Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Tipping and Wagering
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Betting Flucs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Betting Flucs
    Posted: 17 Oct 2018 at 10:36am
As Geoff Toovey says “ there has to be an investigation”

Does it drive anyone else mad?
Wanted to back Falerina yesterday at Newcastle. I bet with 3magencies and 5hete must have been a dozen flucs in the last 3 minutes. $2. 15 into $1.95 and a minute later it jumps at $2.15

40 years of going to the track I never say this madness that happens in just about every race on every day.
These web based services are crap
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2018 at 10:38am
No one?
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2018 at 11:49am
As I understand it Shrunk traders are a thing of the past controlling markets. All done by very sophisticated software taking information from numerous sources. Different filters applied for liability / customer value & out pops the market. Because of this I find most corporate prices near on identical these days as they are all using the same info / software. Cherry picking prices is still possible - not to the same extent as it used to be though.
Refer ALP Election Promises
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2018 at 11:58am
Just frustrating mate when you see a big move late and then 30 seconds later it blows by 5 points.
Of course you've already hit the submit buttonAngry
spinner View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2018 at 3:53pm
its all one big game, might as well just have one operator like the TAB and bann the rest. no risk takers thats for sure.

Mayor View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mayor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2019 at 6:23pm
Why do you think that happens Shrunk in the Wash? Do you think there is such a high volume of money going in just prior to the race? Then there are the lays etc.. do you think it's merely a product of the rapid nature of online betting?

Originally posted by Shrunk in the Wash Shrunk in the Wash wrote:

As Geoff Toovey says “ there has to be an investigation”

Does it drive anyone else mad?
Wanted to back Falerina yesterday at Newcastle. I bet with 3 agencies and there must have been a dozen flucs in the last 3 minutes. $2.15 into $1.95 and a minute later it jumps at $2.15

40 years of going to the track I never say this madness that happens in just about every race on every day.
These web based services are crap
Mayor
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2019 at 10:42pm
I believe the biggest Traders are Betfair Themselves.
You have the likes of Tom Waterhouse misleading the clients with these imaginary prices , while he's using them to drive down the prices he has already bet...      Trade out for profit and collect the subscription money to boot.

Betfair state they beat tote prices by near 10% --- They don't on favoured runners but do , big time on longer prices .
That 10% commission to NSW is OBSCENE>   May V'landy choke on his ice cream.
rusty nails View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2019 at 10:57pm
Maxie, tell me where Waterhouse can get set early.

If mugs like me can’t get set before Raceday,how could Waterhouse get set anywhere?
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2019 at 12:48am
Originally posted by rusty nails rusty nails wrote:

Maxie, tell me where Waterhouse can get set early.

If mugs like me can’t get set before Raceday,how could Waterhouse get set anywhere?

I know what your saying, but would expect the tight knit team he would be part of, will get on before the outsiders.   ( is his father still bookmaking) ?.
What do you think is his aim is , in selling tips for varying amounts ?/

I often wondered where he was getting the money to spend millions on advertising , a few years ago .

One contributor on here , claims he has several people with a $5000 bank & his family getting these miracle prices for bigger dollars .
Also we see claims of $400000 on Winx at the short odds, millions in pools,
someone must be getting set.
( I don't really know a lot about todays set ups)   

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2019 at 1:00am
Maxie,
If you regularly back firmers, then none of them will let you on until 9am Raceday.

What’s his aim?
To skim easy money off mug punters at no risk for as long as he can.

Where did they get the money for advertising?
Helps to come from a wealthy family and marrying someone with plenty.

I recall he was quoted at the time that they “were growing broke”

Anyone claiming to get set early at great prices regularly is full of it.

A couple of weeks ago I was watching Rugby,and it was terribly one sided,but you could still get 1.36 i rang up to put on $600......
I got set for $2.64.

If you win,you can’t get on.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2019 at 1:09am
I note you posted at 1.00 am ..   it's 11 pm here ..Qld ...   So the clock has stuffed up by 1 hour. ( Note my powers of observation) .

Good to hear you win ..   Tough assignment ...    Too many give themselves no chance .
Comes under entertainment I guess ...    Costs a lot to attend Football or play Golf .   A few bets is probably cheaper.   GL.
Red Hare View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Hare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2019 at 2:09am
If the big syndicates can arrange for a 10% rebate from the tote, is it not conceivable that Tom (or similar) can get set before the 9am bell?

His reported prices are still complete bulldust, relative to his subscribers, but I don't doubt his ability to get on.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2019 at 11:54am
They get a rebate, because the tote makes money out of turnover.

The only reason corporates let pro punters on at all,is due to minimum bet legislation.
They are not ever going to give a free kick to anyone they perceive as long term winners.

Not ever.
bigal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2019 at 3:48pm
Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

[QUOTE=rusty nails] 

One contributor on here , claims he has several people with a $5000 bank & his family getting these miracle prices for bigger dollars .

Macca,
one of the CC's advised me of the above comment.

I really don't know what you are on about...... in 3 months 3 had 430 bets, and we took early prices on just probably 15 horses!!!!!!!! of those 4 paid better on BOB!!!!
every other bet (except Tassie) was placed at BOB........

miracle prices....if you call getting $8 on a horse on a Thursday for Saturday races on a horse that starts at $4-40 a miracle, well we must be working miracles!!!!!. ANYONE WITH A BIT OF NOUSE CAN DO IT!!

bigger dollars.... these CC's are having a $50 bet!!!! is that a BIG bet to you????

allan

maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2019 at 4:35pm
Pointless replying Al.     . I doubt too many are interested in some fairy tale revelations ,   After the events .

bigal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2019 at 4:40pm

Pointless replying Al.     . I doubt too many are interested in some fairy tale revelations ,   After the events .

yep, fairy tails like where we lost out on 4 horses by taking a fixed price when the BOB dividend paid higher what a great fairy tail!!!!!
yep,

like how we actually had a LOSS last month!!! another GREAT fairy tail.......

I LOVE the way you rollConfusedConfusedConfusedConfused.
bigal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2019 at 4:49pm
Originally posted by bigal bigal wrote:

[QUOTE=rusty nails] 

Macca,
one of the CC's advised me of the above comment.

I really don't know what you are on about...... in 3 months 3 had 430 bets, and we took early prices on just probably 15 horses!!!!!!!! of those 4 paid better on BOB!!!!
every other bet (except Tassie) was placed at BOB........

miracle prices....if you call getting $8 on a horse on a Thursday for Saturday races on a horse that starts at $4-40 a miracle, well we must be working miracles!!!!!. ANYONE WITH A BIT OF NOUSE CAN DO IT!!

bigger dollars.... these CC's are having a $50 bet!!!! is that a BIG bet to you????

allan

actually now I can see why it was pointless in replying....

you were proven WRONG IN THE WHOLE 3 STATEMENTS ABOVE.

1) no miracle in getting/taking fixed prices on less than 4% of our bets!!
2) getting a better price on a prior day to race day is no miracle either (the price is there IF you know what you are looking for!!!).
and 3) a $50 bet is NOT bigger dollars!!

allan

maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2019 at 5:08pm
Ho Ho Ho ...    I was communicating with Rusty about people getting set.
No mention of names in response to the statement that no one gets set early...      
Leave it at that ...   Our hearts are in our mouth in wait .
for the May edition of how you won millions in April ....
bigal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2019 at 5:21pm

Ho Ho Ho ...    I was communicating with Rusty about people getting set.
No mention of names in response to the statement that no one gets set early...      
Leave it at that ...   Our hearts are in our mouth in wait .
for the May edition of how you won millions in April ....

OR HOW WE LOST!!!!.... because I am fair dinkum about what I do and what I post. if we take a fixed  price, WE TOOK A FIXED PRICE!!. IF WE WON, WE WON. IF WE LOSE I POST IT AS A LOSS!!!!!

no mention of names??????
One contributor on here , claims he has several people with a $5000 bank & his family getting these miracle prices for bigger dollars ........ WELL I WONDER WHO THAT COULD BE?????????.......Let me think about it for 1 SECOND!!!!!

I still stand by my previous quote.....YOU WERE PROVEN WRONG 3 TIMES!!!
allan

john_scar View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john_scar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2019 at 1:46am
While on the topic of betting flucs, just a reminder to those who might be stupid like myself & still occasionally use the fixed odds for TAB (formerly UBET), please AVOID.
Frankly speaking they should be embarassed to call themselves a betting agency (RIPOFF agency would be more appropriate).
On Saturday a few hours before Ascot R7 was due I invested a $20 bet on #8 Mizlecki @ $1.60 to place.
At the time the bet was put on there were 9 runners but unfortunately by race start the field was down to 7 (still a sizeable field). Needless to say Mizlecki won comfortably but I knew there would be deductions.
For the record the tote paid $1.40 the place but to my shock horror my $20 investment returned me the grand total of $21.60. So this RIPOFF agency has paid me out on a Winx type return of just $1.08. Angry
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2019 at 2:42am
No wonder your Pzd off John...

One of the main concerns on this topic is the outlandish claims about prices obtained to have selections pay way over SP on almost every race.
The One aimed at, in the main ,   was Tom Waterhouse.
He released one tip on Friday when the board showed best price bet was $4.80, but into $2.60.   It won and paid 2.50. He then claims the $4.80
in his advertising .     Misleading at least, I consider it a false advertising scam.

Not my fault if some with a guilty conscience, get stirred into a frenzy.

Even the Betfair SP claim, to beating best tote by up to 20% is false , as on fancied runners it doesn't, when up to 10% commission is deducted.
 Post Reply Post Reply