Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Very Clever Aldi

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Very Clever Aldi
    Posted: 30 Oct 2018 at 8:24pm
Aldi are spending big dollars slamming their major competitors (Coles/Woolies)Loyalty programs. Just saw an ad doing just that. Saying that the rewards are minimal & are more about locking customers in than giving "REAL" worthwhile rewards. They go onto say that shopping at Aldi results in big $ savings - not meaningless points. Pretty gutsy campaign I reckon - & I think on the mark. Many folk are getting jack of the Loyalty revolution across retail - there are so many of them now people are becoming blasé. You also have to wonder if everyone's now doing it how much are you actually saving as it must be costed into the product anyway. Anyhow - interesting approach by Aldi
Refer ALP Election Promises
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2018 at 8:37pm
Woolies Rewards is what, $10 cashback on a $2000 spend? Woop Dee fooking doo. [<:o)]
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2018 at 9:36pm
Yeah, the so called rewards are disgraceful. 
Recently found out that if you send your Woolies points across to Qantas FF points, they dont transfer them to your FF account until you have accrued 2,000 points.  It then takes weeks for them to be transferred.
And your Qantas FF points have to be added to or used within 12 months or you loose them. 
Its all just a rip off.
Shop where you get things cheap, and forget about the points !!!
animals before people.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2018 at 10:41pm
I just cashed in a $50 grocery deduction from Coles Flybuys .

Not to be laughed at.      Especially with our cruel Governments denying the aged smokers about the only thing left in life to enjoy ,   
A coffee and a beautiful cigarette.       ( Bxsxards )
Tontonan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tontonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2018 at 1:12am
I was in the Salvation Army Op Shop this week (buying some very cool Peroni long glasses for $1 each) and when I went to pay the cashier she tried to sign me up for the Sally's loyalty card.  

Thank you no, just the glasses and keep the change.

ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2018 at 8:38am
Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

Yeah, the so called rewards are disgraceful. 
Recently found out that if you send your Woolies points across to Qantas FF points, they dont transfer them to your FF account until you have accrued 2,000 points.  It then takes weeks for them to be transferred.
And your Qantas FF points have to be added to or used within 12 months or you loose them. 
Its all just a rip off.
Shop where you get things cheap, and forget about the points !!!

If you go 18 months (it’s 18 not 12) without earning any points you aren’t going to be earning enough to get anything anyway. Easy way to earn points occasionally to avoid this problem is to buy some wine from them. Points will credit instantly. QFF is not the best program out there but it’s still good enough to easily get something worthwhile out of it.

As for Aldi, I used to be in the no way camp until a friend convinced me to try them. Meat is fantastic and seems to last a lot longer than Woolies/Coles meat. That alone gets me coming back. Save a good amount of money too.
 Post Reply Post Reply