it is theft , thank god for the thief , or did he run out of a shop with it
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2018 at 11:50pm
who cares.   ( serious Goldy Cry  do you think its a crime ???)   He found it on the mall.   he did good.  he tried his best.  unlike most of us here who would have turned tail and run.
And you want to carry on about shopping trolleys !!!ShockedConfused

animals before people.
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2018 at 6:53am

Anywhere not full of numb-nut, baseball cap wearing, gun loving rednecks will do thanks.

Actually where I am now is just fine Thumbs Up
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2018 at 7:40am

Anywhere not full of numb-nut, baseball cap wearing, gun loving rednecks will do thanks.

Actually where I am now is just fine Thumbs Up

Your in heaven PT...     You should open the area to the open door policy advocates...        . Wouldn't take long to become Hell.

Ask the Bankstown area & Western Suburbs people of Sydney
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2018 at 7:56am
Everyone is welcome here maxie, and importantly aren't judged for who they worship or where they come from.

Just got a message today of a friend from the 70s and 80's. My sister is Godmother to one of his kids. He has been living in Greece for the last 20 years training endurance horses, but is dying with lung cancer. He has come  back here to die closer to his family, and is being cared for in his final months at the Hare Krisna farm near Murwillumbah. A Greek orthodox being cared for at no expense by Hare Krishnas. Anything is possible if you are prepared to allow it.
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2018 at 8:51am

RIP Sisto.

Why do you lie, are you such a sick self publicist that you will say anything to get attention ? The bottles did not explode and I don't believe your friend was there.

As for the ABC your hatred of them is only slightly behind your demented hatred of England.

They did not say people were not scared just that under the circumstances they reacted calmly, that is praise for Melbourne people.
Of course in your sick mind it is twisted into something bad Dead
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2018 at 8:56am
You can't compare Muslim refugees/migrants to any other wave of refugees/migrants Australia has had, and if you try to you are lying to yourself.Wink Islam is unique among religions in having loads of bullsh1t justifications for murder and loads of nutters eager to follow them.

"fight and slay the Pagans wherever ye find them"Shocked

Oh, say the apologists, that's not so bad when you read it in context, because there is a get out clause for us Pagans.

"if any of the idolaters seeks of thee protection, grant him protection till he hears the words of God; then do thou convey him to his place of security -- that, because they are a people who do not know."

Gee thanks. Not a problem then.LOL
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2018 at 8:58am
But Shire Ali's plan to create a fireball failed when the gas bottles did not explode.

Redemption View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2018 at 9:59am
The plan failed?
Tell that to Sistos family.

We note the ABC are referring to this as an "incident", and that the man was "mentally ill and it was a cry for help".

Looking forward to Waleed Aly describing his brothers as "mentally ill
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2018 at 10:02am

The plan failed?
Tell that to Sistos family.

We note the ABC are referring to this as an "incident", and that the man was "mentally ill and it was a cry for help".

Looking forward to Waleed Aly describing his brothers as "mentally ill

keep ignoring your lies, gas bottles exploded Confused
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2018 at 10:04am
Talk of a State funeral for Sistos, way over the top, publicity opportunity for Andrews.

Nice guy, so sad, but he was only a cafe owner,does not deserve a State funeral
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2018 at 10:07am
Alternative facts Whale. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 22>