Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Yucatan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavenly Glow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2018 at 10:13pm
Originally posted by Cupper Cupper wrote:

Until today I was thinking he would be saved for the Melbourne cup, then finally I was convinced he was running in CC so placed a bit of a "saver" bet on him...... Probably the quickest loss I've ever had!!

So did I, and so did many of my mates. I even said this morning to some I'd wait until after barrier draws. But no, too impatient. Happier its out though. It was a legit threat to others I got running for more. You're probably in the same boat I assume.
Cupper View Drop Down
Foal
Foal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cupper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2018 at 10:41pm
Basically exactly the same thing here. I'm only on KWD but Yucatan was the only one that's really jumped out as a good chance beating it. Obviously lots of others are a chance but I can't pin point any others to have a saver on.
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2018 at 10:41pm
Hasn't Lloyd got half of The Cliffs of Moher?

No reason he can not win both cups now, as I had Cliffs in front of him anyway.
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2018 at 12:39am
Are there provisions for late entries into the Cox Plate ?

reductio ad absurdum
StormSiren View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormSiren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2018 at 10:16am
Yes.... for a fee..

Fee $200,000 Any horse which has not previously been nominated or for which nomination or acceptance has lapsed, may be entered before 12 Noon on Monday, 22 October, 2018.
Lost in the magical world of racing. Storm Siren, Sirens Star, Elpis & Wait For It.
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2018 at 2:02pm
Williams says all in punters are stupid.Big smile
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Speediskey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speediskey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2018 at 2:44pm
If you're backing a Williams horse in the CC when it's a favourite for the MC, then I agree with him.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2018 at 3:12pm
Punters obviously can not trust the media spokesman for the nations biggest bookie - 

reductio ad absurdum
Sneck View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sneck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2018 at 5:41pm
I'm so sick of Lloyd Williams crap.
He's done significant damage to the Caulfield Cup and Cox Plate.
Bigger lollipop than his son.
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2018 at 6:05pm
Hasnt Yucatan done some damage and been scratched ?   Or have I mixed it up and got the wrong horse ?
animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2018 at 6:06pm
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

Punters obviously can not trust the media spokesman for the nations biggest bookie - 

That is shocking news.

Simon Cameron

horlicks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horlicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2018 at 6:07pm
No damage AA just Lloyd scratching him after telling everyone a few hours earlier that he was running
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2018 at 6:08pm
Ohhh, OK.  Thought I heard them say something about a leg.   DerrrrrrEmbarrassed  Thanks.

animals before people.
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2018 at 6:57pm
Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

Ohhh, OK.  Thought I heard them say something about a leg.   DerrrrrrEmbarrassed  Thanks.

That was one of the Godolphin runners.
They have had three with leg injuries since arriving here 2 weeks ago.
1 had to be put to sleep.
pnclick View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pnclick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2018 at 8:37pm
Similar parallels to AMRALAH. 

Bolts the Herbert Power in, tells everyone its spot on for the Caulfield Cup, and then scratches. 

That plan fell apart when the pain killers they were filling Amralah up with didn't wear off before the Melbourne Cup and he was scratched on the Saturday before. Didn't tell anyone before hand, and lost an Adelaide win as a result, as he tested positive in that as well...

Batman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Batman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2018 at 9:31pm
Originally posted by Speediskey Speediskey wrote:

If you're backing a Williams horse in the CC when it's a favourite for the MC, then I agree with him.

Lloyd probable means they are stupid compared to him. 😂
“Gambling has brought our family closer together. We had to move to a smaller house.”
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2018 at 10:37pm
Originally posted by Shawy38 Shawy38 wrote:

Which one, Shawy ??
animals before people.
anabel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anabel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2018 at 12:28am

Originally posted by Shawy38 Shawy38 wrote:

Which one, Shawy ??

Hamada was put down
Lordy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2018 at 12:40am
If people wait till final field before having a bet they wouldn’t have any issue.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2018 at 9:38am
I can see the value of backing Yucatan at $67 in CC early and hoping for the best but what was the point of backing him at $4.50 after his Hotham win but before CC acceptances? What's that about? I don't get it.

Simon Cameron

Kingy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kingy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2018 at 8:36pm
That win was something else but they rarely if ever back it up the next week... Punters generally get left scratching their heads saying "WTF was that?"

Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2018 at 12:05am
For those interested.

Yucutan was rated 123 by Timeform for the Herbert Powwr win.
Australian racing is only good up to 1400m in terms of world standards when it comes to depth/quality in numbers
Grey Affair View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grey Affair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2018 at 12:39am
Originally posted by Jamal Jamal wrote:

For those interested.

Is it correct that prior to the race, Yucatan was rated 114 by Timeform?

Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2018 at 1:46am
Originally posted by Grey Affair Grey Affair wrote:

Originally posted by Jamal Jamal wrote:

For those interested.

Is it correct that prior to the race, Yucatan was rated 114 by Timeform?

Yes that is correct.

Before Herbert Power win: 114 (Timeform)

After Herbert Power win: 123 (Timeform)
Australian racing is only good up to 1400m in terms of world standards when it comes to depth/quality in numbers
Sneck View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sneck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2018 at 2:34pm
Does anyone think there was anything in the Caulfield Cup that will trouble him? I didn't see it.
Sneck View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sneck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2018 at 2:36pm
I'm convinced Yucatan would have been a moral in the Caulfield Cup if he backed up well enough to hold his form.

Lloyd has really done alot of damage to the Caulfield Cup by bypassing it with the likely winner on multiple occasions.

What was the point of making it a 5 million dollar race? pointless.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2018 at 2:37pm
The 2 miles will trouble him.
reductio ad absurdum
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2018 at 5:13am
He could have nearly jogged another 800m the other day and still won. Hard to see two miles stopping him after that win.
Sunline...simply supreme
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2018 at 11:27am
For those interested....Timeform gave Yucutan a rating of 123 for the Herbert Power win.

Its the highest rating for a Herbert Power winner in years and years and as i said last week - the best Herbert Power win I have seen in years.

To put things in perspective...the last horse to do the Herbert Power/Melbourne Cup double was WA's Rogan Josh and he rated 113 for his Herbert Power win in 1999.

Based on that and based on Yucutan-s Herbert Power win...you would have to say that Yucutan is a big chance in the Melbourne Cup. Only question is if he can run the 3200m which in Rogan Josh's case - he had already seen the 3200m prior..in the Perth Cup on New Year's Day in 1999.
saintly96 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saintly96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2018 at 11:40am
Looked too good to be true. If he reproduces that in the MC, good luck beating him.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>