Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Mystic Journey

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2019 at 4:56pm
Star.
I knew she was good but this good?

I guess easily rounding up Hellova Street (a very good horse) down here was an indication.

Go Tassie
Straight arrow View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Straight arrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2019 at 5:39pm
Who was the guy with the orange colours? I know Bart trained it. But thought that guy had other good horses that might of won group races?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Straight arrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2019 at 5:40pm
I think it was Barry larter? Horse Bart took was Alpha
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2019 at 10:47am
She has had enough. Her trainer has said today is her final race of the campaing, that rules her out she is clearly showing her trainer she has had enough.

The real bad news is that they are targeting the Irrelevant Plate in the Spring and it will be her 4th start of the campaign.

reductio ad absurdum
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2019 at 11:36am
You mean the $5 million race won by a long list of Australian Champions? Righteo got ya.
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2019 at 11:39am
Trainer sounded like he wants her to Be in the paddock already... not a good sign.
Karl and Susan Kennedy are my heroes
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2019 at 11:44am
Originally posted by Afros Afros wrote:

You mean the $5 million race won by a long list of Australian Champions? Righteo got ya.

Previous champions used it for its rightful purpose, A lead up to greater races a week or 10 days later.

reductio ad absurdum
ChrisB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2019 at 2:12pm
How about we see how she runs before making conclusions?

He might just be being very conservative to ensure the Spring campaign
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2019 at 2:15pm
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

Originally posted by Afros Afros wrote:

Previous champions used it for its rightful purpose, A lead up to greater races a week or 10 days later.

You mean the 3200m G1 handicap?
Petiterhapsody View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Petiterhapsody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2019 at 3:53pm
The Guineas was her main target, but the plan for this prep was to always get her to the mile providing she got enough votes. They certainly wouldn't run her just for the sake of it, so dont right her off quite just yet.
crooked_gambler View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote crooked_gambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2019 at 5:12pm
Brained them
This space has been intentionally left blank
ChrisB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2019 at 5:14pm
She's a star.

Go Tassie!   
breeding_above_all View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote breeding_above_all Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2019 at 5:16pm
WOW Just wow.. didn’t really believe until now.. did it on her ear
Summer Regent View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Summer Regent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2019 at 5:19pm
Very impressive! Cox Plate bound now
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2019 at 5:19pm
Very impressive! Mackinnon Stakes bound now
reductio ad absurdum
crooked_gambler View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crooked_gambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2019 at 5:21pm
Trainer reckons she can be the next Winx
This space has been intentionally left blank
ChrisB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2019 at 5:23pm

She is aiming for the Cox Plate and off today deserves to be there and have a go.

Just hope she has an injury free break and Plate win certainly a possibility considering what she beat comfortably off a wide run.
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2019 at 5:31pm
Seems like the three year olds have another star!  Princess in waiting she did that the tough way.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Straight arrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2019 at 5:34pm
I hope people now realise? That racing is built on press and advertising!!! There is nothing between our best and middle ranked trainers and jockeys!! It happens time and time again!! OPPORTUNITIES are what decides premierships not ability!! I think c Williams is leading rider in vic?? But does he ride any better then Darmanon?? No!! He just talks and smiles a lot and plays Simon the likeable! Darren weir and Robert smerdon were our leading stable a few months ago. Is Waller and grandson of BART any better then Robbie Griffith or Trinder?? The answer I know is? NO. Opportunities
ChrisB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2019 at 6:31pm
Not sure she could get the 2040 for the Plate.

But how she finishes maybe it's possible.
JudgeHolden View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2019 at 6:47pm
She was headed by Alizee who had the soft run. Was drawing away at the end. 2000 won’t be any problem at all. Let’s just hope...pray...that she comes back in good order. So many of our top 3yos don’t measure up come Spring. Get the sense this one’s different.
correctweight View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote correctweight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2019 at 7:23pm

She has had enough. Her trainer has said today is her final race of the campaing, that rules her out she is clearly showing her trainer she has had enough.

The real bad news is that they are targeting the Irrelevant Plate in the Spring and it will be her 4th start of the campaign.

Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2019 at 7:25pm

Say it enough times and eventually you'll get your wish and the Cox Plate will lose its reputation, I doubt it but.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2019 at 7:27pm
Originally posted by correctweight correctweight wrote:

I crunched Hawkshot. Costly.

Treated with even more contempt than in the Guineas.

Ouch!

reductio ad absurdum
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2019 at 9:38am
The girls a star. That win was very Winx like in that she just keeps coming and giving. It was a torrid run.
She’s certainly better than Winx at a similar stage.

Glad for the wildcard as they bet $35
Lopartega View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lopartega Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2019 at 4:59pm
Originally posted by ChrisB ChrisB wrote:

I think she'll be even better over that trip
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2019 at 5:04pm
Pedigree and racing style would certainly support that.
ChrisB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2019 at 5:17pm
Originally posted by Lopartega Lopartega wrote:

Originally posted by ChrisB ChrisB wrote:

I think she'll be even better over that trip

Hope you're right!
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2019 at 5:32pm
We all do Chris - she's a lovely and exciting filly.
ChrisB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2019 at 5:43pm
Originally posted by furious furious wrote:

We all do Chris - she's a lovely and exciting filly.

Thanks mate.

Unlike some on here (not you) i have no issue admitting when I'm wrong.

I was wrong about her quality and I'm biased,I didn't think she would measure up (due to local formlines....which are stronger than i thought off Hellova St rxcellent run)

Just hope keeps it up and/or improves, as so many fillies go off the boil seemingly for no reason!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>