Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Saturday Racing Blog October 27 2018

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Saturday Racing Blog October 27 2018
    Posted: 27 Oct 2018 at 6:30am
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Dizzy View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2018 at 7:49am
Good morning Gay3 and all. Big smile  Good luck everyone! Thumbs Up
Go Flash Go View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Go Flash Go Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2018 at 8:17am
...hope it's a little quieter today at The Valley .... we're at the races kids Wink
Underground View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Underground Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2018 at 8:29am
Thumbs DownThumbs DownThumbs DownThumbs DownThumbs DownThumbs DownThumbs DownThumbs DownThumbs DownThumbs DownThumbs Down
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2018 at 9:22am
Another spring Grp 1 day. We are spoilt.

I'm starting with Biscara. Very unlucky last start but has drawn the rail this time and I suspect she'll be near the lead early, then pounce.
GAiBot's horse the danger but has provided added value for Biscara.

I started with nothing and still have most of it left
Kingy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Kingy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2018 at 10:19am
SAVATINO into WINX is the biggest bet I'll probably place this year. 

GO YOU GOOD THINGS!
Breeding Above All View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Breeding Above All Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2018 at 10:25am
Go Winx!!! Never had much luck at MV tbh.. I think the best horse gets beat a lot due to the bias. Can’t stand the Valley.. but here I am again
JudgeHolden View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2018 at 10:41am
$500,000 for this first race...the insanity continues.

Not a lot of interest in in the first half of the card, pretty average fields really. Even the mile has taken a bit of a hit with the shift of the Cantala. They need to get the Manikato into this day. Two bets late for me- Red Cardinal and Real Success both each way. Happy punting.
Sneck View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sneck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2018 at 10:44am
mr5no4 sunset watch at 6.50+ looks a good bet
MJB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2018 at 10:59am
Great day of racing but not a betting day for me - well not at the Valley anyway. There looks to be some very even fields. Many horses will be hard luck stories. Given the track we're on, it's just too hard for me. I'll stay out and just enjoy the day as a racing fan.

However, l'll try and find something at Yarra Valley or St Arnaud or one of those other joints. That's my go today.
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2018 at 11:17am
Originally posted by scamanda scamanda wrote:

Another spring Grp 1 day. We are spoilt.

I'm starting with Biscara. Very unlucky last start but has drawn the rail this time and I suspect she'll be near the lead early, then pounce.
GAiBot's horse the danger but has provided added value for Biscara.

Well.............interference aside.

They still would have finished 1 - 2.

An easy quinella in the end. And these money back in Free Bets for 2nd or 3rd are good stuff.
I started with nothing and still have most of it left
Magnolian Khan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2018 at 11:39am
Originally posted by MJB MJB wrote:

Great day of racing but not a betting day for me - well not at the Valley anyway. There looks to be some very even fields. Many horses will be hard luck stories. Given the track we're on, it's just too hard for me. I'll stay out and just enjoy the day as a racing fan.

However, l'll try and find something at Yarra Valley or St Arnaud or one of those other joints. That's my go today.

Mate of mine reckons Jittery Jack in the last at St Arnaud is a moral.
Also fancies Manhattan Ménage in the Cup
MJB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2018 at 12:46pm
Originally posted by Magnolian Khan Magnolian Khan wrote:

Originally posted by MJB MJB wrote:

Mate of mine reckons Jittery Jack in the last at St Arnaud is a moral.
Also fancies Manhattan Ménage in the Cup

Jittery Jack $2.80 this morning into $1.95. I would say your mate has had a fair crack.

It does look the one on paper. It's got Lagerfield form who bolted in again yesterday.

MJB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2018 at 12:48pm
Just noticed K McEvoy has got the ride here on Assertive Play. Willo must have got the arse?

I thought the horse was disappointing last start. It can win without me.
Softy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Softy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2018 at 2:02pm
That was nice and tough
MJB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2018 at 2:07pm
Big win from the Tassie horse. Butchered but still had lengths on them.

You have to ask the question though - should she have gone to the Thousand Guineas? Given what we saw today, l'd say she would have been close to a good thing.

Softy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Softy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2018 at 2:16pm
Yes you’d think she would of went very well.
That winning ride bodes well for the champ though I think.
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2018 at 3:37pm
If any media person sticks a microphone under Debbie Kepitis's nose after this race my television is going the way of Elvis's.

A bullet hole right through the centre    
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
jacko1 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacko1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2018 at 3:39pm
Originally posted by VOYAGER VOYAGER wrote:

If any media person sticks a microphone under Debbie Kepitis's nose after this race my television is going the way of Elvis's.

You might want to turn off the telly then Big smile
MJB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2018 at 3:46pm

This is an even bigger certainty than Waller crying!
Smoke and Mirrors View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smoke and Mirrors Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2018 at 3:47pm
I actually have a feeling she will get rolled today.
"Go Hard or Go Home”
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2018 at 3:48pm
Debbie or Winx?  Smile
Smoke and Mirrors View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smoke and Mirrors Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2018 at 3:57pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

Debbie or Winx?  Smile
the horse. I just had this dream that she got beaten.
"Go Hard or Go Home”
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2018 at 7:02pm
Next time everyone claim the europeans are better stayers.  Look at Ventura Storm a English St Leger 2nd beaten less than a length.  He comes to Australia after winning a minor G1 over 2400m following that classic placing. He had three runs with top weights (around 60) finishes second to Winx in the Turnbull then gets 54 in both Caulfield and Melbourne Cups.  He's either run in WFA or been around the 55 or 54 mark in Handicaps including today.

2nd was Trap for Fools.  He's never been the distance.  He's won a couple of Listed races in WA.  Um he had to carry 56.5.  He had to give weight to Libran who has won a G3 placed in G1's and won alot more than he has over double.

So when they say we can't beat the imported stayers.  Think abit out what they get weighted at if they show some form.
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2018 at 10:45pm
Ventura Storm broke the 2500m track record in the Moonee Valley Cup - the rime was 2:34.37
Australian racing is only good up to 1400m in terms of world standards when it comes to depth/quality in numbers
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2018 at 10:51pm
Yes he did Jamal and this where WSTB was a better run.

Quicker last 600m. Had to carry more weight and had to weave around horses to get in the clear.

This is like the year the Lloyd runner won the cup and Prince of Penzance ran second. Everyone was looking at the winner, but it was the higher weighted horse, who was better suited at 3200m who was the better option.

De javu!
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2018 at 10:55pm

Quicker last 600m. Had to carry more weight and had to weave around horses to get in the clear.

This is like the year the Lloyd runner won the cup and Prince of Penzance ran second. Everyone was looking at the winner, but it was the higher weighted horse, who was better suited at 3200m who was the better option.

De javu!

You give WSTB a chance of winning the Cup?
Australian racing is only good up to 1400m in terms of world standards when it comes to depth/quality in numbers
goldey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2018 at 4:46am
Originally posted by Jamal Jamal wrote:

Ventura Storm broke the 2500m track record in the Moonee Valley Cup - the rime was 2:34.37

Who broke the 1200m track record on Friday night , would it will the Darley , this is the question one must ask one self.
Lord Hybrow View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord Hybrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2018 at 6:03am
Originally posted by Jamal Jamal wrote:

De javu!

You give WSTB a chance of winning the Cup?

Neither WSTB or Ventura Storm are winning chances in the Melb Cup. But what Voyager is saying is that on their MV Cup runs, that WSTB should finish ahead of Ventura Storm in the Melb Cup.
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2018 at 9:21am
That is 100% correct, Lord!

Top six hope which he always is over 3200m, but he will be going in my first fours and trifectas, one of the few locals to do so.
 Post Reply Post Reply