Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Mystic Journey

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mystic Journey
    Posted: 27 Oct 2018 at 9:08pm
What a fabulous mating & I love that she's from the 9c family! Gee that Needs Further suits a lot of mares Clap

Click image to enlarge then Zoom for clarity

Edited by Gay3 - 27 Oct 2018 at 9:09pm
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
slowdown View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote slowdown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2018 at 9:24pm
glad to hear it Gay. I have 3 fillies from him so I am wrapped that Armidale took the punt. Will be selling one from Spirit In the Feb sale. after that effort hopefully we get a decent price.
Rebel - racing. Lionel - in work. Glory - spelling. Ray - spelling. A Wee Nip - in work.
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2018 at 12:03am
Wherever she goes next prep I'll be following.
Sunline...simply supreme
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2018 at 12:45pm
I agree Sunline, as long as they do not get to greedy they will have a lot of fun with her.

Looks a Australian Guineas, Coolmore mare to my eye, and having the light spring should allow her to mature a little bit more.

Good times ahead!
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
Sworn Revenge View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sworn Revenge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2018 at 10:23pm
Originally posted by Gay3 Gay3 wrote:

What a fabulous mating & I love that she's from the 9c family! Gee that Needs Further suits a lot of mares Clap

Click image to enlarge then Zoom for clarity

Got a weanling colt by Needs Further out of a Reset mare so pretty pleased that it could be a nick that works
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2018 at 8:00am
Huge win
MJB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2019 at 4:15pm
Resumes tonight at Launceston.

Like everyone else here, l've got a big opinion of this girl.

I won't be launching into the $1.30 tonight though

l could see her winning something like the Myer in the spring.
Hartnell is dominant View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hartnell is dominant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2019 at 5:33pm
She was high up in the votes the other day. Dropped off a touch now
slowdown View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slowdown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2019 at 9:45pm
fantastic win tonight in the Lady Lynette, last on the turn. wins by a length. final 200 in 10.43 seconds.

hope she get a run
Rebel - racing. Lionel - in work. Glory - spelling. Ray - spelling. A Wee Nip - in work.
Heavy10 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2019 at 9:46pm
Just watched replay, what an enormous win! Do yourself a favour and check it out
slowdown View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slowdown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2019 at 4:41am
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2019 at 7:50am
She's a star.
Heavy10 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2019 at 8:05pm
Massive again today, what a
slowdown View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slowdown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2019 at 8:10pm
Stallion is really stacking up Heavy. more to come I reckon
PhillipC View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhillipC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2019 at 10:20pm
https://www.tasracing.com.au/replays/10022019-thoroughbreds-hobart/ then go to Race 5.

She was bred by Ralph Zito
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2019 at 2:51pm
This horse is a freak
Karl and Susan Kennedy are my heroes
Straight arrow View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Straight arrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2019 at 3:22pm
So why does a jockey that can't make a living in his own state , outride our best? Because as I have said before? There is nothing between the best (or the best on the list that's printed) and good jockeys. There are a lot of good jockeys. But the press? But all these gurus think jockey X is a star . But reality is there is little between them. Light weights get more opportunities. C Williams proves that
TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2019 at 3:30pm
What a win, she is a star, won with ease

EAD
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2019 at 3:33pm
Yeah, this is something special. Just for a filly to do that in a Guineas is pretty big in of itself.
Sunline...simply supreme
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2019 at 3:41pm
Originally posted by Straight arrow Straight arrow wrote:

So why does a jockey that can't make a living in his own state , outride our best? Because as I have said before? There is nothing between the best (or the best on the list that's printed) and good jockeys. There are a lot of good jockeys. But the press? But all these gurus think jockey X is a star . But reality is there is little between them. Light weights get more opportunities. C Williams proves that

One thing that worried me is that trainer said she doesn't like being boxed in. I only saw it live so far, but it seemed like Darmanin had a bit (well, a lot actually) of luck but also eased her just enough at times to keep her comfortable enough to produce her finish. Great to watch. I hope he stays on her.
Straight arrow View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Straight arrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2019 at 3:57pm
Probably? And it looks like trainer was wrong! Horse loved racing on inside. But if got beat? Would not of being saying great run? They would of sacked jockey for ridding it great because they seem to think it can't win inside? So who was wrong? But that is what goes on in this game? Most are guessing
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2019 at 4:05pm
Lol fair enough. I just noticed during the run that the jock seemed to make sure the horse had enough space around throughout. Beautiful, and charmed, ride.
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2019 at 4:08pm
Tassie horse by Tassie based sire.  Armidale Stud and Slowdown must be cheering now. 
animals before people.
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2019 at 4:11pm
According to McAvaney she is the first tassie trained horse to win a Group 1 since Malua in the later 1800’s
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2019 at 4:19pm
Gee what about Sydeston and Piping Lane just two I think came out of Tassy.
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2019 at 4:25pm
Originally posted by furious furious wrote:

Gee what about Sydeston and Piping Lane just two I think came out of Tassy.

When they won they were trained out of Victoria I believe.
Summer Regent View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Summer Regent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2019 at 4:32pm
I think Bob Hoystead trained Sydeston when he went to Victoria and George Hanlon had Piping Lane when he won the cup. Apparently he took him on reluctantly and only as a favour to Ray Trinder who owned him in Devonport. 

Mystic Journey was very impressive today
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2019 at 4:40pm
And Des Judd trained the tassie owned Beer Street winner of the Caulfield Cup fwiw,
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2019 at 4:41pm
Originally posted by Carioca Carioca wrote:

And Des Judd trained the tassie owned Beer Street winner of the Caulfield Cup fwiw,

Beer Street did the Herbert Power - Caulfield Cup double in 1970
Australian racing is only good up to 1400m in terms of world standards when it comes to depth/quality in numbers
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2019 at 4:48pm
Originally posted by Jamal Jamal wrote:

Originally posted by Carioca Carioca wrote:

Beer Street did the Herbert Power - Caulfield Cup double in 1970

Des had the sister as well, Gin Lane, had ability but not a good doer and lacked a little strength.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>