Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Coping with Loss. The True Winx Story.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Coping with Loss. The True Winx Story.
    Posted: 23 Oct 2018 at 10:05am
I, like many Australians, and indeed around the world, adore Winx and rate her as one of the greatest to grace the turf of all time.

We marvel at her speed of stride.
We adore her name.
We adore the people connected to her.
The owners. The Trainer. The stable hands.

But

The 2018 Cox Plate, is a farce.

This is a classic example of people trying to manifest perfection, when the true calling of Australian spirit, is to "defy" the odds.

Defy what is difficult.

To accept that loss in life, is what people truly empathise with.
Loss of loved ones.
Loss of wealth, of health.

Loss, is an inevitable part of life that we must understand.
Pain, and suffering, is part of life.

The 2018 Cox Plate, has turned into an affair in which we should just hand the mighty mare the trophy and not even ask her to run.

Starting with the non entry of The Autumn Sun, who only needed to travel another 10km down the road, 2 weeks after a dominant Caulfield Guineas victory, displaying an outstanding length of stride.
He would have carried no weight and been very hard to beat, even for the almighty mare.

So, here we are, scared of loss, to the point it became ridiculous.

What could have been the greatest swansong, a retirement race, basked in glory, has turned into a joke, simply because there is no acceptance of loss.
Run scared.
Run away from the challenge.
Hand the glory.

Sadly, but maybe thankfully, Winx knows none of this.
She will bolt around the track, we will hold our breath and hope she gets around safely.
We dont want anything bad to happen to her, nor to any jockeys, nor to any horse.

But the world we live in, brings us lessons of loss and pain. Even Sir Donald Bradman, out for a duck in his final innings, needing just a run to average 100 per innings. It didnt happen. But a nation empathised.

This race has become an example of human spirit, attempting to avoid what is true and real to all of us.

Humans empathise with loss and pain.

I wish Winx well, and frankly, I hope she wins by a furlong.

But if loss comes, its a reminder that the reason we fell in love with her, wasnt just her extraordinary athletic ability, its because she was defying odds.

Defying odds and rising up out of the red dirt and dust, is what makes the Australian spirit remarkable.

She is a deeply special horse with a deeply special emotional trainer and a humble jockey that admires sports in general.

Whatever happens, we wish them all well.

However, the 2018 Cox Plate is a farce.

hatch View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hatch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2018 at 10:10am
Don't believe a word of it, there is never a certainty in any race .
adolphus twirk View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adolphus twirk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2018 at 10:55pm
I hope she wins. Bought a ticket four months ago. I have backed Benbatl because I think he can beat her. Had a saver for the place. Hope she wins but if she doesn't I hope I do. It is actually a good field.
 Post Reply Post Reply